Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We took loads to Grimsby in 3rd round few years back

Comment

grimsby that fishing villiage in cleethorpes , we went their in the early 80's came back to our 2 transits and the locals had put the back and side windows in . we chased them down the street one fella ran into his house and we knocked on his door loudly , the police turned up nicked all of us , kept us in the station for a couple of hours and saw sense and let us go . it was freezing on the journey home with no windows

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        grimsby that fishing villiage in cleethorpes , we went their in the early 80's came back to our 2 transits and the locals had put the back and side windows in . we chased them down the street one fella ran into his house and we knocked on his door loudly , the police turned up nicked all of us , kept us in the station for a couple of hours and saw sense and let us go . it was freezing on the journey home with no windows
        Jesus Bus

When I drive away nowadays always take my rangers stuff out window not worth car getting keyed etc

Comment

i even take my wandsworth estate parking permit out , once had transit tyres slashed in wolverhampton because of a sticker on it with a london address had to get the train home . my mate had grief with the hire company as it was a small independant they had to send a fella to get it on the monday morning and wanted him to pay as he had not told them it was a football trip , i know a fella in richmond that hires cars , vans he is a brentford ST holder and hates rangers with a passion , he always asks " you ain't taking it to football are you "

Comment

I do think there should be assistance from the club to ensure that we group our fans according to those who wish to bounce about singing for 90 minutes and those who want to enjoy a prawn sarnie. We had 1700 at Forest but it sounded like we had 17 there.... rubbish atmosphere because our "rowdies" were scattered all over the place in pockets.
            Another side effect of having "rowdies" dotted about is the friction that builds between fans moaning to others for not singing or for standing - I think we'd all have more fun if we could sell away tickets as for "loud fan" or for "quiet fan". All clubs could assist each other with this, after all, games are better with an atmosphere instead of funereal silence.

Comment

Other clubs don't have this issue. You very rarely see followings of away fans sitting down.

In fairness, even at home we barely stand. Look at Wolves, Ipswich, Leeds, Sheffx2, Hull etc they all have massive areas where people stand.

With the split of fans, it would be pretty impossible for the club to do it. If all those who wanted to stand went to the front, then everyone would have to stand and I bet that people will enjoy it more even if they arent a lover of standing.

Comment

I remember being at Stamford bridge in the fa cup. We were in fine voice and I was standing, screaming and chanting about john Terry's mum. A guy in the back row was in the very last row told me to sit down. He had a small boy so I did. Why he bought a ticket there was a bit daft on his behalf but that's how football has gone and this was against the sc um.
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  I remember being at Stamford bridge in the fa cup. We were in fine voice and I was standing, screaming and chanting about john Terry's mum. A guy in the back row was in the very last row told me to sit down. He had a small boy so I did. Why he bought a ticket there was a bit daft on his behalf but that's how football has gone and this was against the sc um.
                  So this is why it needs to change. Young QPR fans aren't different to Liverpool, Man Utd etc who stand everygame from front to back. Kids stand on chairs as they should, as I did. Something satisfying as a kid standing on the chairs overlooking the adults.

That's why I want the attitude to change for us when we are away from home. We should be standing on teh top tier, bottom tier at all games; especially against rivals or big league games. I am surprised more people haven't complained about it. A fair few do on Facebook.

Comment

when mine were little always asked the B.O on the dog for tkts at the front , was told we just send them out in order . this didn't pose that many problems as they would stand on seats or just go to the front as we hardly ever sold out, the thing about going away is u have no choice about who u sit next to , had a fella up at elland rd spent the whole of the 1st half jumping up making hand gestures to the leeds fans . told him to sit down in the end was ruining the game for me and he'd melt outside anyway

Comment

That says more about him than it does people who stand though. Ive stood next to kids and always hold my tongue. Doesnt mean you cant sing/chant through the game though. Just lay off the C word

Comment

got no problem with fans jumping up to get behind the R's , just hate the pasties that spend the game offering out the oppositions fans

Comment

offering out
                          Always found that an interesting turn of phrase, given that it sounds more like 'After you, Claude – no, After you Cecil!'

Comment

got no problem with fans jumping up to get behind the R's , just hate the pasties that spend the game offering out the oppositions fans
                            It is embarrassing. Happened and Newcastle away last season when the QPR fans were leaving. Funny thing is, it all filtered to the same part anyway and there was literally zero trouble. More so from their side, has to be said. Most of the QPR lot were laughing which caused them to more annoyed.

Comment

I am really surprised that more people aren't agreeing that something needs to change with our away support. Do the bulk of you think sitting in near silence is fun and helping the team? More focused on the fun part.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                                I am really surprised that more people aren't agreeing that something needs to change with our away support. Do the bulk of you think sitting in near silence is fun and helping the team? More focused on the fun part.
                                To be fair Im normally so p*ssed I cant stand anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X