Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poor away form and a new assistant coach needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor away form and a new assistant coach needed?

Only Birmingham have taken less away points than us (just the one point). Poor away points return is usually a pretty good indicator of a below average (for the division) side, or a manager who is unsound tactically, or a mixture of both. In contrast to say Hughes and Redknapp both of whom I detest, I love Olly as much as I love Warnock, and Ian has done a reasonable-ish job with very limited resources but I think we need a new assistant. What does Bircham bring to the table? A ham and cheese sandwich?

Bircham is a fan like the rest of us who is lucky to be at the club he loves. So all he brings to the table is his love of the club and not much more. Thought when Holloway arrived he needed a decent number 2 and nothing upto now has made me think differently.

Comment

We discussed this on way back to station yesterday

Ollie and Bircham are very similar in personality so would not be surprised if they tread on each other’s toes. Both friendly and loveable who no doubt are good at putting arm round shoulder of player (not in sleazy Westminster way) but who is giving out the #######ings who is the enforcer of what needs doing.

Good double act usually has good sweet and sour mix were bit to sweet for my liking

Comment

If you are questioning assistant should question manager who is more culpable of two. 15 away games without a win is gradually edging towards equivalent of whole season which is quite pathetic let alone with the benefit of an ok squad.

Comment

Bircham walked into the job just cos hes a fan like the rest of us?
          Well i want a coach whos done his badges and not just a fan if im totally honest.

Comment

Kevin was Bircham the best available at the time of his appointment? Also his last stint as Holloway's number 2 was not what you would call successful.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
              Kevin was Bircham the best available at the time of his appointment?
              Obviously not, but isn't it the norm that managers usually pick assistants they've previously worked with are are used to?

Comment

Wish whoever it is would stop with the wing back s hit. Play two strikers and two full backs and a winger in 442.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  Wish whoever it is would stop with the wing back s hit. Play two strikers and two full backs and a winger in 442.
                  #NotTrendyEnough
                  #TooOldFashioned
                  #FootballsASimpleGame
                  #ItsHowEnglandWonTheWorldCup!

Comment

...just to add, wing-backs are all very well if you actually possess any in your squad!

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                      Bircham is a fan like the rest of us who is lucky to be at the club he loves. So all he brings to the table is his love of the club and not much more. Thought when Holloway arrived he needed a decent number 2 and nothing upto now has made me think differently.
                      apparantly, you need to be attending training everyday before you can express that opinion on here mate.
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Holloway is work in progress. We’ll have him right soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                          Holloway is work in progress. We’ll have him right soon.
                          I'm hoping it's not another fine mess he's gotten us into......

Comment

Like that is it Hits!! 15 away with no win and we as supporters should be fine with that?

Comment

Job share, who can we have as an away manager?

Comment

Working...
                              X