No announcement yet.

Is our club under threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depending on the size of the fine , the clubs EFL status could well be at risk if the EFL insist on a top end fine there's no way the club can pay it , or with any new stadium plans gone and restricted to the size of it is at present with more well managed clubs moving forward and building new stadiums the club will fall futher back down the pecking order

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      Planet reality. How about you?

1) £50m is peanuts to the combined wealth of the board (should it ever come to that).
      2) We're fighting it so, at this stage, it's far from a certainty that it'll ever need to be paid.
      3) Question marks remain over how legally water-tight the fine is.

So yes, way too early and far too many variables and uncertainties to confidently say that the club's existence is presently 'under threat'.
      Beg to differ

1 That is if our board want to pay the fine.
      2 yes we are fighting it but not very well so far
      3 Well the panel have rejected our stance and found in favour of the fine so at the moment we are in a precarious posistion
      maybe not short term like this season but long term the threat is real as we still have to compete and keep our heads above the water.

Comment

I can see a long drawn out appeal which will be a reduced fine. I reckon £15M approx, possible transfer embargo.

Either way its bloody ridiculous us even being put in this position in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
          Just wish they hadn't of rebuffed the mittals offer to buy them out. Even they would have done a better job. Just goes to show that having money isn't worth sh1t if you don't know the business you're getting into.
          Mittals are not interested, never have been interested enough to buy in fully IMO.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Mittals are not interested, never have been interested enough to buy in fully IMO.
            That's not true Matty. The Mittals submitted a formal bid to buy out Tango & Cash a few months before the end of the 2010/11 season. The bid was rejected, then 3 or 4 months later Uncle Bungle showed up with his pal Phil Beard......and you know the rest!

It's pretty clear they aren't interested now. Probably because they are shrewd Indian businessmen and they know a lame duck when they see one!

Comment

god i really hope we don't have to start supporting afc qpr 1882 ....

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                god i really hope we don't have to start supporting afc qpr 1882 ....
                I actually wouldn't mind it. Clean slate and all that.

I know a fair few AFC Wimbledon fans and they are much happier with what they have now than what they had for the last 5 or 6 years following Wimbledon.

Comment

The first 3 years of Fernandes's reign could never have been sustained. Barton 14 million over the duration of his contract, 2 goalkeepers 140 odd grand a week, Samba 250 grand bonus for his first ten games and 65k a week wage and the list goes on. The rule is wrong but so was how we ended up here in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                    The first 3 years of Fernandes's reign could never have been sustained. Barton 14 million over the duration of his contract, 2 goalkeepers 140 odd grand a week, Samba 250 grand bonus for his first ten games and 65k a week wage and the list goes on. The rule is wrong but so was how we ended up here in the first place.
                    The worrying thing is that the people in charge flashed a bucket load of cash without having a business plan which any company needs regardless of size and needs to be sustainable. We fooked so much up without hesitation it's bit us on the bum now. Only when it's to late in business do people try to turn it around and that's where we are at now.

Comment

What's the point of FFP? So clubs don't go bust.

What shall we do if they spend past their means? Give them a hefty fine they can't afford.

Couldn't make up how ludicrous this whole thing is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                        Careful Bill the internet police are around
                        Not from here, it is a genuine question being asked
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                          Lol. And to think we were begging Tango and Cash to leave the club and sell up. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be in this mess if they had stuck around
                          Pretty sure flabby and knee high played there part in current mess by pulling plug prior to promotion as they wanted out

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            What's the point of FFP? So clubs don't go bust.

What shall we do if they spend past their means? Give them a hefty fine they can't afford.

Couldn't make up how ludicrous this whole thing is.
                            Its just the same as say you cant pay a few weeks council tax & then it gets passed to the high court agents so they start taking advantage when they can adding loads more costs, its all about someone taking advantage to legally mug you & make a load of money out of you when youre skint anyway! we live in a sick world.

Lets face it this isnt about financial fair play but about making money out of it!
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              That's not true Matty. The Mittals submitted a formal bid to buy out Tango & Cash a few months before the end of the 2010/11 season. The bid was rejected, then 3 or 4 months later Uncle Bungle showed up with his pal Phil Beard......and you know the rest!

It's pretty clear they aren't interested now. Probably because they are shrewd Indian businessmen and they know a lame duck when they see one!
                              Almost true Tarbie it's my belief that the Mittals had a bid accepted by tango and cash but after promotion t and c upper the asking price , so even now those two maggots have a hand in the fate of QPR

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                                Almost true Tarbie it's my belief that the Mittals had a bid accepted by tango and cash but after promotion t and c upper the asking price , so even now those two maggots have a hand in the fate of QPR
                                You see it on the 4 Year Plan. Amit is confident that the bid will be accepted, but then it isn't. I'm certain Tango and Cash did shift the goalposts. Possibly cos they had begun speaking to Fernandes, or perhaps there were other interested parties and they playing offers off against each other. Either way, it's a huge regret of mine that they never accepted the Mittals bid. Amit would have made an excellent Chairman.

Comment

Working...
                                X