FFP latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
    I know not everyone's favourite paper but the Mail has criticised the hypocrisy of the EFL for going after us but ignoring the dodgy owner at Forest
    Link pls lyme
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      Link pls lyme
      The only article I can find is dated October 24 on their site.
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
        The only article I can find is dated October 24 on their site.
        OK thanks for looking mate

Comment

Link pls lyme
          yesterdays Mail, our mate Martin Samuel. Under the headline Forest farce shames EFL, the relevant part
          ''there has been no comment from the FL on news that Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis is to stand trial for match-fixing charges in Greece. They can hardly claim to be taken aback, Marinakis has been under investigation for several years now, certainly throughout the period when he was acquiring Forest. He, of course, denies the charges but even so_to allow a man under suspicion of match fixing to buy a football club hardly says much for the EFL's fit and proper persons' test. Indeed, it reveals everything about the League's governance priorities that they can on one hand pursue QPR for tens of millions for investing in their football club and on the other welcome an alleged match fixer into English football. The chaos around every Carabao Cup draw isn't the half of it, sadly''
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
            yesterdays Mail, our mate Martin Samuel. Under the headline Forest farce shames EFL, the relevant part
            ''there has been no comment from the FL on news that Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis is to stand trial for match-fixing charges in Greece. They can hardly claim to be taken aback, Marinakis has been under investigation for several years now, certainly throughout the period when he was acquiring Forest. He, of course, denies the charges but even so_to allow a man under suspicion of match fixing to buy a football club hardly says much for the EFL's fit and proper persons' test. Indeed, it reveals everything about the League's governance priorities that they can on one hand pursue QPR for tens of millions for investing in their football club and on the other welcome an alleged match fixer into English football. The chaos around every Carabao Cup draw isn't the half of it, sadly''
            He makes a very valid point and yes who the fk allowed that fella to invest in forest? Fit and proper my ar5e

Comment

• In today's mirror:
              Wolves have promised manager Nuno Espirito Santo "limitless" transfer funds to turn the club into Champions League contenders. (Mirror)

What is the difference to what Wolves are doing now to what we have done in the past? Surely they must be paying well above the clubs's means which is being funded by a rich benafactor..

Comment

• Originally posted by e8 ranger View Post
                In today's mirror:
                Wolves have promised manager Nuno Espirito Santo "limitless" transfer funds to turn the club into Champions League contenders. (Mirror)

What is the difference to what Wolves are doing now to what we have done in the past? Surely they must be paying well above the clubs's means which is being funded by a rich benafactor..
                Totally agree. However when we broke the rules they were allot stricter. Apparently they're allot different allowing club to open the cheque book more, we've just been stitched up due to poor timing.

Comment

Totally agree. However when we broke the rules they were allot stricter. Apparently they're allot different allowing club to open the cheque book more, we've just been stitched up due to poor timing.
                  so tony can get his cheque book out again if he wants??

Comment

Good point. Does what we spend now still impact on the past overspend we're being chased for? For instance, could Tony say we've planned for the worst case scenario on that should it come to it (or we're so confident of winning the appeal) that come January we're in a position to spend regardless...

Comment

The Club (including Tony and Lee Hoos) have said they want us to be sustainable and self sufficient so I would say no.

Comment

• Championship clubs were allowed to lose £8m per season on a rolling three year period. Now it's £39m over a rolling three year period. Even allowing for the revised up limit, we were still over, and are budgeting to stay in line from now on. If you're a club with bigger gate money and sponsors, you can spend more, but any club that incurs bigger 3 year losses will pay the penalty in the form of transfer embargoes, or fines if you get promoted. Wolves for example could run up a £39m loss in one season if they hadn't had a loss in the previous 2, and budget for none in the following 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Olly View Post
                          Championship clubs were allowed to lose £8m per season on a rolling three year period. Now it's £39m over a rolling three year period. Even allowing for the revised up limit, we were still over, and are budgeting to stay in line from now on. If you're a club with bigger gate money and sponsors, you can spend more, but any club that incurs bigger 3 year losses will pay the penalty in the form of transfer embargoes, or fines if you get promoted. Wolves for example could run up a £39m loss in one season if they hadn't had a loss in the previous 2, and budget for none in the following 2.
                          I never realised that was the rule.

I'd bet there are a handful of Championship sides that will be sweating if they don't go up this year!

Comment

Which would be hugely prejudial to the outcome of the current case.

Comment

Working...
                            X