Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56

Thread: Fans urged to donate to local foodbank

  1. #1

    Default Fans urged to donate to local foodbank

    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

  2. #2

    Default

    This, in one the richest countries in the world, stuffed with millionaires and billionaires, all avoiding paying their taxes. It's absolutely scandalous.

  3. #3

    Default

    let's hope they ask the players to dig deep as well

  4. #4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Hubble
    This, in one the richest countries in the world, stuffed with millionaires and billionaires, all avoiding paying their taxes. It's absolutely scandalous.
    Agree.

    Despicable and disgusting behaviour.

  5. #5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Hitman34
    It's official!!!!! #
    Not an attempt at headline-grabbing clickbait, surely?

    WATRB prides itself on not descending to such practice

  6. #6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Stanley
    Not an attempt at headline-grabbing clickbait, surely?

    WATRB prides itself on not descending to such practice
    Hahaha. It just compounds my hash tag of shopping at #foodbank

    Feel free to change the title and except my apology if that's the case Stan.

    Deeper thought, there are also people who can afford to buy mobile phones, games consoles ect that somehow are allegable to gain access of free food at food bank. They are p11ssing all over the system.

    There are upto 3 mill people living on food bank in this country.
    How many who are legitimately that poor remains unknown but I know a couple of people who frequent the store even though they can afford to buy food.

    #shoppingatfoodbank
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

  7. #7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Hitman34
    Hahaha. It just compounds my hash tag of shopping at #foodbank

    Feel free to change the title and except my apology if that's the case Stan.

    Deeper thought, there are also people who can afford to buy mobile phones, games consoles ect that somehow are allegable to gain access of free food at food bank. They are p11ssing all over the system.

    There are upto 3 mill people living on food bank in this country.
    How many who are legitimately that poor remains unknown but I know a couple of people who frequent the store even though they can afford to buy food.

    #shoppingatfoodbank
    Have had similar thoughts myself. It's all relative. I guess it comes down to what your definition of 'poverty' is. People literally starving in Somalia or The Congo I imagine would have a very different definition.

    It also raises the question of whether smartphones, computers etc are still regarded as luxury items in the west, or are now seen as essentials, and the latest versions (usually bought on the never-never) given priority over say non-essential food items i.e. healthier but more expensive options in the supermarket aisles...

  8. #8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Stanley
    Have had similar thoughts myself. It's all relative. I guess it comes down to what your definition of 'poverty' is. People literally starving in Somalia or The Congo I imagine would have a very different definition.

    It also raises the question of whether smartphones, computers etc are still regarded as luxury items in the west, or are now seen as essentials, and the latest versions (usually bought on the never-never) given priority over say non-essential food items i.e. healthier but more expensive options in the supermarket aisles...

    On your last point Stan, eating well is not expensive. It's cheap, in fact. Because the healthiest food, simple grains, fresh fruit and veg, is totally affordable even on a very low income. It's the crap food that people eat that costs money, all the snacks, junk, sweets etc.

  9. Default

    Different generational expectations. See young couples these days moaning about being skint yet their kids have new everything, all the modern gadgets, money for fags and alcohol, expect to move straight into a house etc.

    My parents used to buy second hand everything and both grafted. I spent best part of a decade in an unheated studio flat eating out of date food etc.

    Young people these days don't expect to have to make any sacrifices to get on. They expect it handed to them. Unreal really. The country has bred a nation of weak willed softies with zero drive.

    I sound about a 100 years old but there you go!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    on the edge ( of Croydon)
    Posts
    6,254

    Default

    Originally Posted by FurtiveFox
    Different generational expectations. See young couples these days moaning about being skint yet their kids have new everything, all the modern gadgets, money for fags and alcohol, expect to move straight into a house etc.

    My parents used to buy second hand everything and both grafted. I spent best part of a decade in an unheated studio flat eating out of date food etc.

    Young people these days don't expect to have to make any sacrifices to get on. They expect it handed to them. Unreal really. The country has bred a nation of weak willed softies with zero drive.

    I sound about a 100 years old but there you go!
    Thats a load of ######## ,
    young people these days have it so much harder , getting on the property ladder in London is an impossible dream for them , we had is much easier , its not relative, we worked hard and got a place to live, they have no chance on their own . they have ,HAVE , to have a good education to get even the the most pony job .I walked into and out of decent jobs ,with no real education in the mid 80s . Wouldnt want to swap places with the the youth of today ,all we needed was a work ethic and we all cracked on , no future for any kids like me these days.
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

  11. #11

    Default

    kids born in the 80's and 90's are now known as the snowflake generation, my stepson refuses to work , plays ps4 all day , he's a eating machine , drinks gallons of milk and ponces off his girlfriend . shouts if you ask him to lift a finger round the house . he's 18 laughs if you ask him for rent . he says mum earns enough she's not having money off me , i've tried telling him to man up have some pride find a job and pay his way , there are plenty of jobs out there if you want one we've bred kids that think the world owes them a living , as for foodbanks i'm sure you have to have a letter from your GP , social worker or CPN before they give you any food , any ideas on how to get rid of the man/boy will be gladly received

  12. Default

    Originally Posted by Hubble
    This, in one the richest countries in the world, stuffed with millionaires and billionaires, all avoiding paying their taxes. It's absolutely scandalous.
    Always been interested in the definition of Millionaire. OK, if you have 1m in the bank. But what if you use half of that to buy a house? What if the house is registered in joint names?

    Do you include pension entitlements?

    Plenty of Millionaires in London have houses, have pension rights, work and pay PAYE without any possibility of avoiding taxes.

  13. #13

    Default

    Originally Posted by vespa
    Thats a load of ######## ,
    young people these days have it so much harder , getting on the property ladder in London is an impossible dream for them , we had is much easier , its not relative, we worked hard and got a place to live, they have no chance on their own . they have ,HAVE , to have a good education to get even the the most pony job .I walked into and out of decent jobs ,with no real education in the mid 80s . Wouldnt want to swap places with the the youth of today ,all we needed was a work ethic and we all cracked on , no future for any kids like me these days.
    Bang on

    Originally Posted by 72bus
    kids born in the 80's and 90's are now known as the snowflake generation, my stepson refuses to work , plays ps4 all day , he's a eating machine , drinks gallons of milk and ponces off his girlfriend . shouts if you ask him to lift a finger round the house . he's 18 laughs if you ask him for rent . he says mum earns enough she's not having money off me , i've tried telling him to man up have some pride find a job and pay his way , there are plenty of jobs out there if you want one we've bred kids that think the world owes them a living , as for foodbanks i'm sure you have to have a letter from your GP , social worker or CPN before they give you any food , any ideas on how to get rid of the man/boy will be gladly received
    With all due respect only an idiot would put up with that clown. Has he been taught respect in his life because it doesn't appear so.

  14. #14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    Bang on



    With all due respect only an idiot would put up with that clown. Has he been taught respect in his life because it doesn't appear so.
    been brought up by his mum

  15. #15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Hubble
    This, in one the richest countries in the world, stuffed with millionaires and billionaires, all avoiding paying their taxes. It's absolutely scandalous.
    Come have a closer look at Africa if you think the situation in the UK is bad mate. Trust me, the gulf between the wealthy and the poor, as well as levels of corruption in these parts are off the charts.

    I actually think we get it about right in the UK. Everyone has a chance to make something of their lives. Ain't like that over here. More than half the people in SA have literally zero chance of ever amounting to anything. No free education, no healthcare, no dole money, not even any running water a lot of them.

    I find it quite hard to believe that there are 3 million people in the UK that genuinely need food banks. Call me a cynic, but I'd bet a few of them find enough for a 4 pack of special brew and a pack of Golden Virginia on their way to the food bank.
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •