Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    Keep nervous well away from this team.

Doing ok without him, don't concede a lot & time for younger, better players to play, grow and progress in the first team.

Genuine question.

After a 4-0 tonking, would you keep it the same against Villa or would you change it up a bit (say if Onuha or Hall was fit)?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      Genuine question.

After a 4-0 tonking, would you keep it the same against Villa or would you change it up a bit (say if Onuha or Hall was fit)?
      If I could chime in, I wouldn't change too much. Clearly Forest was a bad day at the office, they happen.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Genuine question.

In a nutshell mate I believe it’s a tactics issue away from home, not personnel.

Comment

I personally don’t think Onoura is any better or worse than what we’ve got but the sooner he gets fit the better because we are short in that department

Comment

Ned does offer a bit of speed which we are seriously lacking in defence. It's just his switch off moments.

Comment

Well he does make a mistake most games but he invariably makes a goal saving tackle most games too so they balance out.

Luckily no one else in our defence ever puts a foot wrong, but I guess if Ned never made a mistake, he'd be playing Premiership or Champions League football and not for us, mid to lower table in the Championship.

We'll be a strnger defensive unit with Him & Hall back IMO

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                Well he does make a mistake most games but he invariably makes a goal saving tackle most games too so they balance out.

Luckily no one else in our defence ever puts a foot wrong, but I guess if Ned never made a mistake, he'd be playing Premiership or Champions League football and not for us, mid to lower table in the Championship.

We'll be a strnger defensive unit with Him & Hall back IMO
                This
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Phew, you're off the hook Ned.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                    I personally don’t think Onoura is any better or worse than what we’ve got but the sooner he gets fit the better because we are short in that department
                    Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                    Ned does offer a bit of speed which we are seriously lacking in defence. It's just his switch off moments.
                    Agree - much better to have him fit and available as an option. Baptiste's main flaw is his lack of speed, he does get beaten for pace quite often. Stanley has said his positional sense outweighs this, but I don't agree; he does get exposed and it has led to conceding goals. Of course no one's perfect and he's been fantastic for us, but we do need that pace in defence. If we could blend Ned and Baptiste together, we'd have the finished article...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                      If we could blend Ned and Baptiste together, we'd have the finished article...
                      Play them together and you could get a partnership as decent as the Onuha / Dunne partnership that got us up all those years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                        In a nutshell mate I believe it’s a tactics issue away from home, not personnel.
                        Would agree with that and what Ginge said. One bad game in a fair few doesn't need wholesale changes.

Comment

• What's the news on ned and hall when are they expected to be fit

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                            Agree - much better to have him fit and available as an option. Baptiste's main flaw is his lack of speed, he does get beaten for pace quite often. Stanley has said his positional sense outweighs this, but I don't agree; he does get exposed and it has led to conceding goals.
                            His anticipation and reading of the game does compensate for the lack of pace, but not totally, I grant you that. In a straight one on one, he'll of course get done on raw pace. Just saying his anticipation and positioning skills invariably mitigates that. V good tackler too and never plays risky passes.

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                            Of course no one's perfect and he's been fantastic for us, but we do need that pace in defence. If we could blend Ned and Baptiste together, we'd have the finished article...
                            Stem cell treatments will soon make this kind of thing a reality

Comment

Working...
                            X