Nedum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by corbray View Post
    i agree. ned is hit and miss for me, sometimes he has some real solid games for us and looks like a prem level defender except those games are few and far between. most of the time he makes ridiculous schoolboy errors and constantly looks nervous. his and perch's (even though perch was looking great at the back) injuries have been blessing in disguises for us no doubt in my mind. 2 of our cb positions rightfully belong to baptiste and robinson imo, both have been utterly spectacular at the back and real game savers at times. yesterday was a fine example of how crucial they both are, they cut out most of sheffs attacks and were a joy to watch.

i actually have a lot of confidence in our defence with them playing. i hope neither of them get dropped in favour of ned when he comes back as they're both crucial to the side.
    blimey robinson is good as a cb though, looks a natural in the role and keeps getting better and better, touch wood he keeps fit!

I agree that his injury has enabled Ollie to stumble into selecting Baptiste and Robinson as a CB pairing.

It reminds me of the 1990 world cup when Robson (injured) and Wilkins (suspended) meant that Bobby Robson had to select Reid and Hoddle in midfield and England made progress after beating Poland, having lost and drawn the 1st 2 games.

But you can just picture it now, when Onuoha is fit again he will be selected to play as soon as the defence has 1 poor game.

Comment

Seem to remember his contract is up at the end of the season.As one of our top earners will he be given a new contract?

Comment

holloway will have him in as soon as he's fit that's nailed on , personally would like him on bench and then sold as soon as . seems like a nice fella but he's an accident waiting to happen

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
          Seem to remember his contract is up at the end of the season.As one of our top earners will he be given a new contract?
          Yeah, pretty sure his deal is up end of this season.

Personally, I don't think he's a captain. Maybe give that to 1 of Scowen or Luongo (if we can hang onto him). I'd offer Nedum another 2 years on Championship money, with no guarantees of first team football, and see if he goes for it. Doubt he will because we have been overpaying him for years, but the reality is, that is all he is worth. Same situation as Hoilett a year or so back!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            To be fair, Sky Sports agree with you there: "Nedum Onuoha has made two errors leading to a goal so far this season - Only Sheffield Wednesday's Keiren Westwood has made more (3)."
            Talking about errors leading to goals,the home game against Liverpool in 2014/15 had 3 own goals in it.

https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/501218

Comment

One things for sure, there's no way he should be walking straight back into the starting 11, especially after how good our defence has been in the last 4 games.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

We are is the only opinion on here that matters when it comes to football.

#PlayedLeague2BeforeHisKneeInjury

Comment

Didn't take long, the witch hunt is bubbling along nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                    One things for sure, there's no way he should be walking straight back into the starting 11, especially after how good our defence has been in the last 4 games.
                    This.....with bells on!

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                      How does a simple discussion about who our best centre backs are, and whether a player out of contract should be renew get construed as a witch hunt? Are we meant to blindly praise all players playing for the team and disregard our opinions and observations?

Comment

Robinson needs to be first name on the team sheet.
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

How's it a witch hunt? It's simply a case of not believing any of our defence should be dropped after performing well in recent games. You're mad if you reckon anyone deserves dropping for Ned.
                          As for the captaincy, imo Luongo is more than capable.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

So you think once he is fit Robinson or Baptiste should be dropped? You think he deserves to earn more than the other CBs combine?
                            Last edited by davieqpr; 02-11-2017, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Enjoying that people are getting angry about something that hasn't even happened yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                                To be fair, Sky Sports agree with you there: "Nedum Onuoha has made two errors leading to a goal so far this season - Only Sheffield Wednesday's Keiren Westwood has made more (3)."
                                As we've conceded 18 goals, I presume Mr Nobody is responsible for the other 16.
                                Last edited by Olly; 02-11-2017, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X