David Wheeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Wheeler

I'd love to know Hollowheads thinking behind this one.

He is a very good footballer. Good brain, fit, can shoot & score yet gets almost no time in the hoops.

Game 1 - he gets 13 mins (sub)

Game 2 - he starts & gets taken off after 68 mins despite scoring on his first full start. (Subbed)

Game 3 - he gets 6 mins (one game after starting & scoring away to Boro?!) (sub)

Game 4 - he gets 5 poxy mins. (Sub)

This kid looks a player to me yet this useless manager is completely bypassing him & giving him zero time to impress.

The stats make embarrassing reading. Especially when you're accommodating that plank Spackie up front. And yes I'm p!ssed off!

Wtf is going on?

You're not wrong.

Comment

Looked dangerous and was not afraid to have a shot at goal which would be an improvement on "Son of Holloway" Mackie!

Comment

I’m so sick of IH’s decision making.

It’s atrocious. Wouldn’t mind if we were doing well but we’re not! We are doing abysmally.

Comment

Anyone who watched him at Boro could not fail to have been impressed by him. His overall play, cutting in from the right, great positional sense and a sharp eye for goal which he took superbly on the day.

It really is unfathomable how Mackie and Washington are being picked ahead of him, and you could probably make similar arguments for Bright, Eze, Shodipo and RGC.

What do we think Ollie is seeing on the training ground that the rest of us can't by not being there? Because this is the only logical explanation for it, and even that question doesn't stand to full scrutiny because these players are still delivering the goods in real games, which surely trumps what they do in training anyway? Thoughts....

Comment

Very hard to decide if he is no good if he never plays? Can he be any worse than Mackie? From the brief time I have seen him he looks like a grafter so it is a strange situation especially as we are not that prolific.

Comment

Exactly my points Stan coupled with the fact he appears to be a thouroughly good egg.

Exeter fans said he was fantastic, he put himself through Uni although trying to make it in the game and he’s now doing a weekly segment / blog for QPR.

Completely taking the p!ss out of the fella if you ask me!!

Comment

I dont get it either. Wheeler looks handy and dangerous every time he's played, he deserves a chance. But in the first half he decided to bring Washington on, who again did fark all.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Unfortunately I'm starting to hate our manager who was once a legend for me.

I think he's stubborn, annoying and frankly he's pretty crap!!

Comment

Worth mentioning this fact as a midfielder from last season:

Appearances - 46

Goals scored - 21

From midfield!

Not good enough for the mighty Queens Park Rangers though!

Embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      I dont get it either. Wheeler looks handy and dangerous every time he's played, he deserves a chance. But in the first half he decided to bring Washington on, who again did fark all.
                      yep, could have brought wheeler on the left to keep our shape rather than moving everyone around to play a 433.

wheeler has looked good when hes played, gets around well, good in the air and is a poacher in the box. he scored 21 for exeter last season from the wing. no idea why hes not starting or at least getting a decent chance on the pitch rather than 5 minutes like yesterday. would love to see him and sylla up front

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                        Worth mentioning this fact as a midfielder from last season:

Appearances - 46

Goals scored - 21

From midfield!

Not good enough for the mighty Queens Park Rangers though!

Embarrassing.
                        Good enough for the mighty QPR but not good enough for Ollie.

Comment

Add Brights Jake to this when he plays he’s positive lively and full of pace but not even on bench yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                            Good enough for the mighty QPR but not good enough for Ollie.
                            Nailed it bruv

Comment

What's happened to our DoF's much lauded 'pathways'? Favouritism and closed-shop seem more applicable under IH. Weird though that these players are being signed (or do well for U23s) and yet are being shut out of 1st team even when it's clearly under-performing. If this wasn't the case it would at least appear to have a rational explanation.

Comment

Working...
                              X