FFP latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Hence why when it hits legal courts it falls apart as it’s a restriction of trade unless things have changed and sporting rules and regulations suddenly supersede the laws of the land and world
    Take the rotten w ankers to every court in the land.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      Not at all mate but come on, you can't honestly think that he's blameless in this?
      I don't no. However, we seem to have been reigning it in for a couple of years now so I'm not feeling any 'new' anger about it. It's just that the decision has gone against us now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
        Who was that Davie?
        Begins with L and has already been mentioned.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
            I don't no. However, we seem to have been reigning it in for a couple of years now so I'm not feeling any 'new' anger about it. It's just that the decision has gone against us now.
            I totally give Tony and the rest of the board credit for reigning it In, especially Lee Hoos who has been instrumental in that. Got a lot of stick did Hoos but his tightening of the purse strings has saved us further bother with the wanchors that run the game.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
              The R's fans should make themselves heard and protest with the FL. It is unfair on the fans and we should not be punished for mistakes done by one person. The club belongs to you, the fans. Without you, there will be no QPR. There will be no football at all.
              Luton were severely punished for rule breaking by the then Board and ended up dropping into the Conference League.

The FL don't give a $ hit about fans.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Exactly Mush and the judges will say ‘so FL bundle says you changed your rules on FFP after one season because you acknowledged and accepted that what you had in place was not fair and not enforceable is that correct?’

‘Yes that’s correct’

‘Next Case please!!!!!’
                That's how I see it too.
                Unworkable rules and not really achievable given the number of players QPR had on their books on deals signed as a Premier League club. They got rid of around 20 players but still had a number on big contracts who refused to go unless paid off in full (which would have resulted as a loss on the accounts anyway).

I know they signed a few players like Austin and Phillips, but even if they hadn't the losses would still have been well above those permitted. It not like they spent £15M on signing each of them.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                  I think if they were that confident they would have gone full fat (ie court) first up. Also has to be remembered that in recent FFP cases in Europe (where UEFA and not the EFL have been the governing body) UEFA are to date well ahead. Although UEFA and not the EFL, it is relevant because European Law could play a part in this - or at least that is my understanding of it.

Other point is that fair or not - and I think FFP is inequitable - the club must have had some awareness that they were contravening and that a bill would be presented. We took a punt, and I wouldn't bet on us walking away from this unscathed.
                  They did, which is why I could not understand why they didn't do more in the January window in 2015 to try and avoid dropping back into the Championship - they were well equipped to compete with the likes of Burnley, Leicester, Sunderland WBA Villa etc to avoid the drop.

Comment

That was the window when Redknapp wanted Defoe and Les and Fernandes said no and the rest as they say is history.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                      That was the window when Redknapp wanted Defoe and Les and Fernandes said no and the rest as they say is history.
                      That's the one. Defoe and a decent CB like Huth, would imo, have comfortably kept QPR up and avoided all this FFP palava that everyone knew was awaiting the club if relegated.

Comment

• No Defoe, Redknapp ####s off with Ramsey in the hot seat and a 2nd relegation for our chairman in 3 years. Seriously none of the nice guy bs should stand up as this man is not fit to run a football club.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                          They did, which is why I could not understand why they didn't do more in the January window in 2015 to try and avoid dropping back into the Championship - they were well equipped to compete with the likes of Burnley, Leicester, Sunderland WBA Villa etc to avoid the drop.
                          Correct, problem then was TF's unwillingness to ditch Harry and get a credible gaffer in well pre window. When we finally ditched him we appointed CR..... decisions which could turn out to be very expensive.

I wanted Harry pensioned off the minute Bobby stuck it in at Wembley, but that's another story. We went up despite Harry, not because of him, a distinction the board failed to grasp.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                            Correct, problem then was TF's unwillingness to ditch Harry and get a credible gaffer in well pre window. When we finally ditched him we appointed CR..... decisions which could turn out to be very expensive.

I wanted Harry pensioned off the minute Bobby stuck it in at Wembley, but that's another story. We went up despite Harry, not because of him, a distinction the board failed to grasp.
                            A few have said it on here, and I said it the day of the play-off final. Win or lose in that play-off game, it was time for a change. The fact that Harry admitted after the game that with 70 mins gone he was thinking about golf and his retirement tells you all you need to know.

Of course TF had made some big mistakes before that day, but for me, hanging onto Harry for our second stab at Premier League football was one of his biggest!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              A few have said it on here, and I said it the day of the play-off final. Win or lose in that play-off game, it was time for a change. The fact that Harry admitted after the game that with 70 mins gone he was thinking about golf and his retirement tells you all you need to know.

Of course TF had made some big mistakes before that day, but for me, hanging onto Harry for our second stab at Premier League football was one of his biggest!
                              Yes, it is hard to disagree with that.
                              We had fluked a promotion really and his heart wasn't in it. We should have replaced him.

Comment

• Unfortunately another bad decision that bit us on the #### and when we did replace him it was with someone who had never managed in the premier league before.

Comment

Working...
                                X