FFP latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
    Money has ruined the game, give me back the days of any club realistically getting to the top flight. Now we have leagues within leagues, it stinks at all levels, Fifa, Uefa the PL and EFL are all to blame.
    Greed, foreign involvement and Sky
    Couldnt agree more hertford, used to even love watching the european cup as it was called along with the fa cup & league cup even, but theyve wrecked everything that was great about the game, even the footballs arent proper leather or the old mita balls any more but pathetic light things that blow away in the wind, even the football kits are rubbish now compared to how they used to be.
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Money has ruined the game, give me back the days of any club realistically getting to the top flight. Now we have leagues within leagues, it stinks at all levels, Fifa, Uefa the PL and EFL are all to blame.
      Huddersfield, Brighton, Bournemouth, small clubs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
        Couldnt agree more hertford, used to even love watching the european cup as it was called along with the fa cup & league cup even, but theyve wrecked everything that was great about the game, even the footballs arent proper leather or the old mita balls any more but pathetic light things that blow away in the wind, even the football kits are rubbish now compared to how they used to be.
        Can't have the leather ball because of potential brain damage

Comment

• Originally posted by Olly View Post
          Can't have the leather ball because of potential brain damage

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
            I think this is well worth a listen. Clearly LH is hampered by what he can say on the actual case but he re-iterates the direction the club is going in and I think it brings a bit of perspective.

https://soundcloud.com/west-twelve-m...ncial-fair-pod
            Summary of the CEO's interview here:

What is the worst case scenario?

“The worst case scenario is we'd be liable to pay the full fine – that is the worst case scenario. The first step is we're disappointed with the decision and we will be appealing.”

Will there be changes in the club?

“I don't think you'll see changes as we started down the road ages ago. We're heading in the right direction.”

Will QPR face a transfer embargo?

“It's not part of the rules and that's for a club that didn't get promoted. I don't see, from a rules perspective, that as being relevant.”

What will QPR be doing in January?

“We'll reinvest the money in young players and that's the future of the club. People were saying we're always about bringing players through.

“Some of the same people, recently, are saying we need a goalscorer in January but they cost an awful lot of money. That is not the business plan.

“We are not going to spend a ton of dosh as we got in trouble before. We can't spend 10s of millions on a proven goalscorer but what we can do is develop or look at the bargains. I'm looking at the likes of Eze and Paul Ryan.”

Will the training ground still be a priority?

“In terms of going forward, we're focused on getting the training ground over the line. We're looking to stay the course. You're not going to produce players if you don't have the right players.”

How does this affect Tony Fernandes' commitment to the club?

“I don't think there is any worry about the owners heading to the exit door.”

Where would the money go to?

“The way the rules are set up then that money would go to charities.”

Will a fine impact current FFP rules?

“There's a balance sheet and profit/loss. Because your balance sheet is out of whack, it doesn't mean your FFP sheet is out of whack.”

What about Ian Holloway's future?

“We have no idea why that story came out about Ollie's job being under pressure. We've not said that.

“It's not the remotest possibility of that happening. I hate to use the expression as I despise the man it's associated with but it's fake news.”

Full article: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...s-out-13808992

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              Summary of the CEO's interview here:

What is the worst case scenario?

“The worst case scenario is we'd be liable to pay the full fine – that is the worst case scenario. The first step is we're disappointed with the decision and we will be appealing.”

Will there be changes in the club?

“I don't think you'll see changes as we started down the road ages ago. We're heading in the right direction.”

Will QPR face a transfer embargo?

“It's not part of the rules and that's for a club that didn't get promoted. I don't see, from a rules perspective, that as being relevant.”

What will QPR be doing in January?

“We'll reinvest the money in young players and that's the future of the club. People were saying we're always about bringing players through.

“Some of the same people, recently, are saying we need a goalscorer in January but they cost an awful lot of money. That is not the business plan.

“We are not going to spend a ton of dosh as we got in trouble before. We can't spend 10s of millions on a proven goalscorer but what we can do is develop or look at the bargains. I'm looking at the likes of Eze and Paul Ryan.”

Will the training ground still be a priority?

“In terms of going forward, we're focused on getting the training ground over the line. We're looking to stay the course. You're not going to produce players if you don't have the right players.”

How does this affect Tony Fernandes' commitment to the club?

“I don't think there is any worry about the owners heading to the exit door.”

Where would the money go to?

“The way the rules are set up then that money would go to charities.”

Will a fine impact current FFP rules?

“There's a balance sheet and profit/loss. Because your balance sheet is out of whack, it doesn't mean your FFP sheet is out of whack.”

What about Ian Holloway's future?

“We have no idea why that story came out about Ollie's job being under pressure. We've not said that.

“It's not the remotest possibility of that happening. I hate to use the expression as I despise the man it's associated with but it's fake news.”

Full article: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...s-out-13808992
              Fair play to Lee Hoos. Said exactly the correct thing there in my opinion!

Comment

• That doesn't say where the fine money is coming from, the books or the owners.

Comment

• Originally posted by Olly View Post
                  That doesn't say where the fine money is coming from, the books or the owners.
                  He's said they intend to continue appealing. As such, where the money will be coming from is not relevant yet.

Comment

totally agree. The top 6 clubs need to form a European super league and let them drown in their greed
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      Couldnt agree more hertford, used to even love watching the european cup as it was called
                      A PROPER knockout tournament. Early round games being decided on away goals or penalties, orange and yellow footballs in the snow, pitches that used to churn up when you were allowed to slide tackle....
                      Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 25-10-2017, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Fair play to Lee Hoos. Said exactly the correct thing there in my opinion!
                        Yeah agreed. I especially like the answer to the 2nd question. Clearly the lack of spending in recent seasons is all down to the possibility of this fine.
                        I never understand the complaining about Hoos. From a financial/business standpoint he is trying to keep us sustainable and I think he will be successful.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          A PROPER knockout tournament. Early round games being decided on away goals or penalties, orange and yellow footballs in the snow, pitches that used to churn up when you were allowed to slide tackle....
                          Haha too right mush, proper football

Comment

• Agreed Ginjer, Hoos knows football and I think he will do a decent job in extremely difficult circumstances.

Comment

• Hoos not a Trump fan, interesting tidbit

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                                Hoos not a Trump fan, interesting tidbit
                                We are a lefty club #londonisopen #rainbowrangers #wheelerwednesday etc etc

Comment

Working...
                                X