On way home | QPR 1 Aston Villa 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On way home | QPR 1 Aston Villa 2

Fairly poor performance today, ok first half but second I thought we were outplayed by a strong Villa team, we give the ball away too much, hoof the ball all the time and continue to play 5 at the back, although Cousins and Bidwell are hopeless wing backs, squad is beginning to look thin, Lynch today was shocking, turned inside out countless times, no MOTM for me as I thought the whole team were off their game, lots of effort very little skill, if our midfield 3 are playing poorly this team does not function.
    No shame losing to big spenders who although the better team, I thought their defence was iffy
    Samba 🙈 what a crappy player.

Samba might be a crappy player but he beat smith in the air every single time. Thought villa were ok but we were shocking, villa seemed a big side and we played almost like the away team. All in all it wasn’t good enough, players out of position and a general lack of quality.

Comment

We weren't playing wing backs today. Was 442 and then, inexplicably, 433. Zero width all game. Truly terrible team selection, placement and subs.

Comment

Villa did their homework nullified Scowens , and were a far stronger all round team

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          We weren't playing wing backs today. Was 442 and then, inexplicably, 433. Zero width all game. Truly terrible team selection, placement and subs.
          Started with a back 5 of Cousins, Baptiste, Lynch, Robinson and Bidwell, not sure at the end as it all went #### up, which under Holloway is normal

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
            Started with a back 5 of Cousins, Baptiste, Lynch, Robinson and Bidwell, not sure at the end as it all went #### up, which under Holloway is normal
            4-3-3 after Conor replaced Mackie - but crazily still with no wingers.

Comment

Was 442 much of the first half. That's how we started. Mass out wider than usual next to the empty no 8 shirt. Little use of a diamond shape. Bidwell then pushed up and Cousins sometimes dropped back into the four. That's how it looked to me. But I don't have my badges

Comment

We were fine until that ridiculous substitution at half time. I get that he might be tired (even though he didn't even play the second leg), but at least give him 15 minutes in the second half so that we have a chance to get a foothold.

As soon as luongo went off, we lost total control of the middle. My mate and I came out to the stands 1 minute late and the first thing we saw as that it looked like we were playing without any centre mids and even more inexplicable was the fact that it didn't look like we had bl oody wingers on either.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

A very dangerous team of ball players, that looked capable of scoring every time they broke with pace. Look nailed on for promotion from today's showing.

Comment

Clearly no one can agree as to what formation we played. Imagine how the players feel.
                    D ickhead of a manager is to blame.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                      A very dangerous team of ball players, that looked capable of scoring every time they broke with pace. Look nailed on for promotion from today's showing.
                      Same could be said when we played foolham two months ago. They have not won a game since.
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

The big issue with us we do not have a manager who can change things from the sidelines. We are at a crossroads with Mr Holloway.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                          The big issue with us we do not have a manager who can change things from the sidelines. We are at a crossroads with Mr Holloway.
                          We should be at a crossroads with Ollie but we aren't. Absolutely no chance club will get rid. Powers that be believe we are in a very difficult position and need stability. Agree with them but sometimes you have to make changes regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                            We should be at a crossroads with Ollie but we aren't. Absolutely no chance club will get rid. Powers that be believe we are in a very difficult position and need stability. Agree with them but sometimes you have to make changes regardless.
                            He should have gone in the summer. No point changing now. Wait until season end.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              We were fine until that ridiculous substitution at half time. I get that he might be tired (even though he didn't even play the second leg), but at least give him 15 minutes in the second half so that we have a chance to get a foothold.

As soon as luongo went off, we lost total control of the middle. My mate and I came out to the stands 1 minute late and the first thing we saw as that it looked like we were playing without any centre mids and even more inexplicable was the fact that it didn't look like we had bl oody wingers on either.
                              Cant disagree with any of that

Comment

Working...
                              X