All to do with system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All to do with system.

I believe that there is not much wrong with the team, apart from missing a good striker and getting Hall back in the side. However, results at home and away leave a lot of questions not answered. Ollie is right in playing an offensive game when at home, with wing-backs, pressing high and all. However, this system cannot be played away from home. We do not have the abundance of talent to play that way when away. Sometimes, even the big clubs play differently when playing away. The best way to play in this case is to close the opponents in our half and counter with energy and fast as we could. The example I am trying to make is the game we played and won against Reading last season. We defended brilliantly and counter-attacked with such intensity. And avoid stupid mistakes, while stay concentrated. We are all experts after a defeat....I know some will say. But it is the way I see it. And I believe, it is the way it should be.

Wollie thinks otherwise

Comment

Totally agree. With the right system feel we could scrape top ten. Yes we have weaknesses but overall not a bad squad.

Comment

Due to the average standard of the league this year I genuinely believe with a Austin type centre forward and 2 decent full backs a top 6 place is not beyond us. But our away form is the issue which comes down to formation and tactics or lack of them given out.

Comment

Redknapp in the premier wrote off away games very bizarre

Comment

play the same way home and away , get at teams , close down early and attack

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              It’s not working away

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Redknapp in the premier wrote off away games very bizarre
                Yes, 'bonus games' he called them I think.

Comment

Yes....and get nothing from games.

Comment

At home on our smaller pitch it works but away it doesn’t plus the others sides are more confident at home.

So we have to try different things and set up according the the oppo when away.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                      Yes....and get nothing from games.
                      so what our your suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                        At home on our smaller pitch it works but away it doesn’t plus the others sides are more confident at home.

So we have to try different things and set up according the the oppo when away.
                        Home teams are expected to attack generally, so set up for counter attacks, have we the players to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                          Home teams are expected to attack generally, so set up for counter attacks, have we the players to do it?
                          I think we have if you play with wingers out wide, pace and change formation but he’s currently unwilling to consider that.

Perhaps management team see something in our performances away from home that fans are not but the tactics to date are not bearing fruits

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            I think we have if you play with wingers out wide, pace and change formation but he’s currently unwilling to consider that.

Perhaps management team see something in our performances away from home that fans are not but the tactics to date are not bearing fruits
                            No they are not at the moment but we have been very close on a number of occasions this season. Not being able to hold onto leads when we get ahead and late missed chances for instance.

Comment

That’s what the OP has just suggested as being the problem.

so what our your suggestions
                              Change tactics? LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X