David Wheeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Why are we signing these promising youngsters and seeing home-grown talent flourish in the U23's if they're all being frozen out of the first team when it's consistently under-performing, and when the club/DoF don't practice what it preaches about its 'pathways' doctrine - is my question?
    Please tell me you're going to ask this live at the fans forum.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      Please tell me you're going to ask this live at the fans forum.
      Sure. I can't make it but I'll ask our representative to

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        "Why are we signing these promising youngsters and seeing home-grown talent flourish in the U23's if they're all being frozen out of the first team when it's consistently under-performing"

And this I agree with you is down to the manager who picks the team. So I'm questioning why this is happening. The club's 'pathways' doctrine is an adjunct to that.
        I'd absolutely love to hear the answer to this one.

Comment

the answer will probably be something about blooding them slowly and not rushing them into the side as that can have a bad impact on a players career

Comment

Tbh the average age is around 25 which I'd imagine is one of the youngest in the division so I certainly don't think we have a reason to moan on this one. I guess we need to start looking for more genuine reasons.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              Tbh the average age is around 25 which I'd imagine is one of the youngest in the division so I certainly don't think we have a reason to moan on this one. I guess we need to start looking for more genuine reasons.
              Go to sleep you tit

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                Go to sleep you tit
                It's not 9pm, not long though granted
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Could be that IH does not want to be criticized as was the case last season, for changing and chopping the team from one game to another. Looking at the team, the likes of Luongo, Pawel, Freeman, Scowen, Bidwell, Smithies started nearly every game. Defenders were changed only because of the injuries suffered. IH tried to stick with CW, hoping that he may discover the goals, which was good to do if you have a player lacking in confidence. Unfortunately, CW is not delivering and that could be the main problem that we are not winning enough games. Mackie must be dropped also. He gives his best, granted. However, he lacks in technical ability and agrees with many, that Wheeler should be playing instead, together with Sylla. The rest are doing fine. If we are still struggling then, it only means that is as far as we can go with the current squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                    We have better players than last season but our record is as bad & not getting any better. What does that tell you?!!
                    That the players actually aren't better than last season ?

Comment

I get the desperation in terms of Mackie being picked week in week out but what I don't get is the double standards of so many on here.

I read how Pavel has had his confidence ruined by being played "out of position" but because of the desperation to replace Mackie with Wheeler, people want to overlook the fact that he is a winger and play him out of position too. Whilst accepting that he has played up front briefly in his career, Pawel has done the same (played as a wing back) and so both would be described as playing out of position. I suggest that a lot of otherwise rational fans on this board are contradicting themselves without even realising it, simply because they need to find an answer to not playing the current failure.
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                        I get the desperation in terms of Mackie being picked week in week out but what I don't get is the double standards of so many on here.

I read how Pavel has had his confidence ruined by being played "out of position" but because of the desperation to replace Mackie with Wheeler, people want to overlook the fact that he is a winger and play him out of position too. Whilst accepting that he has played up front briefly in his career, Pawel has done the same (played as a wing back) and so both would be described as playing out of position. I suggest that a lot of otherwise rational fans on this board are contradicting themselves without even realising it, simply because they need to find an answer to not playing the current failure.
                        Could easily play a 4-5-1 with 2 out and out wingers (1 of them being Wheeler), couldn't we?

To me, it's obvious. We have a striker in Sylla who is more than capable of playing than lone number 9 role. Then we have loads of quality on the wing between Wheeler, Pawel, Lua Lua and Bright Osayi-Samuel. It will also allow us to keep the current bank of 3 in the middle of the park.

Makes far more sense than trying to shoehorn this group of players into a 3-5-2 every game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          Could easily play a 4-5-1 with 2 out and out wingers (1 of them being Wheeler), couldn't we?

To me, it's obvious. We have a striker in Sylla who is more than capable of playing than lone number 9 role. Then we have loads of quality on the wing between Wheeler, Pawel, Lua Lua and Bright Osayi-Samuel. It will also allow us to keep the current bank of 3 in the middle of the park.

Makes far more sense than trying to shoehorn this group of players into a 3-5-2 every game.
                          Exactly Tarbs, my point was more to try and get some focus on peoples anger at the Mackie issue. I'm sure many will now come and say they wanted that change of formation but they actually didn't. There would be rants galore at playing one up at home and the majority just wanted Wheeler to play up because he scores goals.
                          #standuptocancer
                          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post

In England at QPR, and in our team it seems like Pawel is far better as a winger. Regarding Mackie, maybe he should have played at right back, now when Perch is injured...
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

It seems like it has been decided that 3-5-2 is the way forward for QPR in the future.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                                In England at QPR, and in our team it seems like Pawel is far better as a winger. Regarding Mackie, maybe he should have played at right back, now when Perch is injured...
                                You know what Shan I've seen him at full back and he looked moor that capable

Comment

Working...
                                X