No announcement yet.

Fans urged to donate to local foodbank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop the politics, fellas. I've just donated these to the foodbank for Caulker.....

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      That's ***** with all due respect. I lived the way I had to live to get where I wanted to be. I'm now an employer. Too many of the youngsters are flaky, soft and have no drive.

They are cosseted and wouldn't last five minutes in our day as you put it. They want it all handed on a plate.
      whats #### about my post ? As you say,, You have worked hard ,and have worked yourself up to be an employer . Surely thats exactly what i said , in our day we worked hard ,and we stood a decent chance to amount to something . Be that ., working hard ,running a business ,employing loads of people , living in a massive detached house in Chiswick or working hard and providing for your family , and living on Wormholt estate . Being a real man and providing , surely thats what its all about .
      We had the opportunity to better our selves in a way that young people from working class families dont ,these days.
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
        False equivalence mate. Two wrongs don't make a right. This country is loaded. Yet we have people surviving on food banks. You think that's right? You think it's right that the super rich, the royals, the massive corporations who use the roads, hospitals, water, infrastructure built and maintained by ordinary people should avoid paying billions in tax? You think that's acceptable? It's not morally right, is it? It's taking the ####ing pi5s, that's what it is. You think people have an equal chance to make it here? Please! Do get real. It's a rigged system. A few climb up the greasy pole. The rest get by as they can. I tell you what it is, it's a ####ing waste. It's a stupid system. Why? Because it would taker much to make it so much better. Why do these super rich ####ers want more and more and more? They can't even spend it. The sooner it goes #### up the better.
        I never said its was equal mate. It's anything but.

Of course those born into wealth are born with more opportunities and more margin for error than those not born into wealth. But that's been the same since man started printing money, and it's actually far less pronounced in the UK than in the vast majority of other countries in the world.

In the UK we have the welfare system and free healthcare, education etc. This means that any man or woman with ambition and a brain can be whatever they want to be. Of course, if they are born poor it will be a longer slog, but I know plenty of guys from poor households and tough upbringings that have gone on to be very successful. How many people from the slums in Soweto or Favelas in Rio De Janerio could really expect the same?

I stand by my comment that I'm surprised that there are so many people relying on food banks. I'll admit, it ain't going to be much fun living off a paltry dole cheque every week, but at least you're living. Get outside of Western & Central Europe and lose your job, and you're eating out of bins. I just sometimes think that we forget how good we really have it in the UK.

I ain't gonna disagree with you that some of the tax avoidance and other bad behaviour of the super elite isn't ok. Some of the stuff I've read from the Paradise Papers leaks is despicable. But it's predictable. The mega rich have always been expert at protecting their wealth. The only difference now with everything being online, is that is much harder to keep it secret these days.
        Last edited by Tarbie; 10-11-2017, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
          whats #### about my post ? As you say,, You have worked hard ,and have worked yourself up to be an employer . Surely thats exactly what i said , in our day we worked hard ,and we stood a decent chance to amount to something . Be that ., working hard ,running a business ,employing loads of people , living in a massive detached house in Chiswick or working hard and providing for your family , and living on Wormholt estate . Being a real man and providing , surely thats what its all about .
          We had the opportunity to better our selves in a way that young people from working class families dont ,these days.
          Make that the truest post on this one Vespa ,there are kids are leaving school these days to be become J.A.Ms as you said no hope of getting on the housing ladder sky high rent struggling to just keep their heads above water living day to day ! Yep they have great incentives don't they
          Last edited by dogsrrs; 10-11-2017, 01:12 PM.

Comment

We have a food bank near me and I have yet to see anyone going in who looks as though they are needy or hungry and the whole idea of them exists in my opinion to fuel the egos of do gooders

One couple I know personally who use freely admit they cannot believe how gullible the system is

Comment

This is all about FFP. The more the club does in the community the worse it looks on the Football League giving us a massive fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                This is all about FFP. The more the club does in the community the worse it looks on the Football League giving us a massive fine.
                Is that just a hunch mate, or do you know something?

I'd not even considered that might be the reason behind any community work that the club does. I'd just assumed that Fernandes is a decent fella, and likes to give something back to the community.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                  We have a food bank near me and I have yet to see anyone going in who looks as though they are needy or hungry and the whole idea of them exists in my opinion to fuel the egos of do gooders

One couple I know personally who use freely admit they cannot believe how gullible the system is
                  This was the point I was trying to make mate.

I'm all for helping those that are genuinely in need. I think any forward thinking, affluent society should take care of those in need, such as the sick, elderly, disabled and those below the breadline. Unfortunately however, I do think the systems in place to help these people are often open to being taken advantage of.

I honestly find the figure quoted on this thread of 3m people in the UK being reliant on food banks is incredibly hard to believe.

Comment

Alot of assumptions being made based on empirical evidence

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

I'm all for helping those that are genuinely in need. I think any forward thinking, affluent society should take care of those in need, such as the sick, elderly, disabled and those below the breadline. Unfortunately however, I do think the systems in place to help these people are often open to being taken advantage of.
                      Can't imagine anyone disagrees. But how do you sort the genuinely needy from the "pretenders"?

#meanstesting
                      #bigbrother
                      #humanrights

Difficult to draw a line between two undesirable extremes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                        I stand by every word. Works both ways.

Day called.
                        all you have done is mug yourself off , poking your nose into my life , judging me because i've a typical lazy teenager , a real man would have looked back on his insults toward me and my family and said sorry
                        Last edited by 72bus; 10-11-2017, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          all you have done is mug yourself off , poking your nose into my life , judging me because i've a typical lazy teenager , a real man would have looked back on his insults toward me and my family and said sorry
                          Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                            Can't imagine anyone disagrees. But how do you sort the genuinely needy from the "pretenders"?

#meanstesting
                            #bigbrother
                            #humanrights

Difficult to draw a line between two undesirable extremes.
                            Very true mate!

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                              kids born in the 80's and 90's are now known as the snowflake generation, my stepson refuses to work , plays ps4 all day , he's a eating machine , drinks gallons of milk and ponces off his girlfriend . shouts if you ask him to lift a finger round the house . he's 18 laughs if you ask him for rent . he says mum earns enough she's not having money off me , i've tried telling him to man up have some pride find a job and pay his way , there are plenty of jobs out there if you want one we've bred kids that think the world owes them a living , as for foodbanks i'm sure you have to have a letter from your GP , social worker or CPN before they give you any food , any ideas on how to get rid of the man/boy will be gladly received
                              Well done for your sweeping generalisation about my generation...

As for getting rid of him. NExt time he goes out, sell his playstation and tv and buy him a suit and tell him to go and get a job. Can buy a playstation with his first pay cheque if he really wants one that bad
                              My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                                I can see where you are coming from but don't agree youngsters today have it harder.

Couple of recent examples I have seen. Have had landscapers in last couple of weeks. One of the guys was a young apprentice. He was first in, 7.30 am every day, and worked his socks off, was interested, had something about him. Boss of company complete twart, treats his staff like garbage. This kid once he finishes setting up on his own. I have very little doubt he will do well in life. Reason for that is he has that bit of spark, he will make things happen for himself.

Example 2 was someone we had in temporarily at work. Her cossetted daughter just started university and moved away. After two days 'mummy, mummy I hate it, I can't cope.' Mummy 'come home dear, we will go shopping, you don't have to stay there.' Academically bright but unlike youngster above soft as anything and not equipped for real world.

While I'm at it example 3. Having lunch with one of my clients a few weeks ago who owns restaurants asked him what impact Brexit would have on him staff wise. He said disastrous. Foreign staff (with exceptions) work hard, reliable and don't cause any issues. English most of them don't even apply but those he has employed mainly no work ethic, always off sick and unreliable. In our day we took whatever job we could get, worked two if need be, and grafted. We accepted we couldn't have the most recent gadgets, couldn't afford to move straight into a nice house, have a new car etc. We took responsibility basically. People moan about immigrants but we have handed it to them on a plate with how insipid a lot of current generation are.

I've done nothing special. I don't live in some mansion etc. Some of my employees take home more than me. But I have started at the bottom and grafted and made things happen. I just don't see that drive in a lot of younger people these days. Yes house prices are prohibitively high in some areas but that is not be all and end all of everything. Maybe some need to accept they will have to live in another area or start off in some crumby flat. I wouldn't be able to afford London for instance if I wanted to live there.

Comment

Working...
                                X