Striker-less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striker-less

Every time Adomah and his gang had the ball in our box they felt a threat. Every time we did, was waiting for the disappointment. Unless we recruit strikers with speed and touch we will not, we cannot, be more than a mid level team. So if we do nothing in the January Window, let’s sit back and relax cause we’re simply not capable enough, not talented enough, to achieve more.

So bad we had all four of them on the pitch today. Three at the same time. What a treat. And no f sucker to cross the ball for them.

Comment

We're after Deevine Int'venshun in the January window

Comment

Washington was on the pitch for at least 30 mins today and contributed nothing! He ain't good enough Holloway and he has had a fair crack. Please please please stop playing him!

Comment

we have good options up front IF used right imo. sylla should always start whenever hes avaliable as he is easily our best striker, he looks the most likely to score and is good at finishing with his head and feet. washington or wheeler next to him, even though conor doesnt score much he still has a lot of gas in the tank, he closes people down and links up well with the rest of the team plus he has a beautiful first touch on him. wheeler simply hasn't been given a fair run in the team, he either plays as a wing back or is brought on for the last 5 minutes. he got a goal when he started against middlesbrough and even in his cameos for us hes looked a handfull in the box. you'd think that for a team that is lacking in people good at receiving crosses or poking the ball in that wheeler would be given a proper chance. the bloke has been hard done by and his confidence must be shot after last season were he contributed to 30 goals for exeter.
          smith simply should not start. ever. he limits the team so much and makes us play route one football as hes an easy target, we need to pass the ball round and work as a team not hoofing the ball smith everytime hes avaliable for a pass. bring him on as a sub whenever we need a goal or to preserve a lead, hes effective when everyone else is tired.
          mackie again, same role as smith.

Comment

So no Smith (to start), no Mackie and no Washington. ��There's only one Idrissa Sylla, there's only one Idrissa Sylla��
            musical score
            Unicode: U+1F3BC, UTF-8: F0 9F 8E BC

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
              we have good options up front IF used right imo. sylla should always start whenever hes avaliable as he is easily our best striker, he looks the most likely to score and is good at finishing with his head and feet. washington or wheeler next to him, even though conor doesnt score much he still has a lot of gas in the tank, he closes people down and links up well with the rest of the team plus he has a beautiful first touch on him. wheeler simply hasn't been given a fair run in the team, he either plays as a wing back or is brought on for the last 5 minutes. he got a goal when he started against middlesbrough and even in his cameos for us hes looked a handfull in the box. you'd think that for a team that is lacking in people good at receiving crosses or poking the ball in that wheeler would be given a proper chance. the bloke has been hard done by and his confidence must be shot after last season were he contributed to 30 goals for exeter.
              smith simply should not start. ever. he limits the team so much and makes us play route one football as hes an easy target, we need to pass the ball round and work as a team not hoofing the ball smith everytime hes avaliable for a pass. bring him on as a sub whenever we need a goal or to preserve a lead, hes effective when everyone else is tired.
              mackie again, same role as smith.
              Bloody hell what have i been missing. Washington links well with the rest of the team & has a beautiful touch?????????

Comment

Originally posted by guy.dunstan View Post
                Bloody hell what have i been missing. Washington links well with the rest of the team & has a beautiful touch?????????
                he links up better than mackie or smith and gets around the pitch yes. he makes runs into the box and is always open for a pass when hes having a good game. tbh conors first touch is one of the only things hes good at, when he has a decent game he takes the ball really well. i'd take conor over mackie or smith everytime

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                  We can hope I suppose,but strongly believe Holloway will be stracting his beard talking s h I t e (again) in January with NO or (or just peanuts) to spend on any new players.

Comment

Originally posted by guy.dunstan View Post
                    Washington was on the pitch for at least 30 mins today and contributed nothing! He ain't good enough Holloway and he has had a fair crack. Please please please stop playing him!
                    Does that go for Mackie too? So that's two strikers who should be no more than backup. Which leaves Smith, Sylla, Yeni, RGC and Chair. Have any of those first three had an extended run of starts? No they haven't. So that's at least a starting point. Otherwise how will we ever know? And we're already 4.5 months into the season.

Comment

Mackie is s hite. We have to start Washington and Sylla, with Smith as sub, and PLAY A F SCKING WINGER!!!!!!!

Comment

smith should not start , impact sub only the bloke is slow . mackie runs around a lot and mackie runs around a lot , wash no end product , sylla best of a bad lot .

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          smith should not start , impact sub only the bloke is slow . mackie runs around a lot and mackie runs around a lot , wash no end product , sylla best of a bad lot .
                          Indeed it is a truly depressing state of affairs for us to end up with that ‘strikeforce’. If we all know they are pony then so must the rest of the team: it must be tough starting each match knowing your chances of a win are so limited. As for yesterday.....that was just plain awful. The team was all over the place and Villa should have won by a much greater margin. That score line flattered us. I’m no fan of Holloway - I think the man is a complete buffoon - and I’m increasingly worried about what I’m seeing on the pitch. We had no structure, game plan, or real goal threat at all yesterday. There’s a good reason millwallscum voted him their worst ever manager.... As for his post match comments, he must’ve been watching a different game to the one I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                            Or get Jesus on loan from Citeh

Comment

100% agree Northolt.

Comment

Working...
                              X