Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: FFP latest

Blog Entries

Oh THAT'S why the purse strings had been tightened.......
    Top Scorers 2017/2018

Matt Smith - 5
    Idrissa Sylla - 4
    Connor Washington- 4
    Jamie Mackie - 4
    Luke Freeman - 3
    Yeni Ngbakoto - 1
    Darnell Furlong - 1
    Massimo Luongo - 1
    David Wheeler - 1
    Pawel Wszolek - 1

January Transfers 2018

IN

OUT

So do we go into liquidation , sod the fine, take the points deduction and regroup in league 1 or do we pay the fine have nowt to spend and possibly be relegated ?

Originally Posted by davieqpr
    So do we go into liquidation , sod the fine, take the points deduction and regroup in league 1 or do we pay the fine have nowt to spend and possibly be relegated ?
    We appeal it.

Here is how Sky are reporting it.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...air-play-claim
    Last edited by CroydonCaptainJack; 24-10-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Originally Posted by davieqpr
    We would never get away with that. Apart from anything else, we'd have to restart as a new-co from the bottom of the football league at best. The repercussions of going into liquidation would also be far reaching, creditors not being paid what they're owed, contracts with local businesses broken etc. We'd take down a lot of local companies with us, and I can't see the club even considering going down that route.

The whole situation is so contradictory. We are being told to live within our means, whilst at the same time being asked to pay a fine that is basically equal to our total annual revenue. It's utter madness in my opinion.
    Last edited by Tarbie; 24-10-2017 at 03:03 PM.
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

Originally Posted by Tarbie
    We would never get away with that. Apart from anything else, we'd have to restart as a new-co from the bottom of the football league at best. The repercussions of going into liquidation would also be far reaching, creditors not being paid what they're owed, contracts with local businesses broken etc. We'd take down a lot of local companies with us, and I can't see the club even considering going down that route.

The whole situation is so contradictory. We are being told to live within our means, whilst at the same time being asked to pay a fine that is basically equal to our pre-tax profit. It's utter madness in my opinion.
    Bloody fa cants.

How about derby, villa, wolves man city,

Fark them. I'd take relegation and a transfer ban for a season than give those cants a penny.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Originally Posted by CroydonCaptainJack
    Exactly!!
    And people speculating on getting Charlie Austin back!
    More chance of getting Charlie hawtrey

If we are contesting this, why not go for broke and spend some money to get promoted.

Get 200 mil once we go up. Use 50 of that to pay off the fine, happy days

Originally Posted by Hitman34
    Bloody fa cants.

How about derby, villa, wolves man city,

Fark them. I'd take relegation and a transfer ban for a season than give those cants a penny.
    They've relaxed the rules now though, haven't they? We made the mistake of breaking rules during the year or 2 that they were clamping down.

The fine is 58m according to the BBC by the way. So actually more like 18 months revenue for the club. This really is disastrous.

QPR: Championship club's Financial Fair Play claim dismissed by panel - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41736013
    Last edited by Tarbie; 24-10-2017 at 03:02 PM.
    Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
    Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

More chance of getting Charlie hawtrey
    That is not a bad shout actually hits

10. Default

Not only were our business dealings at that time incredibly ill advised and in contravention of FFP regs, we should have handled the whole defence of our position in a different way. The logical position would have been a legal alliance of FFP litigants, and the EFL should have been taken on in court from the outset. I believe there is a new anti FFP / UEFA case in the ECJ at the moment, European Law could be very relevant to a final outcome.

This is a must read on FFP for anyone who can wade through it, includes lots of QPR accounting related comment

11. Default

Terrible news and if they are the rules and if we have broken them then the fine needs paying. At what point did our board not realise that they were breaking the rules?

Originally Posted by 1973 ranger
    Terrible news and if they are the rules and if we have broken them then the fine needs paying. At what point did our board not realise that they were breaking the rules?
    Siding with the farcical FFP rules and regulations against the club you say you support.
    Says it all really.

Originally Posted by 1973 ranger
    Who pays it?

Uncle bungle or the club?

Who pays it?

Uncle bungle or the club?
    The club pays it.
    It gets the dough from down the back of the seats in C Club.

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccckkkkkkkk!!!!!!!