Is our club under threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
    Its a difficult situation to solve. The numbers simply don't add up. We don't have the fan base to cover running costs...If we could shift about 16k of season tickets I think we'd cover some of the running costs, even then we'd need cash for wages...

We've got to accept it's going to be very tough for the next few seasons ��
    Keep focusing on the youth system and sourcing good young players up from lower leagues is the answer. You see the money good young English players are going for these days. In order to bridge the gap between operating costs and revenues, we need to regularly be finding or bringing through players like Manning or Bowler. A couple of them a season makes a big difference. You never know, me might unearth another Raheem Sterling, and what a huge difference that would make.

The ultimate example of this philosophy is Southampton. Let's not forget that less than a decade ago they went all the way down to League 1. Yes they've had investment to help them back up to the Prem, but they also had an unbelievable youth policy that has unearthed scores of great players, many of whom have sold for big money.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      How on earth have Brentford competed in this division and grown in the process on smaller gates and revenue.
      Because they have sold players for decent prices Hogan, Jota,Tarkowski etc

Comment

IF we`re fined and IF we canīt pay the fine....what will happen to the club and the clubs assets (LR, the to-be flats at Old Oak Common Lane...)? IF we bust who will own these assets after the fine has been payed?

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
          IF we`re fined and IF we canīt pay the fine....what will happen to the club and the clubs assets (LR, the to-be flats at Old Oak Common Lane...)? IF we bust who will own these assets after the fine has been payed?
          It won't happen, Ted's stormtroopers will turn up at FL headquarters.

Comment

I'm sure uncle will step in, pay qpr holdings Ltd the money for the stadium and flats. He will then rent the stadium back to the club and the money that qpr holdings gets will pay the fine.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Sale and lease back with major shareholders, thus avoiding administration?

That's if there is a fine and the owners are not permitted to simply inject more capital without setting FFP off all over again.

Comment

Beat me to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                  I'm sure uncle will step in, pay qpr holdings Ltd the money for the stadium and flats. He will then rent the stadium back to the club and the money that qpr holdings gets will pay the fine.
                  Isn't that a separate independent company from QPR football club
                  If so then the board already own the ground

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                    Isn't that a separate independent company from QPR football club
                    If so then the board already own the ground
                    Not really, Holdings is a separate "person" in law. It owns the ground, I assume. The shareholders own most of Holdings, I believe there are some minority shareholders, but they do not own the assets of Holdings. The "deeds" to the ground, I would imagine are in the name of Holdings.

Does anyone agree?

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                      Not really, Holdings is a separate "person" in law. It owns the ground, I assume. The shareholders own most of Holdings, I believe there are some minority shareholders, but they do not own the assets of Holdings. The "deeds" to the ground, I would imagine are in the name of Holdings.

Does anyone agree?
                      Good grief Buddie give that in English please

Comment

I'll give it a go.

The important thing to take on board is that under law, a company is independent from its shareholders. They own the company, but they do not own the assets of the company, also, the company is largely free to trade and enter into contracts in its own right. The shareholders are not party to such contracts.

Think BP. It has shareholders, but it owns rigs, refineries etc.

Also, think about the club. As far as I'm aware, it too is a company, and owns the players.? They are not owned by Holdings or Tony & Co. And it's the same with the ground although that may be owned by yet another company!

Hope that helps a little.

Comment

Working...
                        X