Fernandes fesses up......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernandes fesses up......

“I’m such an accessible person it was so easy to get hold of me. I was probably easy prey, new meat. I’m not going to pretend I didn’t I make mistakes.”

Persuaded by agents to sign the past-it and the has-been on vast wages, hiring (and firing) managers in quick succession, ending up with a wage bill at more than twice the annual turnover, in the process accruing a record fine for breaching financial fair play regulations: Fernandes’s mistakes were not insubstantial. And that is without mentioning the two relegations from the Premier League under his watch.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...nally-getting/

I don't care, he's a nice guy, just what this club needs.

Comment

Good read. Thanks for posting 77.
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

None of that is news though is it? Everyone knew all that already.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
          Good read. Thanks for posting 77.
          You can read the full article at post 282 on the Messages from the Chairman thread
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
            You can read the full article at post 282 on the Messages from the Chairman thread
            Gotta be up early to beat Stanley to anything......

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Gotta be up early to beat Stanley to anything......
              Yeah, I think it has something to do with insomnia
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

It's really hard not to like the guy when he says stuff like this:

"
                And yet, never mind the almost continuous attempts to part him from his money, Fernandes says he loves being in charge at QPR. The word he uses is addicted.

“Yup, I’m an addict,” he says. “Not so much to football as QPR. I was invited by my friend Roberto Carlos to go to Wembley for Spurs against Madrid and I said, sorry Robbie really I’m not interested. I went to the Champions League final when Chelsea beat Bayern and the Chelsea songs drove me mad. I’d rather watch QPR’s Under-18s than the World Cup final. I live near Loftus Road, walk to the ground on matchdays, and there’s nothing I enjoy more afterwards than going to the pub on Shepherd’s Bush Green and having a pint with the fans. I’m a one-woman man: I only love QPR.”

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  “I’m such an accessible person it was so easy to get hold of me. I was probably easy prey, new meat. I’m not going to pretend I didn’t I make mistakes.”

Persuaded by agents to sign the past-it and the has-been on vast wages, hiring (and firing) managers in quick succession, ending up with a wage bill at more than twice the annual turnover, in the process accruing a record fine for breaching financial fair play regulations: Fernandes’s mistakes were not insubstantial. And that is without mentioning the two relegations from the Premier League under his watch.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...nally-getting/

ahhh poor old uncle. those horrible football men took advantage of our poor old bungle.

there there, #justwhatthedoctorordered
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Good read 77
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

" he insists he did not get into English football in order to promote Air Asia"

if he actually said that, then he is a liar.

i remember him vividly in one of his first statements say that he wants qpr to be his "advertising veichle" for air asia.

Comment

article from 2011

Fernandes, in an interview with the Guardian, was not all soft soap, however. He made no secret that he was motivated to buy QPR for £45m not only for the love of football, but as a sponsorship, marketing vehicle for AirAsia, where he remains a significant shareholder, and Malaysian Airlines, in which he and a partner more recently bought a 20% stake.

"Many people do not realise the power of sport to market a brand," said Fernandes, whose Lotus Formula One team is sponsored by AirAsia, which also sponsored last year's British Grand Prix and, for a time, Manchester United. "You can spend £40m on advertising and have nothing like the same effect. Around the world, everybody watches Premier League football."

https://www.theguardian.com/football...tony-fernandes

Comment

Whatever the motive, he has been a lamb to the slaughter both at F1 and now here. Bernie and Max weren't the last to bend him over, sadly.......

He can not have intended to see such spectacular losses, but like I said when he arrived success in business and success in sport - especially football - are not the same thing, and Uncle is one example among many who have found themselves taking it where the sun just wont shine. Harry got that bit right. Agents all over the world saw him coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                            " he insists he did not get into English football in order to promote Air Asia"

if he actually said that, then he is a liar.

i remember him vividly in one of his first statements say that he wants qpr to be his "advertising veichle" for air asia.
                            tbh i don't care why someone buys us as long as they do a good job, i think tony has grown to care about the club though or he at least comes across that way. we're still about 10 years away from being a secure club on the up though assuminh things go according to plan imo

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                              article from 2011

Fernandes, in an interview with the Guardian, was not all soft soap, however. He made no secret that he was motivated to buy QPR for £45m not only for the love of football, but as a sponsorship, marketing vehicle for AirAsia, where he remains a significant shareholder, and Malaysian Airlines, in which he and a partner more recently bought a 20% stake.

"Many people do not realise the power of sport to market a brand," said Fernandes, whose Lotus Formula One team is sponsored by AirAsia, which also sponsored last year's British Grand Prix and, for a time, Manchester United. "You can spend £40m on advertising and have nothing like the same effect. Around the world, everybody watches Premier League football."

https://www.theguardian.com/football...tony-fernandes
                              But that isn't saying that is the reason he bought us is he? Simply stating what we all know; because he owns QPR, it has been great advertising?
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                              X