Fans urged to donate to local foodbank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Is that just a hunch mate, or do you know something?

I'd not even considered that might be the reason behind any community work that the club does. I'd just assumed that Fernandes is a decent fella, and likes to give something back to the community.
    It's a very strong hunch, backed up by knowledge from working in the government and with charities. It doesn't take away from the genuinely good work the club does. It also strengthens our case for ground move. A lot of businesses will do things like this for tax brakes and brand reputation. Nothing dodgy or unusual about it. Very smart move from the club in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
      It's a very strong hunch, backed up by knowledge from working in the government and with charities. It doesn't take away from the genuinely good work the club does. It also strengthens our case for ground move. A lot of businesses will do things like this for tax brakes and brand reputation. Nothing dodgy or unusual about it. Very smart move from the club in my opinion.
      Well if thats true they will be giving us a pay out not fining us after that marvellous job for Grenfell.,

Comment

It was really good job, just under a million raised. We're in a tricky situation, but that's QPR, always ducking and diving!

Comment

Yes, good PR certainly plays a part, and it's one thing the club are expert at.

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
            Well done for your sweeping generalisation about my generation...

As for getting rid of him. NExt time he goes out, sell his playstation and tv and buy him a suit and tell him to go and get a job. Can buy a playstation with his first pay cheque if he really wants one that bad

I like your thinking.

Thats a bloody good idea, best to wait for the january sales to get a new suit, let him enjoy his christmas.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Stop the politics, fellas. I've just donated these to the foodbank for Caulker.....

hahahahahahaha.

I'm going to donate some of these for crappie and washingrot............

nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                I like your thinking.

Thats a bloody good idea, best to wait for the january sales to get a new suit, let him enjoy his christmas.
                Haha, or we could get the playstation in the sales...the money he saves can be for rent!
                My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Lot of speculation in this thread, not many actual facts on the current situation regarding people in genuine hardship in Britain. So here you go, some actual research:

"A year on from the introduction of the lower benefit cap, its abiding legacy is to push people closer to homelessness.The cap, introduced on 7 November 2016, reduced the total amount any family can receive in benefits from £26,000 to £23,000 in London and £20,000 outside the capital, leaving families with significant shortfalls between the benefits they get and the cost of their housing.
                  In our most recent research we spoke to 18 families with capped benefit across the UK and each time we heard a familiar story – one of stress, struggle and a daily fight to remain in their home.
                  Half of those families said they had gone without food, fuel or were otherwise in debt as a result of the cut. Among a raft of other hardships a third said they had been forced to use food banks.
                  That’s hardly surprising when the government’s most recent figuresshow that nearly a third of the 68,000 families that were capped have lost by between £50 and £100 a week in benefits.
                  One mother’s testimony poignantly sums up the impact of the policy; she told us that every day she thinks about the prospect of losing everything and being forced out of her family’s home. A single mother, she had given up work to look after her young baby and the cap slashed her housing benefit to just 50p a week.

Full article here: https://www.theguardian.com/housing-...lies-foodbanks

Comment

my mate is in a wheelchair , he's paralysed in his right arm and leg , has a brain injury from getting kicked in the head , he forgets what he's speaking about at times and gets upset when he can't remember, i've another mate that has addiction problems he gets more money than the fella in the wheelchair .

Comment

That's typical Tory tactics, turn the people against the poor 'scroungers' when the conomy's bust. Don't mention the rich bar stewards who caused it and ran off with all the money.

Comment

it's why they put all these jaywick and benefits programmes on tv , try and get the working class to laugh and talk about so called scroungers takes the dairy off the rich ..... force feed the masses garbage like the x factor on a saturday night to keep them happy , turn off the tv and educate yourself . sat in the land of oz one monday night in the late 80's and heard sowing the seeds by tears for fears ...... a light came on
                        Last edited by 72bus; 13-11-2017, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X