No announcement yet.

Is our club under threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Hoos the man for this? I’m not so sure. This isn’t a football issue, it’s about negotiating a deal and getting closure.

Comment

Buy a new team in January, sail up the league, get promoted. Job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        I don't think the club is under threat but it's a separate question to the other thread really. Even though the OP's question is a fair one, IMO it's a groundless (excuse the pun) concern.
        A fine of 50 million that the club can't afford and has no way of paying,and you say we are not under threat, what planet you on ??

Comment

If we have no way of paying whatever they fine us theb where does that leave us?

Comment

Serious question..... What would the club be worth right now without ffp. Reason being is lets say the club would be worth what, maybe 40/50million. Then could Tf and co look to now get shot of the club and cut their losses and sell to a buyer for like £1 as long as they would be willing to take on the fine to compensate for selling the club for a proper fee. So tge new owner would still get the club for the same price as it would be worth without an ffp fine.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
              Are they trying to help clubs or put them out of business, I don't kind of it?

I thought the whole point of the FFP rules was to stop clubs from going bust, we have not or even looking like doing so.

This club has suffered enough by spending all the money and didn't get anywhere, is that not enough punishment already?

Can't they see the club has learnt it's lesson?
              Very good post ,I completely agree,we are facing a massive relegation battle with Ian Holloway in charge,surely that is punishment enough

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                Bill. We are not going to compete and under the current board it is not looking good and confirmation of the fine confirms how bad a chairman Fernandes has been.
                The most worrying thing for me is i run my own company and i would honestly be very embarrassed as the shambolic tenure under TF if and its a big if he pulls the plug were in a shite state of affairs the structure is so cocked up and pay structure must of been done via speak and spell rather than a proper spreadsheet then I'm sorry heads deserve to roll as once again the fans are the main losers as TF and co pi$$ off out of pocket and let die hard Rs fans shake buckets once more to keep us ticking over. i genuinely fear for our club at present as imo the manager aint good enough with a ok squad not good by any means but should do better, if our better players have to go to keep us going and we drop i fear for our long term future both short and long term

Comment

Lol. And to think we were begging Tango and Cash to leave the club and sell up. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be in this mess if they had stuck around

Comment

Originally posted by scuberry View Post
                    A fine of 50 million that the club can't afford and has no way of paying,and you say we are not under threat, what planet you on ??
                    Planet reality. How about you?

1) £50m is peanuts to the combined wealth of the board (should it ever come to that).
                    2) We're fighting it so, at this stage, it's far from a certainty that it'll ever need to be paid.
                    3) Question marks remain over how legally water-tight the fine is.

So yes, way too early and far too many variables and uncertainties to confidently say that the club's existence is presently 'under threat'.

Comment

Jeff never in a million years would they have us in this position. 6 #### poor years under this man needs to end now as he should never be allowed near a sports venture again first Caterham and now us this is not bad luck on his part it is poor management

Comment

might explain why we spent sod all on players that we need though our forward wouldn't score in a brothel and defensively were shocking way to often?

Comment

Just wish they hadn't of rebuffed the mittals offer to buy them out. Even they would have done a better job. Just goes to show that having money isn't worth sh1t if you don't know the business you're getting into.

Comment

Stanley. Whichever way it goes it does show this clown needs to ejected as a chairman as this is something that could harm us long term. We have over 120 plus years history and in 6 years of his ownership our club is at risk regardless of the individual wealth.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                              If and it's a big if the club has to pay anything like 40 mill upwards then the league would have to come up with a sensible repayment plan as they can't be seen to impose a fine and liquidate one of its members, the whole thing is a mess but the clubs existence under threat I would say no.
                              Zebra Finance

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                                it’s about negotiating a deal
                                not anymore it isn't....

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                                Tango and Cash
                                Better points ratio per pound spent vs Uncle. And way more fun.

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                                £50m is peanuts to the combined wealth of the board (should it ever come to that).
                                The debt will be with the club, and I'm not sure boardroom interests will be keen to take the hit. Ironically one of the key arguments in this case revolves around debt being written off to avoid FPP......

Posted this on the FPP thread, but a lot on FFP and QPR accounting can be accessed here, worth a look.

Comment

Working...
                                X