Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 109

Thread: Rep of Ireland ?

  1. Default

    Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    I would watch any of the Irish sides any day of the week. Always a decent game.

    England. I wouldn’t watch them if they were on in my front garden. One of the worst footballing sides to watch in I don’t know how long.
    NI games are usually awful to watch.

  2. #47

    Default

    I’ve met very few Irishman who genuinely hate the English. A fair few have taken the pi$$ when it comes to football, sometimes to the point where it becomes irritating, but why wouldn’t they ?
    Let’s face it they have every right to.
    We are a bit of a laughing stock when it comes to the national team.
    Lack of fight, choking at the main event etc, we’ve left ourselves open to dogs abuse over the years.
    If England showed one tenth of the spirit of northern or Republic of Ireland, we’d be a lot better for it.
    Their fans could teach a few of the tw@ts that turn up for England games a thing or two as well.
    He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long

  3. #48

    Default

    Originally Posted by 72bus
    the irish sides show a bit of fight , passion and heart , ain't seen that in years from england
    Spot on mate
    Last edited by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit; 13-11-2017 at 10:05 AM.

  4. #49

    Default

    Originally Posted by Norths
    NI games are usually awful to watch.
    Disagree. Always a bit of fight & passion. I'm not talking about footballing quality (it's N Ireland) but again last night they played out of their skins. England. Shite.

  5. #50

    Default

    Originally Posted by 72bus
    thatchers popularity was down , she sent the task force their and walked the next election , defend our country by all means but the falkland islanders are of british descent i doubt if many of the have ever been to england , i despise all war where ever it is , my dad and people of his age were lied to , they were told to go and fight hitler and come back to a land fit for heroes , are the old people of this country treated like heroes , every year pensioners die in this country because they can't afford to put the heating on . the same happened in argentina they lost treble what we lost all because of politicans greed ..... 14 years of debate came to nothing , god knows how much money was spent on those meetings , did thatcher send her son to war ..... did tony blair send his ..... same as usual send the working class , there was a 200 mile exclusion zone agreed by both sides , the argentine ship the general belgrano was sunk outside the zone , terrible loses on both sides ........ thats why i don't care about the falklands , the islanders were not even born here and were only granted full british citizenship after the conflict , just to make them look a little more british don't you think ......... let's talk about oil or the pittance of money the widows received off the british goverment another day . i'd rather not though because i feel quite angry not with u but that american pecker ........ my dad may god rest his soul was in the 2nd battalion of the 51st gordon highlanders and fought for this country , he killed men and that haunted him at times , so when that fool talks about poppy's and wars , when he's never been their that grates me ....... one team one dream
    Spot on mate.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Beverly Glen Deli, with a bowl of blueberries and a hamburger
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Interesting read on James McClean here - https://amp.independent.ie/sport/soc...-36309553.html
    "When you look annoyed all the time, people think you're busy"

  7. Default

    Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    Disagree. Always a bit of fight & passion. I'm not talking about footballing quality (it's N Ireland) but again last night they played out of their skins. England. Shite.
    Entertaining game between England and Germany Friday night

    Its becoming cliché to knock the way England play, but maybe we're seeing a gradual change in direction

    Wouldn't watch a NI game if I was paid to, unless its at a major tournament

  8. #53

    Default

    Originally Posted by Norths
    Entertaining game between England and Germany Friday night

    Its becoming cliché to knock the way England play, but maybe we're seeing a gradual change in direction

    Wouldn't watch a NI game if I was paid to, unless its at a major tournament
    I agree. And it is also a cliche to call Scotland, Wales and Irish teams 'plucky' But it is actually a word related to failing generally isn't it. We love to knock our team whilst saying how great the other home nations are but who has qualified for the World Cup in 2018?

  9. Default

    Originally Posted by Brian Wilson
    Interesting read on James McClean here - https://amp.independent.ie/sport/soc...-36309553.html
    Still think he’s a to $$ er.

  10. #55

    Default

    Originally Posted by Norths
    Wouldn't watch an England game if I was paid to
    Nor would I. Complete and utter tripe led by a dreary dope.

  11. #56

    Default

    Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    Nor would I. Complete and utter tripe led by a dreary dope.
    I actually quite enjoyed watching a young England side take on Germany in the week. Not a massive England follower, or even English for that matter. But given I've lived 20 odd of my 35 years in England, I always keep an eye out. I thought the youngsters did really well, and for once in an England friendly, all 11 of them plus the subs looked like they gave a sh*t.
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

  12. #57

    Default

    Originally Posted by Hubble
    I was referring to your statement: they are as foreign as France. And last time I checked, America was at least 3,500 miles away mate, Ireland, a little closer!
    oh, but your response never included millage. just history, skeaking of the language, and previous british interests.

    just like to once again state, the rep of ireland is not part of great britain, the united kingdom or the commonwealth.

    it does not have the pound as its currency, and does not have the queen as its head of state.

    yes, ireland has a few things in common with the british, but so does half the world.

    by all means, cheer them on, but they are not a home nation. i stand by my statement that they are as foreign as france.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

  13. #58

    Default

    Originally Posted by Tarbie
    I actually quite enjoyed watching a young England side take on Germany in the week. Not a massive England follower, or even English for that matter. But given I've lived 20 odd of my 35 years in England, I always keep an eye out. I thought the youngsters did really well, and for once in an England friendly, all 11 of them plus the subs looked like they gave a sh*t.
    I wouldn't know mate. Don't watch them. Glad you're happy though.

  14. #59

    Default

    james mclean must watch himself back on tv and see how he screws his boat up , not a nice sight

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    cork,ireland
    Posts
    10,002

    Default

    Originally Posted by Itsonlyagame
    I’ve met very few Irishman who genuinely hate the English. A fair few have taken the pi$$ when it comes to football, sometimes to the point where it becomes irritating, but why wouldn’t they ?
    Let’s face it they have every right to.
    We are a bit of a laughing stock when it comes to the national team.
    Lack of fight, choking at the main event etc, we’ve left ourselves open to dogs abuse over the years.
    If England showed one tenth of the spirit of northern or Republic of Ireland, we’d be a lot better for it.
    Their fans could teach a few of the tw@ts that turn up for England games a thing or two as well.
    I agree entirety with this post,and the vast majority of Irish people including myself get on very well with our English neighbours, it's only when it comes to your national teams in soccer and rugby where the dislike arises

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •