Away revolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    I do think there should be assistance from the club to ensure that we group our fans according to those who wish to bounce about singing for 90 minutes and those who want to enjoy a prawn sarnie. We had 1700 at Forest but it sounded like we had 17 there.... rubbish atmosphere because our "rowdies" were scattered all over the place in pockets.
    Another side effect of having "rowdies" dotted about is the friction that builds between fans moaning to others for not singing or for standing - I think we'd all have more fun if we could sell away tickets as for "loud fan" or for "quiet fan". All clubs could assist each other with this, after all, games are better with an atmosphere instead of funereal silence.
    Quiet at the front, loud at the back...job done!

Comment

Just allow the away fans to stand / sit where they want in the area rather than sitting in the seat the ticket says. Nothing worse than being next to someone who moans that you're either to quiet or too noisy
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Away fans need to have a pre-match ice-breaker/get to know you sort of thing. The kind of thing they do on office away days and team building days.

Comment

i feel your pain Spong , but the youth need to sort this organically ,( much like they did at Palace ), because it was always the youth that started the atmosphere off ,and the rest would join in, but our lot seem too apathetic to sing during away matches , they prefer to jump up and down at half time and throw lager about .
          Dont get why at home games they havnt moved up to X Block ,and given it to the away fans .Remember the baiting from the paddock terrace to the away end in the 80s ? ( with the Chaps in the Ellerslie on the other side ,and the Loft Boys singing their hearts too ,Loftus rd was a different kettle of fish then !)
          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

I've said before the noisy home fans should move to x-block. Also agree it should develop naturally. I'd rather we were silent than copied how other fans acted. Proper embarrassing seeing wanna be lads from some of clubs that have come down over the years.

Comment

People get thrown of x block though, for doing not much which is part of the problem. I think if the club offered x block at say £20 and say that it will be the noisy section, or another noisy part then i think it would generate a lot of interest and greatly improve the dire atmosphere. I just bought tickets for Brentford, restricted view in X block, it is empty and it cost me £30 (includ booking fee). No wonder we have so many stay away younger fans. Fine if yo uare under 21 but 22 and older cant afford it.

Comment

Away revolution

Comment

Comment

They have promised to go be like Palace Ultras

I hope they plot up by the away end

Comment

This is a great idea. Whoever wants to stand and make a proper atmosphere at the games move to x block ( mainly empty there). R block isn't what is was. When I first got my season ticket 9 years ago the atmosphere was much better and r block was noisy. Can barely hear them now from a block.
                      Similar to what palace did. Took over that section of the stadium, ok I'm not a fan of all wearing black but I remember when it started as a handful of them, now they have grown and to be fair they produce a great atmosphere.

A better atmosphere would also get more fans in at other ends of the ground and the support would help the team.

WIN WIN I say

Comment

Anybody in a agreement should spread the word and tweet in club officials and get it as heard as possible

Comment

This is brilliant news hopefully taking the best bits of Palace Ultras like the atmosphere , singing etc and leaving the cringy ie dressing the same
                          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                            This is brilliant news hopefully taking the best bits of Palace Ultras like the atmosphere , singing etc and leaving the cringy ie dressing the same
                            ....and calling themselves "the Ultras". Utterly cringeworthy in my opinion!

Comment

Sounds very, very sh*te

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                                Sounds very, very sh*te
                                How can it sound sh*te??

Taking a empty part of the ground by the away supporters and filling it with people looking to vocally enjoy the game and create an atmosphere, this is the reason most prefer away games. The majority of fans actually want to stand and sing....

Let me know any plans for the first game and il move my seats for a game.

Comment

Working...
                                X