Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Russians I’ve seen whilst abroad (was 'Russians')

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
    beware of man holding umbrella
    Haha, that had crossed my mind.

Add that to the list Stan, “causing slow painful death to people with opposing political views”
    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
    Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
      Ok, I admit it is a slight generalisation.
      "Slight "?!

Feel free to change the title to “all Russians I’ve seen whilst abroad”
      Ok, will do

Could you also add state sponsored cheating at sport to the list while you’re at it Stan.

Add that to the list Stan, “causing slow painful death to people with opposing political views”
      Ok, so now you're talking about the corrupt thug Putin who's running the country, not its citizens :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        "Slight "?!

Ok, will do

Ok, so now you're talking about the corrupt thug Putin who's running the country, not its citizens :-)
        Corrupt thug, or saviour of the Western world? It's all about perspectives. Certainly what Putin achieved in Syria has been incredibly successful in the pursuit of peace when compared to what the Western allies achieved, which was merely to prolong the war and create only more discord, death and destruction.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          Corrupt thug, or saviour of the Western world?
          How about a bit of both?

Hubs, have you seen Icarus yet? It's a real eye-opener mate. Highly recommend it.

Comment

How about a bit of both?

Hubs, have you seen Icarus yet? It's a real eye-opener mate. Highly recommend it.
            No mate - can you give me a quick heads up? Then I'll give it watch.

Comment

No mate - can you give me a quick heads up? Then I'll give it watch.
              I hyper-linked to it in my post above.

It's basically a thorough exposé of pretty much the biggest scandal in sporting history involving Russian state sponsored cheating by circumnavigating positive dope-testing, resulting in hundreds of athletes being cheated out of Olympic medals dating back at least 40 years.

Comment

I hyper-linked to it in my post above.

It's basically a thorough exposé of pretty much the biggest scandal in sporting history involving Russian state sponsored cheating by circumnavigating dope-testing, resulting in hundreds of athletes being cheated out of Olympic medals dating back at least 40 years.
                Ah okay. I guess no other country's athletes took performance enhancing drugs then and got away with it? Sure, the old Russkies did it in their inimitable way, but so many other athletes did it and got away with it whilst their relevant authorities winked, I'm not minded to really be that bothered. Personally I say let athletes take whatever they like. Loved that Ben Johnson 100m!

Comment

I guess no other country's athletes took performance enhancing drugs then and got away with it?
                  Of course they have. But nothing like on this scale and magnitude, that was quite literally state-sponsored and with such blatantly nefarious political objectives.

Just watch the doc first mate, then we can chat more about it ;-)

Comment

Of course they have. But nothing like on this scale and magnitude, that was quite literally state-sponsored and with such blatantly nefarious political objectives.

Just watch the doc first mate, then we can chat more about it ;-)
                    Yes sir!

Comment

"Slight "?!

Ok, will do

In respect of state sponsored doping yes, but the rest ( ok, not every single one I grant you) of his countrymen still have no manners and beat up our innocent peace loving football fans etc etc.
                      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                      Will Danaher

Comment

Yeah I've seen Icarus Stan, decent documentary. Found it more of a comedy tbf. The main russian is a complete fruitcake.

Comment

Working...
                        X