if and I mean if IH goes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    And if we had a different tactician we wouldnt have the squad playing for each other like they are now as said before, its no good having a fantastic tactician if the players arent playing for him!
    Can't we have both? Pretty sure Gary Rowett was available a few months back. Not saying now is the time to bin Ollie by the way. Just saying there are managers in this league that can get a side playing for them, whilst also having a bit of tactical nous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Can't we have both? Pretty sure Gary Rowett was available a few months back. Not saying now is the time to bin Ollie by the way. Just saying there are managers in this league that can get a side playing for them, whilst also having a bit of tactical nous!
      Can we have it all? We are a midway Championship side not top four Premiership.

Look at Sylla for instance. If he was everything we wanted him to be he would be playing at a higher level.

Maybe we have to accept what is appropriate for our level of club.

Comment

You love it don't you mate? Ha ha

I'm well pleased with the last 2 games. But the fact we have beaten the top 2 sides in the division 1 after each other just strengthens my opinion. This squad is good enough, and with a better tactician at the helm we would be higher up the table. I'll take it though, if we can keep out of trouble for the remainder of the season I'm happy enough.
        Tarbs i think you might have forgotten who put this squad together. Scowen, Freeman & Baptiste all Holloway signings.
        Robinson at CB appears to be a shrewd move. He's got Luongo playing to his potential and milks goals from smith and sylla,

To me that seems tactically sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
          Tarbs i think you might have forgotten who put this squad together. Scowen, Freeman & Baptiste all Holloway signings.
          Robinson at CB appears to be a shrewd move. He's got Luongo playing to his potential and milks goals from smith and sylla,

Have to agree. Personally think Holloway is more than capable tactically.

Comment

Never once knocked Ollie in the transfer market. He gets the important transfers right more often than not, even on a limited budget, always has. My gripe is more around formations, selections, and substitutions. That was my gripe with him towards the back end of his last stint. I also actually believe that side of his management has gotten worse over time, as he has got more confident in his own abilities.

I was simply responding to Pinkie's suggestion that we needed to make a choice between a tactician or a man manager (like Ollie). I don't believe we have to pick between the two. I believe with the correct selection process we could have found a manager that ticks both boxes, even on our limited budget.

Not that it matters much now, Ollie is here and is doing a good job. Whether there were better candidates for the job is academic now.

Comment

Never once knocked Ollie in the transfer market. He gets the important transfers right more often than not, even on a limited budget, always has. My gripe is more around formations, selections, and substitutions. That was my gripe with him towards the back end of his last stint. I also actually believe that side of his management has gotten worse over time, as he has got more confident in his own abilities.

I was simply responding to Pinkie's suggestion that we needed to make a choice between a tactician or a man manager (like Ollie). I don't believe we have to pick between the two. I believe with the correct selection process we could have found a manager that ticks both boxes, even on our limited budget.

Not that it matters much now, Ollie is here and is doing a good job. Whether there were better candidates for the job is academic now.
              I suspect few would have taken the job and even fewer who would have a clue how to stop the rot (many managers with better pedigree have tried and failed).

Holloway stopped the malaise on the pitch, off the pitch and recently the stands.

He certainly isn't a pochetino but I believe his thinking outside the box could prove a huge bonus.

He has created stability in the team and formation. The lucky lottery of selection seems a thing of the past.

He has given players confidence and seems to have rid the changing room of bad eggs.

I would love to have seen rowett, quality managers that he is, make the same wholesale changes and done any better.

Comment

My gripe is more around formations, selections, and substitutions.
                I would bet that some moan related to one of these 3 topics would come up even if we were winning every week, whoever the manager is.

Comment

I suspect few would have taken the job and even fewer who would have a clue how to stop the rot (many managers with better pedigree have tried and failed).

Holloway stopped the malaise on the pitch, off the pitch and recently the stands.

He certainly isn't a pochetino but I believe his thinking outside the box could prove a huge bonus.

He has created stability in the team and formation. The lucky lottery of selection seems a thing of the past.

He has given players confidence and seems to have rid the changing room of bad eggs.

I would love to have seen rowett, quality managers that he is, make the same wholesale changes and done any better.
                  I was with you until the last paragraph mate. Rowett would have this group of players in the top 6 in my opinion.

As I say mate, ain't Ollie bashing. Didn't want him here, but I'm impressed with what's he's managed this season. I'm just not kidding myself that he's the be all and end all, or a manager that is ever likely to progress us much beyond our current level. He's adequate for where we are and doing a decent job.

Comment

I was with you until the last paragraph mate. Rowett would have this group of players in the top 6 in my opinion.

As I say mate, ain't Ollie bashing. Didn't want him here, but I'm impressed with what's he's managed this season. I'm just not kidding myself that he's the be all and end all, or a manager that is ever likely to progress us much beyond our current level. He's adequate for where we are and doing a decent job.
                    We are only four points off that top six as we stand though mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                      We are only four points off that top six as we stand though mate.

And Rowett also turned us down..

Comment

• You cant say rowett would have us in the top 6 what a ridiculous thing to say. He took over a side in a much better state than us and is 4pts away.
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Bringing Mackie on last night seems like a logical substitution. Furlong more debatable, but the latter one has maybe improved as a player positional- wise?
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            You cant say rowett would have us in the top 6 what a ridiculous thing to say. He took over a side in a much better state than us and is 4pts away.
                            How's it ridiculous mate? It's my opinion.

Look at the points we've dropped against poor sides. How is it such a stretch to say this group of players would be in the top 6 with a better manager?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              You cant say rowett would have us in the top 6 what a ridiculous thing to say. He took over a side in a much better state than us and is 4pts away.
                              Ridiculous? Look at Rowett's record with the clubs he has managed. Done well at all of them although relatively early days at Derby. Has won more than he has lost at all of them.

We have had two great results in last two games and if we build on that happy days but if you look at Ollie's career record very up and down and has done poorly at a number of clubs. In fact over last 5 years, aside from a fairly brief spell at Palace, he has been poor which is why he was out of work for a while before we took a punt on him.

Also keep hearing how he has had nothing to spend. In my view has done ok. Has kept squad together and made some additions, some of which have been very good for which he must have some of the credit along with Sir Les and scouts. Could hardly call us a selling club and whilst some parts of the squad are better than others we are in reasonably good state.

If we can stay solid at home and start to pick up some away wins could end up a good season for us but lets see what happens. Could Rowett have done better? Can see the logic in saying yes based on his career record so far but no idea without trying. He is at Derby now and we are unlikely to ever find out so not fussed either way.

Comment

How's it ridiculous mate? It's my opinion.

Look at the points we've dropped against poor sides. How is it such a stretch to say this group of players would be in the top 6 with a better manager?
                                But look st the points we've got from the top sides. You are entitled to think rowett might have got more from Freeman, scowen and Baptiste but with rowett we wouldn't have got them. Swings and roundabouts.

Comment

Working...
                                X