Clarke Carlisle today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarke Carlisle today

What a fantastic bloke had the pleasure of meeting him today and got a chance to chat about my depression he was genuinely interested and asked questions etc even got a huge hug from him after our chat with all his problems he wanted to have a chat awesome bloke

Would love the club to get him involved in some capacity

Comment

? I wouldn't wish ill of him but I'm not seeing how he deserves "special status" with the club. My recollection is he upped sticks and left pretty soon after club had stood by him for a best part of a year with his knee injury. At that point I thought he was a disgrace but obviously I've tempered that view with the subsequent revelations of his mental health issues. He's well down the pecking order of ex-players who might deserve some sort of help or ambassadorial role I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
        ? I wouldn't wish ill of him but I'm not seeing how he deserves "special status" with the club. My recollection is he upped sticks and left pretty soon after club had stood by him for a best part of a year with his knee injury. At that point I thought he was a disgrace but obviously I've tempered that view with the subsequent revelations of his mental health issues. He's well down the pecking order of ex-players who might deserve some sort of help or ambassadorial role I reckon.
        Have to say i totally agree

Comment

Yes agreed. He did well at ht though to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Would love the club to get him involved in some capacity
            Can the club afford such a thing,we already have ex players in numerous positions at the club

Comment

I was of same opinion of Clarke then listened to his 90mins interview on TS and changed mind

Don’t have to be paid role five days a week. Have him in hospitality on match days etc or representing club at certain events he’s troubles aside he’s pretty switched on and articulate

Comment

My thoughts exactly

I’ll be honest I was delighted when he was found safe recently as I’m aware of his personal problems but let’s not pretend he’s some sort of club legend

Comment

well if peter ramage is in the forever rs club then clarke carlisle should be given hero status

Comment

With regards to fighting depressions and anxiety, he is someome that especially our younger part of our fanbase of various reasons most likely can relate to. Thing is; fotballers of today are rolemodels on so many levels. Not only on the pitch and when it comes to money.
                    Last edited by Shania; 29-10-2017, 02:00 PM. Reason: dizzy.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                      Can the club afford such a thing,we already have ex players in numerous positions at the club
                      Yea and he's one that could probably do with more of a helping hand than 90% of the others.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                        well if peter ramage is in the forever rs club then clarke carlisle should be given hero status
                        Is he really? Jesus bob Malcolm and gus ceaser will be getting a call soon then

Comment

They dont get paid nothing .

Comment

Liked big Clarke and thought he spoke well yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                              Is he really? Jesus bob Malcolm and gus ceaser will be getting a call soon then
                              Can we induct Leon Clarke before the game on Tuesday?

Comment

Working...
                              X