Should Ollie be given a testimonial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    Doubt you saw his playing career in the flesh what with you only being about 14 years old...
    I remember him well. He was basically Ray Wilkins' legs. Ran around like a demented terrier, got the ball and gave it to Wilkins. Without him Wilkins would not have been anywhere near as influential.

Loved his first spell as manager. We were down and out, in danger of ceasing to exist, literally did not have a squad of players. Ollie came in as an up and coming manager, knitted it all together, introduced some great characters into team and got us back on our feet. The 3-1 friendly against Chelsea remains one of my favourite all time games despite it's insignificance. We had something like 7 first team players on the books, rest of team made of trialists and ringers. Chelsea played near on their full first team. We went behind early on but then gloriously came back and beat them. Pathetically amusing one man pitch invasion from Chelsea fan at the end threatening to take on anyone until he realised nobody had followed him, was sat next to Chelsea supporting mate. Couldn't have been better day.

Second spell as manager is what it is but hard to deny his contribution to the club.

Comment

He should be given a f acking kick in the testimonials if Mackie appears on the pitch, Saturday. Several.

Comment

This has to be the strangest thread I've seen on here for a while!

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
          I remember him well. He was basically Ray Wilkins' legs. Ran around like a demented terrier, got the ball and gave it to Wilkins. Without him Wilkins would not have been anywhere near as influential.

Loved his first spell as manager. We were down and out, in danger of ceasing to exist, literally did not have a squad of players. Ollie came in as an up and coming manager, knitted it all together, introduced some great characters into team and got us back on our feet. The 3-1 friendly against Chelsea remains one of my favourite all time games despite it's insignificance. We had something like 7 first team players on the books, rest of team made of trialists and ringers. Chelsea played near on their full first team. We went behind early on but then gloriously came back and beat them. Pathetically amusing one man pitch invasion from Chelsea fan at the end threatening to take on anyone until he realised nobody had followed him, was sat next to Chelsea supporting mate. Couldn't have been better day.

Second spell as manager is what it is but hard to deny his contribution to the club.
          Yeah, did all the dirty work leaving others to look good. Enjoyed watching us under him as a manager in the League 1 days but have to admit he seemed to have reached his limits mid-table Championship back then. Personally just hope he can get it right with us.

Comment

Working...
          X