Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 418

Thread: FFP latest

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Shepherd's Bush
    Posts
    16,705
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Oh THAT'S why the purse strings had been tightened.......
    Top Scorers 2017/2018

    Matt Smith - 5
    Idrissa Sylla - 4
    Connor Washington- 4
    Jamie Mackie - 4
    Luke Freeman - 3
    Yeni Ngbakoto - 1
    Darnell Furlong - 1
    Massimo Luongo - 1
    David Wheeler - 1
    Pawel Wszolek - 1

    January Transfers 2018

    IN


    OUT

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Enfield/Clacton
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    So do we go into liquidation , sod the fine, take the points deduction and regroup in league 1 or do we pay the fine have nowt to spend and possibly be relegated ?

  3. #18

    Default

    Originally Posted by davieqpr
    So do we go into liquidation , sod the fine, take the points deduction and regroup in league 1 or do we pay the fine have nowt to spend and possibly be relegated ?
    We appeal it.

    Here is how Sky are reporting it.

    http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...air-play-claim
    Last edited by CroydonCaptainJack; 24-10-2017 at 02:44 PM.

  4. #19

    Default

    Originally Posted by davieqpr
    So do we go into liquidation , sod the fine, take the points deduction and regroup in league 1 or do we pay the fine have nowt to spend and possibly be relegated ?
    We would never get away with that. Apart from anything else, we'd have to restart as a new-co from the bottom of the football league at best. The repercussions of going into liquidation would also be far reaching, creditors not being paid what they're owed, contracts with local businesses broken etc. We'd take down a lot of local companies with us, and I can't see the club even considering going down that route.

    The whole situation is so contradictory. We are being told to live within our means, whilst at the same time being asked to pay a fine that is basically equal to our total annual revenue. It's utter madness in my opinion.
    Last edited by Tarbie; 24-10-2017 at 03:03 PM.
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

  5. #20

    Default

    Originally Posted by Tarbie
    We would never get away with that. Apart from anything else, we'd have to restart as a new-co from the bottom of the football league at best. The repercussions of going into liquidation would also be far reaching, creditors not being paid what they're owed, contracts with local businesses broken etc. We'd take down a lot of local companies with us, and I can't see the club even considering going down that route.

    The whole situation is so contradictory. We are being told to live within our means, whilst at the same time being asked to pay a fine that is basically equal to our pre-tax profit. It's utter madness in my opinion.
    Bloody fa cants.

    How about derby, villa, wolves man city,

    Fark them. I'd take relegation and a transfer ban for a season than give those cants a penny.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

  6. #21

    Default

    Originally Posted by CroydonCaptainJack
    Exactly!!
    And people speculating on getting Charlie Austin back!
    More chance of getting Charlie hawtrey

  7. #22

    Default

    If we are contesting this, why not go for broke and spend some money to get promoted.

    Get 200 mil once we go up. Use 50 of that to pay off the fine, happy days

  8. #23

    Default

    Originally Posted by Hitman34
    Bloody fa cants.

    How about derby, villa, wolves man city,

    Fark them. I'd take relegation and a transfer ban for a season than give those cants a penny.
    They've relaxed the rules now though, haven't they? We made the mistake of breaking rules during the year or 2 that they were clamping down.

    The fine is 58m according to the BBC by the way. So actually more like 18 months revenue for the club. This really is disastrous.

    QPR: Championship club's Financial Fair Play claim dismissed by panel - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41736013
    Last edited by Tarbie; 24-10-2017 at 03:02 PM.
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

  9. #24

    Default

    Originally Posted by Hitman34
    More chance of getting Charlie hawtrey
    That is not a bad shout actually hits

  10. Default

    Not only were our business dealings at that time incredibly ill advised and in contravention of FFP regs, we should have handled the whole defence of our position in a different way. The logical position would have been a legal alliance of FFP litigants, and the EFL should have been taken on in court from the outset. I believe there is a new anti FFP / UEFA case in the ECJ at the moment, European Law could be very relevant to a final outcome.

    This is a must read on FFP for anyone who can wade through it, includes lots of QPR accounting related comment

  11. Default

    Terrible news and if they are the rules and if we have broken them then the fine needs paying. At what point did our board not realise that they were breaking the rules?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    bollo bridge road w3
    Posts
    17,257

    Default

    Originally Posted by 1973 ranger
    Terrible news and if they are the rules and if we have broken them then the fine needs paying. At what point did our board not realise that they were breaking the rules?
    Siding with the farcical FFP rules and regulations against the club you say you support.
    Says it all really.

  13. #28

    Default

    Originally Posted by 1973 ranger
    Terrible news and if they are the rules and if we have broken them then the fine needs paying. At what point did our board not realise that they were breaking the rules?
    Who pays it?

    Uncle bungle or the club?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    bollo bridge road w3
    Posts
    17,257

    Default

    Originally Posted by Hitman34
    Who pays it?

    Uncle bungle or the club?
    The club pays it.
    It gets the dough from down the back of the seats in C Club.

  15. #30

    Default

    faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccckkkkkkkk!!!!!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •