QPR plot January swoop for Motherwell star Louis Moult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    He can play c/f according to reports when we signed him and your post answers it's self
    Come on Tarbie our best centre half is a left back by that logic
    Don't disagree with any of that, but we still need another striker. Smith is an impact player off the bench, Washington only turns up 1 game out of 10, Ollie doesn't rate Sylla, and Mackie is a.) past it, and b.) not really a striker anyway. I have no doubts that Wheeler can do a good job playing off a centre forward, but he isn't a centre forward.

Comment

That's right Stan I and others was of the opinion the club signed him to play him as a striker seeing as we already had ample wingers , but this report that we are interested in Moult seems either tosh or Wheeler has not reached our expectations just me but we aren't in a position just to keep buying
      Few fairly big assumptions there mate. And besides, this Moult chap only has 6 or 7 months left on his contract, perhaps we are scoping him out for a free transfer in June.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        I have no doubts that Wheeler can do a good job playing off a centre forward, but he isn't a centre forward.
        What does it matter his exact position so long as he scores goals, which is what his impressive stats bear out? Seems clear he was bought primarily as a goal-scorer though, given his record, and given we're not already short of wingers but are short of goal-scorers. Bottom line is whether he's played as a winger, inside-forward, or a forward, he's a goal-scorer which is surely all that really counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          What does it matter his exact position so long as he scores goals, which is what his impressive stats bear out? Seems clear he was bought primarily as a goal-scorer though, given his record, and given we're not already short of wingers but are short of goal-scorers. Bottom line is whether he's played as a winger, inside-forward, or a forward, he's a goal-scorer which is surely all that really counts.
          Or maybe he was signed for his versatility, making him a useful guy to have on the bench?!!

Also remember, the guy has never played above League 2, and our fans are hardly known for their patience. Maybe he just needs a bit of time.

Comment

Few fairly big assumptions there mate. And besides, this Moult chap only has 6 or 7 months left on his contract, perhaps we are scoping him out for a free transfer in June.
            I'm not against signing him Tarbs just don't fully believe this report

Comment

I'm not against signing him Tarbs just don't fully believe this report
              Fair enough mate, you might be right. To me, it seems like exactly the sort of signing we would be looking at right now!

Comment

Fair enough mate, you might be right. To me, it seems like exactly the sort of signing we would be looking at right now!
                If they think they can afford to do it , yeah go for it the signings under Penrice watch do seem to be an improvement

Comment

Or maybe he was signed for his versatility, making him a useful guy to have on the bench?!!

Also remember, the guy has never played above League 2, and our fans are hardly known for their patience. Maybe he just needs a bit of time.
                  He scored 21 goals last season in League 2 (at a ratio of almost 1 in 2). Since moving to us he's started just one game in which he scored a very well taken within 2 minutes. Ever since then he's barely had a look in. Go figure. You're never going to know if he can deliver in the Championship if you don't at least give him the opportunity. Furthermore what does this do to his morale, and what does this say to prospective transfer targets when they see what happens with the likes of Wheeler? Further still, what does this say of the DoF's 'pathways' doctrine?

Don't get me wrong. This isn't me making a value-judgement on the club as there may well be perfectly valid reasons for this that us fans are simply unaware of. Just saying that superficially it appears odd and inexplicable.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    He scored 21 goals last season in League 2 (at a ratio of almost 1 in 2). Since moving to us he's started just one game in which he scored a very well taken within 2 minutes. Ever since then he's barely had a look in. Go figure. You're never going to know if he can deliver in the Championship if you don't at least give him the opportunity. Furthermore what does this do to his morale, and what does this say to prospective transfer targets when they see what happens with the likes of Wheeler? Further still, what does this say of the DoF's 'pathways' doctrine?

Don't get me wrong. This isn't me making a value-judgement on the club as there may well be perfectly valid reasons for this that us fans are simply unaware of. Just saying that superficially it appears odd and inexplicable.
                    I'd like to see him given a run of games mate, I'm 100% with you on that. All I'm saying is it is dead easy for us to sit in judgement and make assumptions, but maybe Ollie has his reasons.

I saw an interview with Jose Mourinho last season where he was talking about Henrikh Mkhitaryan. He was responding to questions as to why Mkhitaryan was hardly selected for his first 3 months. Mourinho said that he felt the player wasn't ready following his move, and he wanted to protect him from criticism. Whilst I'd never compare Ollie to Jose, or Wheeler to Mkhitaryan for that matter, perhaps the situation here is similar. The gulf from League 2 to the Championship is huge to be fair!

Comment

I'd like to see him given a run of games mate, I'm 100% with you on that. All I'm saying is it is dead easy for us to sit in judgement and make assumptions, but maybe Ollie has his reasons.

I saw an interview with Jose Mourinho last season where he was talking about Henrikh Mkhitaryan. He was responding to questions as to why Mkhitaryan was hardly selected for his first 3 months. Mourinho said that he felt the player wasn't ready following his move, and he wanted to protect him from criticism. Whilst I'd never compare Ollie to Jose, or Wheeler to Mkhitaryan for that matter, perhaps the situation here is similar. The gulf from League 2 to the Championship is huge to be fair!
                      Shame Ollie wasn't here when Gladwin and El Khayati arrived then. Both could have done with a year or two prior to getting a start.

Comment

If we did get Moult, he'd only get coated off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                          If we did get Moult, he'd only get coated off.
                          Genius

Comment

We'll be linked with anyone in the last 6 months of their contract...except the likes of Sanchez, ozil etc obviously
                            My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

A poundland sort?
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

#MoreCheapOldRubbishFromNonLeaguelikeWheeler

Comment

Working...
                                X