Striker-less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by corbray View Post
    he links up better than mackie or smith and gets around the pitch yes. he makes runs into the box and is always open for a pass when hes having a good game. tbh conors first touch is one of the only things hes good at, when he has a decent game he takes the ball really well. i'd take conor over mackie or smith everytime
    Yes he,like Mackie has a good first touch. Trouble is they rarely have a second touch.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
      he links up better than mackie or smith and gets around the pitch yes. he makes runs into the box and is always open for a pass when hes having a good game. tbh conors first touch is one of the only things hes good at, when he has a decent game he takes the ball really well. i'd take conor over mackie or smith everytime
      If i'm honest, and its only my opinion, but i don't believe we have a striker that's good enough to play at this level. Sylla's goals per game are better than the rest but still don't think he's good enough. Would personally like to see some of the youngsters given a go, really don't see how they can be any worse.

Comment

Whenever we start Smith we just hit it long.Yesterday was like football from the dark ages. Villa had real pace in the way way they attacked, we just had Lynch wellying the ball 50 yards to Smith. Agree that Ollie's post match comments show he is deluded. How can he be happy with that and especially the style of play.

Comment

So what everyone is saying is we don’t have the horses up front to compete. Play Smith, don’t play Smith. Play Conor and Mackie, don’t play Conor and Mackie. Point is the same; they are simply not good enough to make us a legitimate contender. Would bring Shodipo and Wheeler and Eze (January) into play, see what they could mean to us moving forward, then push for new blood either in January or after the season. This isn’t totally Ollie’s fault when you have no assets to play with up front, yet I agree his all’s-good-comments post game are tone deaf and aggravating.
          Last edited by Qprtanpa1; 19-11-2017, 10:07 PM.

Comment

If the point of football is to score goals, we are on a different page. If the point of football is to stop goals, we are on a different page. If the point of football is to have a trio of good midfielders, we've cracked it!

Comment

i don't listen to olly now the bloke is a chancer , y'day was awful tho not as bad as the burton game . i don't know the answer but i got there at 2.59 and when i saw smith in the team with his mate lynch i knew it was going to be a long afternoon

Comment

Working...
              X