No announcement yet.

David Wheeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylla is probably one of the players who will leave in January. A shame really.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
      Sylla is probably one of the players who will leave in January. A shame really.
      Why? No-one will see him play !

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Yeah...why Smith started against Villa is beyond me.
        Scored in the Wolves but in my opinion that didn't make him good enough to start at villa to pedestrian

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          Winger/Inside Forward.......nit picking there mate. Fact is he ain't a centre forward.

Totally agree that it highlights Ollie's short comings more than the players. Exactly the point I was trying to make!
          Inside forward centre forward nit picking there Tarbs ! both inside the forward line , Rodney , Stanley , Tony curry , Simon stainrod ,, John burns ,all inside forwards all got on the front line where he boots were flying in those days

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            Winger/Inside Forward.......nit picking there mate. Fact is he ain't a centre forward.

Totally agree that it highlights Ollie's short comings more than the players. Exactly the point I was trying to make!
            All I'm saying is he scored all those goals for Exeter playing as a second striker (call it narrow winger, inside-forward or whatever you like) but the fact is Ollie has never played him there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              All I'm saying is he scored all those goals for Exeter playing as a second striker (call it narrow winger, inside-forward or whatever you like) but the fact is Ollie has never played him there.
              Just amazed how its never the players fault when not turning up. Guess we all look for a fool guy. I'd love to be a pro footballer under our manager as you're exempt from criticism
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                Just amazed how its never the players fault when not turning up. Guess we all look for a fool guy. I'd love to be a pro footballer under our manager as you're exempt from criticism
                Of course players aren't beyond criticism. Far from it. (We do that all the time on here.) But you at least play them in their best positions first i.e. the position that plays to their strengths. Wheeler has never been afforded that opportunity.

Comment

• To be honest Stan I don't think there's such a thing as an inside forward anymore they are all labeled strikers these days , the formations these days four four two , one up ,blind forwards , nearest you get is two up where one plays on the shoulder of the other , three up means two wingers and a man in the middle

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                    To be honest Stan I don't think there's such a thing as an inside forward anymore they are all labeled strikers these days , the formations these days four four two , one up ,blind forwards , nearest you get is two up where one plays on the shoulder of the other , three up means two wingers and a man in the middle
                    It's semantics to a certain extent Dogs. That Exeter team played quite narrow and yet Wheeler was inaccurately dubbed a winger even though he didn't play wide - that's how he managed to score all those goals for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Why? No-one will see him play !
                      That is true.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

• There used to be a thing with the England team. When the press and public constantly called for a player to be picked he was selected and played completely out of position and on his wrong foot.Then after a bad game the manager could say 'see I know best'

Comment

• According to the Guardian he's a left winger...... Personally prefer those who play on the right.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...e_iOSApp_Other

Comment

• From today's GWL:

"Ollie opted to start Wheeler as a lone striker against Derby County, a position which he never looked comfortable in as he spent large spells watching the ball being cleared away from over his head.

The former-Exeter man certainly has something to offer, and a run of games in his preferred inside-forward role could prove fruitful based on his proven goalscoring record in that role."

Read more: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...-must-13943444

Comment

From today's GWL:

"Ollie opted to start Wheeler as a lone striker against Derby County, a position which he never looked comfortable in as he spent large spells watching the ball being cleared away from over his head.

The former-Exeter man certainly has something to offer, and a run of games in his preferred inside-forward role could prove fruitful based on his proven goalscoring record in that role."

Read more: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...-must-13943444
                              Stan its not his fault if the balls are going over his head surely it's the fault of the players putting the ball over his head not his or his managers , if Ollie is going to give him more time up front it's up to him to get it a cross to midfield and defenders to play it to his feet

Comment

This!

Comment

Working...
                                X