Nedum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nedum

Now as many will know, I am not his biggest fan and yet he does seem popular with quite a few posters on this board. Now I don't wish injuries on any player but I really think its come as a real blessing. For one Holloway wouldn't of dropped him and Robinson wouldn't of got his chance that he's relishing. I really think Ned's been holding us back because without the leaking ship our midfielders can focus on more important things in the opponents half.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    I really think Ned's been holding us back because without the leaking ship our midfielders can focus on more important things in the opponents half.
    To be fair, Sky Sports agree with you there: "Nedum Onuoha has made two errors leading to a goal so far this season - Only Sheffield Wednesday's Keiren Westwood has made more (3)."

Comment

i agree. ned is hit and miss for me, sometimes he has some real solid games for us and looks like a prem level defender except those games are few and far between. most of the time he makes ridiculous schoolboy errors and constantly looks nervous. his and perch's (even though perch was looking great at the back) injuries have been blessing in disguises for us no doubt in my mind. 2 of our cb positions rightfully belong to baptiste and robinson imo, both have been utterly spectacular at the back and real game savers at times. yesterday was a fine example of how crucial they both are, they cut out most of sheffs attacks and were a joy to watch.

i actually have a lot of confidence in our defence with them playing. i hope neither of them get dropped in favour of ned when he comes back as they're both crucial to the side.
      blimey robinson is good as a cb though, looks a natural in the role and keeps getting better and better, touch wood he keeps fit!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        To be fair, Sky Sports agree with you there: "Nedum Onuoha has made two errors leading to a goal so far this season - Only Sheffield Wednesday's Keiren Westwood has made more (3)."
        And he's a goalkeeper so Ned has both hands on that trophy

Comment

It often happens like that, a player gets injured and another steps in. Pleased with our performances without Ned and hope the coaching team don't change things too much. Always play your best team, a winning team is the best, simples
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
            It often happens like that, a player gets injured and another steps in. Pleased with our performances without Ned and hope the coaching team don't change things too much. Always play your best team, a winning team is the best, simples
            Agree with that. You'd just hope that when he's fit again, he gets picked on merit and not from the pressure of being club captain.

Comment

Agree with that. You'd just hope that when he's fit again, he gets picked on merit and not from the pressure of being club captain.
              Exactly Stan
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I think you've just hit the nail on the head Stanley. I would also go as far to say, that if he wasn't club captain he wouldn't currently be a queens park rangers player. You could confirm that if you were to assess his ability and wages.

Comment

Whomever gets fit first between him and Hally should shift into centre back and allow us to move Bidwell into wing back again imo but I wouldn't mind him getting time on the bench until there is a time where we need to make a change at the back.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Maybe we should take the chance on selling him?
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                      That's a good one!

I'm sure half the Premier League will be queuing up for him!

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        Unfortunately won't be any takers who could afford his salary or decent % of it anyway

Comment

Oh snap, nice one tarbs

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            Oh snap, nice one tarbs
                            I don't dislike Nedum as such, seems like a decent chap, works hard, and is decent 95% of the time. Unfortunately when you play at the back, the other 5% is a problem.

Rob Green was exactly the same, albeit in a different position!

Comment

Ned would barely fetch 2 bob and a rabbit, as said above the wages would scare most teams in Champions league

Comment

Working...
                              X