Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Conversation with Ollie: WATRB Fans Forum Report

  1. #16

    Default

    Originally Posted by hal9thou
    According to Hoos, we're a selling club. He repeated this statement. Now that's fine if

    a) you have a production line and b) you have someone who can make the most of limited playing resources.

    I think its too early to call the former, and as someone said above, Ollie will stay as long as the players have confidence in him - that's the acid test these days. He wouldn't be my first choice as a transition manager because I don't think he trusts the youngsters.

    Truth is, we're pretty static rather than in transition.
    Exactly my point.

    Going nowhere fast unfortunately.

  2. #17

    Default

    Originally Posted by Jeffqpr
    Hitman still doesn’t get it, there is no excuse we are where we now due spending & poor management, yes we are in a transitional period & will take as long as it takes to turn it around, we are just a middle of the table small club & I’d be quite happy to stay in this division for a while, we are not ready for premier yet & wouldn’t want to see again what happened before.
    thats all well and good and i support that.

    the crux of my argument is though, i'm sure we could do better than pe teachers, novices and sky pundits in charge of coaching a midtable championship team.

    as jimmy said on another thread, 15 wins from 50 odd matches incharge.

    preseason, hill of hell, signing 4 wingers and loaning another one have done nothing to show any progress whatsoever. if anything we are stagnant barring some chestbeating and more kissing of the badge.

    seeing as the owners are happy with what they are serving the fanbase, maybe they need now, start to reflect in the value for money aspect so as some of the fanbase can afford to start going again.

    £35 for a home match against burton is daylight robbery if you ask me.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

  3. #18

    Default

    Originally Posted by Rangers77
    If I had a conversation with him I would shout the word winger at him repeatedly......
    What do you mean? We have loads of wingers. The only thing Ollie likes more than badge kissing and chest beating is signing wingers. Lots of options on the wings.

  4. #19

    Default

    Originally Posted by hal9thou
    According to Hoos, we're a selling club. He repeated this statement. Now that's fine if

    a) you have a production line and b) you have someone who can make the most of limited playing resources.

    I think its too early to call the former, and as someone said above, Ollie will stay as long as the players have confidence in him - that's the acid test these days. He wouldn't be my first choice as a transition manager because I don't think he trusts the youngsters.

    Truth is, we're pretty static rather than in transition.

    its nearly that time of year again where hoo's starts to promote his early bird season tickets. remember this time last year, "buy your season tickets now so we can give ollie the funds to go out and buy the players that he needs."

    I dont blame hoo's though. he is pretty good at his job compared to the dof, bungle and knobhead.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Beverly Glen Deli, with a bowl of blueberries and a hamburger
    Posts
    4,103

    Default

    Originally Posted by Hitman34
    its nearly that time of year again where hoo's starts to promote his early bird season tickets. remember this time last year, "buy your season tickets now so we can give ollie the funds to go out and buy the players that he needs."

    I dont blame hoo's though. he is pretty good at his job compared to the dof, bungle and knobhead.
    If you get one then you will pay a lot less than 35 pounds for Burton
    "When you look annoyed all the time, people think you're busy"

  6. Default

    I'm not sure if he knows how to do what he wants to do.
    I still think this is the main problem. I think his tactical thinking is suspect, but I said that when he arrived..... if you accept that, and then you add a reluctance to blood the youngsters, you have a real problem with Ollie - especially managing 'a selling club' or ' a club in transition'. And at the forum Hoos identified us as both.

    Note to Hits: Hoos isn't working for QPR. He works for the man, always has. He's probably not even aware that there's a difference..... Les on the other hand, for all his problems, DOES get QPR. But he lacks the experience and the authority to challenge Uncle. I'm not convinced by the idea that Hoos is some kind of financial guru. He does what he's told.

  7. #22

    Default

    Originally Posted by hal9thou
    I still think this is the main problem. I think his tactical thinking is suspect, but I said that when he arrived..... if you accept that, and then you add a reluctance to blood the youngsters, you have a real problem with Ollie - especially managing 'a selling club' or ' a club in transition'. And at the forum Hoos identified us as both.

    Note to Hits: Hoos isn't working for QPR. He works for the man, always has. He's probably not even aware that there's a difference..... Les on the other hand, for all his problems, DOES get QPR. But he lacks the experience and the authority to challenge Uncle. I'm not convinced by the idea that Hoos is some kind of financial guru. He does what he's told.

  8. Default

    Originally Posted by FurtiveFox
    What do you mean? We have loads of wingers. The only thing Ollie likes more than badge kissing and chest beating is signing wingers. Lots of options on the wings.
    LOL. Maybe tell him to play one. Occasionally.

  9. #24

    Default

    Originally Posted by Rangers77
    LOL. Maybe tell him to play one. Occasionally.
    He does but as a wing back to throw the opposition. Absolute genius.

  10. #25

    Default

    He seems to think a formation strengthens the crappy players who have to fill the positions.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •