Unfair on Ollie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    i have pretty low expectations. Like playing the best team you can and not persisting with a toothless, blunt attack and picking Mackie every f reaking game.
    holloway must think he's playing his best team , there is no guarantee any other team he picks will win or do any better , agree mackie should be dropped

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
      holloway must think he's playing his best team , there is no guarantee any other team he picks will win or do any better , agree mackie should be dropped
      If he thinks that he's wrong. We all know that. Results and performances prove that. Everyone thinks Mackie sd be benchmeat. No exceptions. Except Ollie.

Comment

Ollie sees Mackie in himself hence why he sticks by him the piano mover

Comment

Squad is actually quite good.
          All fight for each other and no bad apples.
          Resilient bunch.
          Can only lay blame on Ollie for not winning the last few games.
          Im no manager and i cant be certain but i reckon we would have a lot more points and wins with Smith playing more and Mackie less and used as an impact sub.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Squad is actually quite good.
            All fight for each other and no bad apples.
            Resilient bunch.
            Can only lay blame on Ollie for not winning the last few games.
            Im no manager and i cant be certain but i reckon we would have a lot more points and wins with Smith playing more and Mackie less and used as an impact sub.

Agree. He sets up teams all wrong, wrong line ups, poor subs, he's gone!

Comment

Assisted by his bright spark number 2

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                Assisted by his bright spark number 2
                Another fist pumper superfan

Comment

Why would you listen to him as a coach? Ever seen him during the warm up. Most enjoyable part of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                    i don't get the high expectations people have , this season was to finish around mid table and that's where we'll finish ( hopefully) . we are little QPR with our 12,000 crowds we've just nicked points at sunderland and bolton two tough away games . our team work ethic is good and you can see the players trying their hardest , but we are where we are because this is how good we are . we have no right to rock up anywhere and think we are going to get 3 points . all anyone can ask is all 11 players walk off the pitch every week having done their best for the club , our club
                    Whilst I agree partly with what you say the 2 tough away games were against the bottom 2 teams, so you can understand fans frustrations. On another day we could have won both games comfortably and probably should have done. Olly’s record is not good reading either but I do expect us to stay up comfortably however he needs to get some wins and soon or we will be sucked into a relegation battle again.

Comment

His transfer windows have been spot on and the pre season where we came out guns blazing against last seasons play off finalists. We’ve reduced the average age of the squad and we have fitter and hungrier players than we’ve had for years. We compete every game and are resilient when going behind. This squad doesn’t give up and that’s why I think we’ll stay up.

However, without a decent striker addition and Hall back in the side I can’t see us competing in the top half. If he continues playing mackie we will continue to draw lots of games and fans will continue calling for his head.

Why doesn’t he play wheeler or why didn’t he give Eze a chance only he will know. Personally I would rather see Freeman behind Sylla with either manning or cousins making up the 3 centre mids than watching and hearing about mackie’s bluntness again. I had high hopes for Washington but my fears after all those missed chances against Reading and how he played when called upon last season have come true. He just doesn’t score enough goals for a striker.

In January we must bring back Eze and break the bank as a one off and bring in someone like Austin who will shoot us up the table.

Holloway is the right man for now, that I’m sure of.

Comment

what has irked me with ollie is the lack of any consistency. we've played well but dropped points when we really shouldn't have like millwall, burton, sunderland and now bolton. pure and simple we should have won at least 2 of those especially given our upcoming run of games. i get we've had a lot of injuries at the back and ollie can't be blamed for that, hes actually handled it really well but the rest of his team selections have been off. like yesterday for example, coming up against a team with the second worst goal difference we should have started with someone on the left whos attacking minded and suited to that position like shodipo. shodipo has just cone back from an injury and has scored 4 or 5 goals in 3 games for our u23s including a hat trick against charlton but instead ollie decides playing manning completely out of position is a better fit? then after only 37 minutes he decides to sub him off and bring conor on? makes 0 sense to me.
                        then to top it all off he plays mackie AGAIN up front despite mackie missing more shots than an entire team of conor washingtons, heck, i forget that mackies even playing sometimes when i'm not at a game until i hear the commentator screams about mackie missing another shot. its just a whole long list of things that is ollies responsibility, not giving sylla and wheeler a chance is another stupid one given our lack of teeth up front.

at the end of the day, yes hes had us playing good stuff but we've not been winning those games because hes not playing the right team from the get go and when he realises that we get a whole tonne of tweaks during the game until something clicks and we get manage to claw back a goal. if we can see the problems on every teamsheet then how the hell can't ollie?

our next 8 games are all gunna be tough ones for us, maybe ollie will pull something out of his bag of tricks and pick up points against the better teams but the next 8 fixtures are considerably harder than our last 8 thats for sure and whilst i love ollie and want him to do a good job he could easily get the sack during the next 8 games imo

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                          Whilst I agree partly with what you say the 2 tough away games were against the bottom 2 teams, so you can understand fans frustrations. On another day we could have won both games comfortably and probably should have done. Olly’s record is not good reading either but I do expect us to stay up comfortably however he needs to get some wins and soon or we will be sucked into a relegation battle again.
                          We are IN a relegation battle already, with high flying wolves and sheff Utd up next,I fully expect it to be NO wins in 9 fixtures, if that isn’t relegation form I don’t know what is ?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Ollie sees Mackie in himself hence why he sticks by him the piano mover
                            Ollie should not pick the team based on after match wishes

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                              Now let me be clear....IH is not the most astute manager on earth. However, he is not that bad as most on here are making him look like. Before the season started, polls were organised on WATRB claiming that the club will be at the bottom of the league after 7 games. Do not need to argue that they were wrong. Mistakes are being made, there are no questions about that. For IH to keep insisting by Mackie is one of them. I do understand Ollie's logic. Mackie is a tireless player who never stops running and chasing defenders. But technically he is very limited. So he must be dropped and Wheeler to be given a run in the team. Sylla, lazy as he been tagged by many, is a goalscorer and can get a goal even if plays badly. I do not how many starts did he have this season, however, he is joint top scorer! I cannot see many problems with how the team is playing, other that we have too high expectations. Nearly everyone knows that we are in a transition period with very little money to spend. We did get on board some very good players for very little money and hopefully, we may get some more in January. But we must be patient and lower our expectations. The Premier is a faraway land atm, but if we continue to bring in the right sorts of players, our time will come again.
                              Good post Malta, we do have very high expectations on here which is understandable but not realistic. The key for me is keeping the ship in order and not keep making knee jerk decisions because a few games have gone wrong. Ollie is passionate no doubting, who else is going to take on the job and put more effort in? We have tried and failed with so called younger hungry managers and we have tried old tarts and that failed too. We must have stability this season for the sake of the club, it is something we haven't tried since Ollie was last here. We as fans must be patient, no matter how much it hurts to lose or draw when we should win. I genuinely believe we are heading in the right direction, new players, youngsters etc.
                              On the subject of Mackie, he does cause a lot of grief to fans, he isn't the most skilful we all know and in my opinion he should only be used as a last 10 minute sub at best. He has loads of energy which should cause the opposition problems when he comes on. I am sure Ollie watches back all our games several times after and he should see what everyone else sees but others need to take their chance when given it and show that they can hold down that role he is supposed to be playing. Us fans just need to be patient, I would hate another manager to go when we are clearly in a transition period. Every time we change, the transition period extends and so goes the endless circle of failure.
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                                we do have very high expectations on here which is understandable but not realistic
                                Wrong!!

1) I and many others do not have high expectations. Why would we???? We have no money, a poor manager & coach, bang average players, low crowds & are languishing near the bottom of the table! How could anyone with a brain have high expectations with all that?

2) Is it a lot to ask to win ONE away game from home? To give new signings a chance? To drop players who consistently underperform? To play players in the right positions? To use players we've brought in on loan for a second time?

Need I go on?

This is not the rantings of an unrealistic fan my friend, trust me I expect nothing from this lot at the moment but I would like answers to the things I pointed out. It's called realism.

Comment

Working...
                                X