David Wheeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    "The big thing going from League Two to the Championship is that everyone’s an athlete. In the Championship most players are very athletic, very fit, very strong, which is a real challenge"

May be why he hasn't played so many full games yet....
    Looks in decent enough nick though, surely? Definitely not carrying any weight.

Comment

• Proof Ollie reads the message boards /watrb

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Proof Ollie reads the message boards /watrb
        Did somebody on here tell him it was a good idea to play Wheeler as a lone striker mate?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          Did somebody on here tell him it was a good idea to play Wheeler as a lone striker mate?
          Exactly what I thought mate!

What is wrong with the man?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
            Exactly what I thought mate!

What is wrong with the man?!
            Madness mate. Utter madness.

I can see the idea behind 1 up top and 5 at the back against a decent side away from home. But pick a bloody striker. I wouldn't even have minded if we picked Smith and played long. But Wheeler up there on his own was never gonna do anything tonight against a well organised Derby defence.
            Last edited by Tarbie; 21-11-2017, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Madness mate. Utter madness.

I can see the idea behind 1 up top and 5 at the back against a decent side away from home. But pick a bloody striker. I wouldn't even have minded if we picked Smith and played long. But Wheeler up there on his own was never gonna do anything tonight against a well organised Derby defence.
              And he'll decide in his wisdom it didn't work & drop the fella again. Totally shite manager.

Comment

• FFS the poor little dear is 5'_11" ! And as I've said he was never brought in to be a winger seeing as the amount of wingers we had on the books , we haven't seen much of him because he's not yet ready for this level and the only way to find out if he can do it at match level is play to play him , we've used five strikers in two games doesn't that tell something about the the quality of what the manager has got
                Olly note the comers
                Last edited by dogsrrs; 22-11-2017, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                  FFS the poor little dear is 5'_11" ! And as I've said he was never brought in to be a winger seeing as the amount of wingers we had on the books , we haven't seen much of him because he's not yet ready for this level and the only way to find out if he can do it at match level is play to play him , we've used five strikers in two games doesn't that tell something about the the quality of what the manager has got
                  Olly note the comments
                  What's all this "he wasn't signed as a winger" chat?!!

The guy is a winger. He might have been signed with versatility in mind, always good to have players that can play various positions. But to assume he was signed as a striker is nonsense. I'm actually wishing we hadn't been told how versatile he is, cos from what I've seen he really isn't, not at this level anyway!

Comment

• not ollies best nights work , wonder what he has in store for monday

Comment

What's all this "he wasn't signed as a winger" chat?!!

The guy is a winger. He might have been signed with versatility in mind, always good to have players that can play various positions. But to assume he was signed as a striker is nonsense. I'm actually wishing we hadn't been told how versatile he is, cos from what I've seen he really isn't, not at this level anyway!
                      Yeah and like I've said our best centre back is a left back , labels and labels, Danny maddix was midfielder as was Clive Wilson Malcolm Donald was a left back if you don't try you don't find out , Mackie leaves a lot to be desired skill wise but there isn't a man that would deny where ever he's asked to play he wouldn't give his best shot
                      Last edited by dogsrrs; 22-11-2017, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                        we've used five strikers in two games doesn't that tell something about the the quality of what the manager has got
                        But the best finisher on the books (Sylla) has not had a single run of starts (i.e. 4 or 5) since Ollie arrived. That also tells you something about the manager, and not the quality he has at his disposal.

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        The guy is a winger.
                        Not really Tarbs. He was played more as an inside-forward last season and scored 21 goals (at a rate of nearly 1 in 2). I think that's the main reason he was signed. Trouble is Ollie hasn't played him there ever, or even as a second striker. All of which, once again, tells you more about our managers shortcomings, than the players he has at his disposal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          But the best finisher on the books (Sylla) has not had a single run of starts (i.e. 4 or 5) since Ollie arrived. That also tells you something about the manager, and not the quality he has at his disposal.

Not really Tarbs. He was played more as an inside-forward last season and scored 21 goals (at a rate of nearly 1 in 2). I think that's the main reason he was signed. Trouble is Ollie hasn't played him there ever, or even as a second striker. All of which, once again, tells you more about our managers shortcomings, than the players he has at his disposal.
                          Winger/Inside Forward.......nit picking there mate. Fact is he ain't a centre forward.

Totally agree that it highlights Ollie's short comings more than the players. Exactly the point I was trying to make!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            But the best finisher on the books (Sylla) has not had a single run of starts (i.e. 4 or 5) since Ollie arrived.
                            Although he just had a run of 6 starts from Fulham to Forest....

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Although he just had a run of 6 starts from Fulham to Forest....
                              Scored in three of the six games and got dropped

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                Scored in three of the six games and got dropped
                                Yeah...why Smith started against Villa is beyond me.

Comment

Working...
                                X