Unfair on Ollie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfair on Ollie.

Now let me be clear....IH is not the most astute manager on earth. However, he is not that bad as most on here are making him look like. Before the season started, polls were organised on WATRB claiming that the club will be at the bottom of the league after 7 games. Do not need to argue that they were wrong. Mistakes are being made, there are no questions about that. For IH to keep insisting by Mackie is one of them. I do understand Ollie's logic. Mackie is a tireless player who never stops running and chasing defenders. But technically he is very limited. So he must be dropped and Wheeler to be given a run in the team. Sylla, lazy as he been tagged by many, is a goalscorer and can get a goal even if plays badly. I do not how many starts did he have this season, however, he is joint top scorer! I cannot see many problems with how the team is playing, other that we have too high expectations. Nearly everyone knows that we are in a transition period with very little money to spend. We did get on board some very good players for very little money and hopefully, we may get some more in January. But we must be patient and lower our expectations. The Premier is a faraway land atm, but if we continue to bring in the right sorts of players, our time will come again.

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    Now let me be clear....IH is not the most astute manager on earth. However, he is not that bad as most on here are making him look like. Before the season started, polls were organised on WATRB claiming that the club will be at the bottom of the league after 7 games. Do not need to argue that they were wrong. Mistakes are being made, there are no questions about that. For IH to keep insisting by Mackie is one of them. I do understand Ollie's logic. Mackie is a tireless player who never stops running and chasing defenders. But technically he is very limited. So he must be dropped and Wheeler to be given a run in the team. Sylla, lazy as he been tagged by many, is a goalscorer and can get a goal even if plays badly. I do not how many starts did he have this season, however, he is joint top scorer! I cannot see many problems with how the team is playing, other that we have too high expectations. Nearly everyone knows that we are in a transition period with very little money to spend. We did get on board some very good players for very little money and hopefully, we may get some more in January. But we must be patient and lower our expectations. The Premier is a faraway land atm, but if we continue to bring in the right sorts of players, our time will come again.
    Couldn't agree more. Ollie is doing an amazing job.

Comment

So why hasn't Mackie been dropped? Why is he still being played?

Comment

Is this a thank you Ian Holloway thread??

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
          Just got in and shock horror the 1st post I read is plain common sense every word spot on , yes we have some real crap players but they were here before Ollie we have an incomplete squad Sylla gets his share of goals I don't know if wheeler is ready or fit enough to make a regular step up is Ollie nursing up to 1team level ? But one thing is certain most people that go to games would have accepted what wer'e doing before the season started bearing in mind the two and a half previous years of complete lifeless boring shambolic dross

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Is this a thank you Ian Holloway thread??
            Don't think so Westy just a very good opinion

Comment

I agree with martin & doggs but this will get hammered for speaking up, just hope we get a much needed win at home to ease the pressure! and if we do old furtives post count will ease up along with his really funny original sarcasm
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Cannot disagree with the watching dross bit on the field but right now we are watching the manager basically doing the same as no way in a million years should Mackie be picked to start as I prefer strikers to score and not just charge around the pitch.

Comment

This is the real complaint, and it's a justified one. Does anyone really think that either Mackie or Washington will evolve into a more consistent striker? If so, given all the games they've played, on what evidence? Ollie is not to be faulted for trying them, given our options, but he should be questioned as to why he keeps playing them. Like "yeah, yeah, they don's score much but they do other things". Are we really okay having strikers on the field we believe have little chance to score whenever they touch the ball? Why not promote Greco-Cox and (when back) Eze and Oteh? Why not start Wheeler with Syllla? The worse thing they could do is not score like Mackie and Washington. How 'bout finding this out, given we're getting close to giving up on this season anyway?

Comment

I was jesting Dogs

Comment

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...e%5B%5D=tablet

Comment

i don't get the high expectations people have , this season was to finish around mid table and that's where we'll finish ( hopefully) . we are little QPR with our 12,000 crowds we've just nicked points at sunderland and bolton two tough away games . our team work ethic is good and you can see the players trying their hardest , but we are where we are because this is how good we are . we have no right to rock up anywhere and think we are going to get 3 points . all anyone can ask is all 11 players walk off the pitch every week having done their best for the club , our club

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          i don't get the high expectations people have , this season was to finish around mid table and that's where we'll finish ( hopefully) . we are little QPR with our 12,000 crowds we've just nicked points at sunderland and bolton two tough away games . our team work ethic is good and you can see the players trying their hardest , but we are where we are because this is how good we are . we have no right to rock up anywhere and think we are going to get 3 points . all anyone can ask is all 11 players walk off the pitch every week having done their best for the club , our club
                          This 100%

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                            i have pretty low expectations. Like playing the best team you can and not persisting with a toothless, blunt attack and picking Mackie every f reaking game.

Comment

He's fkin useless. End of.

We all knew how it was gonna turn out as soon as we heard his name mentioned.

No shocks here.

Comment

Working...
                              X