X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media

When are the media going to be brought to account

For the continuous #### stiring scare mongering blowing issues
    out of proportion and generally doing damage to the country.

I am fed up to the back teeth with it,whether it be the papers
    the tv news especially the BBC.

They are bang out of order and need to be cut down to size

Rant over

Good question Bill. I suppose the best answer is that we need to stop paying attention to them and find alternative news sources. This is happening at an ever-increasing rate. I reckon their days of manipulating the public mood could be numbered. I hope so. They really do stir the shiite.

Comment

Sometimes the messengers really do need shooting. I guess we should be grateful that we at least live in a country where the media can be made accountable for mistakes and falsehoods....unlike certain other countries! That's no reason for complacency though.

Comment

as soon as Brexit is mentioned I turn over
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
          This'll get your blood boiling Lymes! https://order-order.com/2017/11/02/b...despitebrexit/

Comment

Oh dear the conspiracy brigade try to put forward their views. I feel rather sorry for these people, their attempt at the truth depends on you being persuaded by a particularly nuanced take on political matters that explains why events that occur are all as a result of a designated course of affairs. Where as we all know in the world we live in is a total lottery, the circumstances of political life is a cross fingers and hope for the best!

Comment

Originally posted by easthertsr View Post
              Oh dear the conspiracy brigade try to put forward their views. I feel rather sorry for these people, their attempt at the truth depends on you being persuaded by a particularly nuanced take on political matters that explains why events that occur are all as a result of a designated course of affairs. Where as we all know in the world we live in is a total lottery, the circumstances of political life is a cross fingers and hope for the best!
              Sorry can you clarify your post for me "the conspiracy brigade"who are you refering to

Comment

Surely for #### stirring and especially scare mongering the Daily Fail is second to none?

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                  dont bother to listen to LBC mate. thats all they are ever on about.

that and promoting LGBT in schools and nurserys
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

If Brexit doesn't happen there should be riots in the UK to outdo any that have gone before. Only thing is that would never happen because the great unwashed, the liberal left, the left wing left, the right wing activists and the entire conspiracy theorist population of GB&I would be protesting about the riots opposing the genuine nature of the riots - namely the death of democracy in our once great democracy
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                      If Brexit doesn't happen there should be riots in the UK to outdo any that have gone before. Only thing is that would never happen because the great unwashed, the liberal left, the left wing left, the right wing activists and the entire conspiracy theorist population of GB&I would be protesting about the riots opposing the genuine nature of the riots - namely the death of democracy in our once great democracy
                      Democracy is dead whichever side you are on. If another referendum is not held, where there is a very strong possibility that the decision would be reversed the 'unwashed left' could quite rightfully point out that democracy died when the original referendum was held as democracy is ongoing and not something you can put a full stop on because something went your way especially with such a close margin.

Lets face it before the referendum was held a lot more information should have been put forward, a clearer outline as to what path would be taken (hard brexit/soft brexit, and what that would involve), the whole thing was a shambles. People voting for reasons totally unrelated because of what the media or certain campaigners had told them.

The wrongs and rights appear to be subjective to which side of the fence you are viewing them from.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                        Democracy is dead whichever side you are on. If another referendum is not held, where there is a very strong possibility that the decision would be reversed the 'unwashed left' could quite rightfully point out that democracy died when the original referendum was held as democracy is ongoing and not something you can put a full stop on because something went your way especially with such a close margin.

Lets face it before the referendum was held a lot more information should have been put forward, a clearer outline as to what path would be taken (hard brexit/soft brexit, and what that would involve), the whole thing was a shambles. People voting for reasons totally unrelated because of what the media or certain campaigners had told them.

The wrongs and rights appear to be subjective to which side of the fence you are viewing them from.
                        Ever considered democracy is being diluted due to views such as yours? Do you think for one minute that if the result was 52/48 to remain, that we would have still had whingers banging on about it today and calling for a second referendum?

The vote was quite a simple matter of wether you wanted us to remain a part of the EU or not. Neither side of the argument could categorically or accurately predict what the future held, so it was simply down to if we wanted to rule ourselves or be ruled by others.

There is no such thing as a hard or soft Brexit, we are just leaving. They were phrases dreamt up by the pathetic wet liberals who weren't getting their way.

I hope that every effort possible is made to highlight every single MP who votes against a smooth transition of the withdrawal bill through parliament. The utter stupidity of those still attempting to disrupt the process is beyond belief.

If the day after the referendum, all our MP's showed a bit of decency and backbone and pledged their full support to honour the democratic will of the people, then we would be much further down the road to achieving a better outcome for the UK.
                        All the whingeing, moaning, bleating and protesting will achieve nothing other than feed the EU the false hope that they are likely to get us to stay or leave on their terms. Ant that isn't going to happen.

Comment

When i voted i didnt see 'Soft' or 'Hard' Leave.
                          Would of deffo voted 'Hard' if i had of though.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            Ever considered democracy is being diluted due to views such as yours? Do you think for one minute that if the result was 52/48 to remain, that we would have still had whingers banging on about it today and calling for a second referendum?

The vote was quite a simple matter of wether you wanted us to remain a part of the EU or not. Neither side of the argument could categorically or accurately predict what the future held, so it was simply down to if we wanted to rule ourselves or be ruled by others.

There is no such thing as a hard or soft Brexit, we are just leaving. They were phrases dreamt up by the pathetic wet liberals who weren't getting their way.

I hope that every effort possible is made to highlight every single MP who votes against a smooth transition of the withdrawal bill through parliament. The utter stupidity of those still attempting to disrupt the process is beyond belief.

If the day after the referendum, all our MP's showed a bit of decency and backbone and pledged their full support to honour the democratic will of the people, then we would be much further down the road to achieving a better outcome for the UK.
                            All the whingeing, moaning, bleating and protesting will achieve nothing other than feed the EU the false hope that they are likely to get us to stay or leave on their terms. Ant that isn't going to happen.
                            Word for word, pretty much the response I would have given Brights, so thanks for saving me the effort
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Do I think for a minute that people would have let it go if the vote had been the other way round? Farage called for a second referendum before the result was in!! So yes.

Whilst you are correct that there was no way of mapping out an exact exit strategy it isn't a simple matter of in or out, ruling ourselves or not, (I won't get into a whole MEP and right to veto conversation) well it certainly shouldn't be! For a lot it was about immigration and boarder control, some about trade tariffs, the list goes on... and there was no level of transparency of what the aim was, or is, or the likely outcomes. I'm very doubtful that a proportion of leave voters were aware of the level of financial impact that is already in part coming to pass with the increase in food costs for one which is undeniable.

What some MP's and judges (and have been called by the press as traitors) have attempted to do is to ensure that due diligence is followed and the British legal system is not breached, surely that is a good thing? Some have questions about the way things are/aren't progressing hoping to ensure the best possible outcome as they see it, but as soon as someone raises a question they always seem to get fired down, called traitors and dismissed. In my opinion standing up for what you believe is in the best interest is having a backbone rather than just ignoring your concerns. Yes there will be some self serving MP's trying to use this situation to enhance their career but that is on both sides of the equation and Boris being top of the list!

'All the whingeing, moaning, bleating and protesting will achieve nothing other than feed the EU the false hope that they are likely to get us to stay or leave on their terms. Ant that isn't going to happen.'

That's just nonsense it will have no effect whatsoever, the EU will do what it can to negotiate the best outcome for it's member states whatever the situation, for me that just comes across as a 'if things don't go well we can blame those remoaners for bringing our country down' get out clause.

From researching and listening to experts in areas, especially that of economics I can only see this as a financial disaster which will see the vast majority significantly worse off, this is likely to extend to making our children's generation poorer as well. For me the ruling ourselves thing is of no consequence I can't think of rules or legislation the EU has brought in that negatively impacts me, my family or my community, where as I'm quite keen on the working time directive for one. It makes no difference to me if the people making the decisions are people I don't know in Brussels or people I don't know in London, I'M NOT SAYING I'M RIGHT!!! However that is the research that led me to make my decision, I accept people will have different views and have different reasons for why they voted the way they did, some I can totally understand, some less so.

Last thing I really don't get is your stance on democracy, say for instance a second referendum was held and the vote was to remain surely that is as you put it the will of the people but would you accept that? Then yes this could go back and forth for years I totally accept that can't happen, and is why my opinion was that more definitive guidelines including a more conclusive margin was required and as previously mentioned a more transparent set of goals and potential outcomes given.

Comment

Working...
                              X