Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    it's the fault of the players putting the ball over his head
    No it's not. It's the fault of the manager for playing yet another player out of position. It really ain't rocket science mate. You're over-complicating a problem which is really incredibly simple to rectify by simply playing players in their best positions. Jeez, how many times does it need repeating

Even GWL gets it ffs :-)

#SquarePegs

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      No it's not. It's the fault of the manager for playing yet another player out of position. It really ain't rocket science mate. You're over-complicating a problem which is really incredibly simple to rectify by simply playing players in their best positions. Jeez, how many times does it need repeating

#SquarePegs
      Because there's not a lot between an inside forward and a centre forward the both play up front , the inside forward was widely recognised as the most skillfully player you could get in our case marsh Bowls curry stainrod Burns , arsenal Denis Bergcamp man u Cantona the list is endless Stan of course an inside forward can turn a centre half or hold up play and lay off a pass or flip on a headed pass , Ollie's only going to find out if wheeler can do a job up front is by giving it a go , but it's up to Ollie to try to drum it into his players in mid field or defenders to give him or any other inside forward playing up front to give the right device
      Last edited by dogsrrs; 23-11-2017, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Because there's not a lot between an inside forward and a centre forward the both play up front , the inside forward was widely recognised as the most skillfully player you could get in our case marsh Bowls curry stainrod Burns , arsenal Denis Bergcamp man u Cantona the list is endless Stan of course an inside forward can turn a centre half or hold up play and lay off a pass or flu on a headed pass
        Dogs, I agree with all that, and we're going round in circles now tbf mate.

Once again,

All that's being said here is that he played Wheeler up front by himself. That's not his position - it's totally unsuited to him - and it's not how he scored goals prolifically for Exeter. Hence you will never get the best from him by doing so. i.e. Desist in continually playing players out of position.

Or in other words:

"The definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result." - Albert Einstein

"I'm simply presenting this for your consideration. If you relate to it, that's great. If you don't, that's also great." - Darryl Bailey

Final comment from me on this now as I'm only repeating myself

Comment

Dogs, I agree with all that, and we're going round in circles now tbf mate.

Once again,

All that's being said here is that he played Wheeler up front by himself. That's not his position - it's totally unsuited to him - and it's not how he scored goals prolifically for Exeter. Hence you will never get the best from him by doing so. i.e. Desist in continually playing players out of position.

Or in other words:

"The definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result." - Albert Einstein

Final comment from me on this as I'm only repeating myself
          We,re never going to agree on this Stan but I can't blame the manager for playing wheeler there , the previous game he played smith Washington and Mackie , excuse Syla those three stunk the place out ! You know as well me if he played any those 3 , posters would have still called him a chump to be polite , he tried another player it didn't work and players punting the ball over his head didn't help but he did try someone else !

Comment

#SquarePegs
            Again, another player being totally destroyed before eyes.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

We,re never going to agree on this Stan but I can't blame the manager for playing wheeler there , the previous game he played smith Washington and Mackie , excuse Syla those three stunk the place out ! You know as well me if he played any those 3 , posters would have still called him a chump to be polite , he tried another player it didn't work and players punting the ball over his head didn't help but he did try someone else !
              Your point would be a fair one if he'd played him alongside another striker (or even in a front 3). There'd have been no complaints then.

Comment

• "The definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result." - Albert Einstein

it has that on the wall in the reception of wandsworth prison

Comment

Your point would be a fair one if he'd played him alongside another striker (or even in a front 3). There'd have been no complaints then.
                  You're bang on mate. Dunno how anyone can even argue the point with you. It's so obvious if you watch us week in, week out. Way too many players being asked to play in roles that don't suit them in order for Ollie to be able to play this 3-5-2 system.

As for the argument of there not being too much difference between an Inside Forward and Centre Forward. Huge difference, playing as a solo striker as Wheeler was asked to do on Tuesday night is a completely different role to playing on the wing or off a number 9.

As Hitman pointed out, Ollie is having a good go at wrecking another players confidence by repeatedly playing him in a role he isn't suited to. Just as he did with Pawel and he is currently doing with Cousins.

Comment

• Tarbs what's the alternative sack the manager ! And go back to signing player's of the standard of Gladwin and the others That have came in under Les , or lose out on players that have came in under Holloway Scowens Freeman Baptise , yes he did sign smith but make no mistake without the few goals he scored we would have gone down , I'm not going #### Holloway off and call for his head untill we have what I call a decent squad , if fukcs up then you'll see me screaming for his head

Comment

Tarbs what's the alternative sack the manager ! And go back to signing player's of the standard of Gladwin and the others That have came in under Les , or lose out on players that have came in under Holloway Scowens Freeman Baptise , yes he did sign smith but make no mistake without the few goals he scored we would have gone down , I'm not going #### Holloway off and call for his head untill we have what I call a decent squad , if fukcs up then you'll see me screaming for his head
                      Nor is anyone else.

All people want is for the manager to pick a team with the correct personnel, in the correct positions consistently.

His match day starting line ups are nothing short of erratic and baffling at times.

Comment

Tarbs what's the alternative sack the manager ! And go back to signing player's of the standard of Gladwin and the others That have came in under Les , or lose out on players that have came in under Holloway Scowens Freeman Baptise , yes he did sign smith but make no mistake without the few goals he scored we would have gone down , I'm not going #### Holloway off and call for his head untill we have what I call a decent squad , if fukcs up then you'll see me screaming for his head
                        Ain't saying sack him mate. Pointless as there is nobody significantly better that we are likely to be able to attract at present. I'd sooner he stayed til May and we have a rethink at that point.

At the same time, dunno why we need to make excuses for the daft stuff that he does consistently. I also don't see why people can't let off a bit of steam about it on a forum like this one!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                          Nor is anyone else.

All people want is for the manager to pick a team with the correct personnel, in the correct positions consistently.

His match day starting line ups are nothing short of erratic and baffling at times.
                          Yeah I'll have that Jimbo ! But I still think smith Mackie and washington don't offer any more than trying wheeler up front , I'd like to see the manager plays Washington out of position in midfield and if it showed no sign working I wouldn't #### him off for trying him there cos he's never going to make it as a forward in month of sundays

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            Ain't saying sack him mate. Pointless as there is nobody significantly better that we are likely to be able to attract at present. I'd sooner he stayed til May and we have a rethink at that point.

At the same time, dunno why we need to make excuses for the daft stuff that he does consistently. I also don't see why people can't let off a bit of steam about it on a forum like this one!
                            Of course not mate that's what a forum is for to about others opinions

Comment

Yeah I'll have that Jimbo ! But I still think smith Mackie and washington don't offer any more than trying wheeler up front , I'd like to see the manager plays Washington out of position in midfield and if it showed no sign working I wouldn't #### him off for trying him there cos he's never going to make it as a forward in month of sundays
                              Here's a novel idea. Let's pick our best 11 available players in their favoured positions?

Ain't that tricky, pretty much everyone on this site has come up with a half decent 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 formation in recent weeks. Why can't the manager see what most the fans can?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                Here's a novel idea. Let's pick our best 11 available players in their favoured positions?

Ain't that tricky, pretty much everyone on this site has come up with a half decent 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 formation in recent weeks. Why can't the manager see what most the fans can?
                                Smithies uh uh uh and so on

Comment

Working...
                                X