Why is telling the truth so hard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is telling the truth so hard?

Here's the truth about the Rangers, 16 games in. We are playing better as a team than we have in years. We have a solid goalie, and a midfield trio we can match with the league's best. But we need a Grant Hall in the middle; a left back that's not a total offensive dud; and strikers who have the touch and drive to score goals. We will not advance when we seem almost done after a goal is scored. We must stop pretending: our front line is, compared to league contenders, punchless. When Mackie missed the header today, like he does virtually all the time, were any of us surprised? When Connor went without a decent chance after 90 minutes, was anyone shocked? When Yeni, with 12 minutes left and an opening to goal passed backwards, well, of course he did. He has no nose for the goal. Mackie and Connor and Ngbkota have to sit; stop this coach's favorites stuff. Sylla and Smith need someone with speed and/or touch around them. Promote Shodipo; get Eze back in January; try to recruit a potential scorer on loan in the window. Like many of you, I believe we are starting to head down a better path. But the reliance on those who've never come through for us on any consistent basis has got to stop. Assume they are decent in practice, but at game time they just don't have it.

"Why is telling the truth so hard?"

You might get banged up?

Comment

I just think Olly is a visionary and he's deploying that "false no.9" tactic that us Neanderthal fans can't aren't equipped to understand. It's a bit rich to debunk his approach just because our front line failed to muster a shot on target today.... we have to consider the bigger picture that Olly has in his head and have faith.

Comment

I travelled today expecting to lose but hoping we'd have enough in us for a point. I don't mind losing but I do expect a half decent performance and a bit of fight, like the way we beat Sheffield United. Instead, today was a reality check for all those who thought we'd turned a corner. We were second best in midfield, our defence was torn to pieces and we had nothing up front. We were beaten by a team which had three things we don't have - pace, movement and finishing. Clearly, Forest don't play like they did today every week, or they would be well up there, but all too often we do. Six points in a week didn't seem to have any positive effect on the team - didn't look like the same players. At least we had a laugh at the guy who turned up at Hooters in a white vest and orange pants. Quality mate, hope you won some money off your pals.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          I just think Olly is a visionary and he's deploying that "false no.9" tactic that us Neanderthal fans can't aren't equipped to understand. It's a bit rich to debunk his approach just because our front line failed to muster a shot on target today.... we have to consider the bigger picture that Olly has in his head and have faith.
          This. I thought I was the only one who understood.

Comment

Good op

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              you could make a living out of this if you wanted could see you on the channel Dave

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                Lmfao.
                Brilliant furtive 😂
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                X