Players released.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
    Phuck, I’d forgot all about Rio ‘I’m a boxer now’ Ferdinand. What were they thinking with that signing? Insanity.
    Well him signing convinced future England regular Steven Caulker to come. Rio was the experienced head, marshaling the backline and teaching Caulker his ways.

We played Hull first game of the season, Rio made a mistake which led to a goal. Charlie missed a late penalty to equalize. It all went downhill from there.

Comment

In fact Rio was another high profile player that retired soon after leaving us. Most of those players were so near to the end of their careers and we served as an 'elderly home.'

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
        In fact Rio was another high profile player that retired soon after leaving us. Most of those players were so near to the end of their careers and we served as an 'elderly home.'
        easy pickings for hasbeens

Comment

Traore? Now he did have the assets required to be a player but never seemed to get over being binned by ####. Good athlete, pace and skill, good crosser of the ball....perfect wing back potential. Just didn't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
            Traore? Now he did have the assets required to be a player but never seemed to get over being binned by ####. Good athlete, pace and skill, good crosser of the ball....perfect wing back potential. Just didn't do it.
            Strangely, Forest have been playing him as a left sided centre back. Work that one out!

Had plenty of ability did Armand, attitude I think was probably the issue. Warnock talks about him a bit in his autobiography. Apparently he was forever declaring himself unfit for suspect reasons, or small knocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
              That's the one. But can recall a long list of other players that either retired or ended in oblivion. The likes of DJ Campbell, Dyer, Ben Haim, Nelson, Hulse, Krancjar, Chevanton, Jenas, Benayoun and Bothroyd. Jesus....no wonder we ended in such a financial mess!
              He turned out alright though didn't he? Saved us quite a few times.
              You support QPR?!?!

– Every Australian Ever

Comment

The point I am trying to make is that most of the players signed were all a 'short-term solution.' We never planned long term. At least now we have a squad that can develop and we have some players that may have their valuation growing by the minute. And of course, they are still young and not a financial burden on the club.

Comment

Armand Traroe let's not forget that lazy ###### & Chimbonda. Another waste of space with attitude.

Comment

Bad enough signing Traore but to re sign him after Wembley sums the club up in a nutshell

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                      Bad enough signing Traore but to re sign him after Wembley sums the club up in a nutshell
                      And the saggy faced crook!

Perfect time to say thank you & goodbye. Wembley was amazing but was probably the most boring season of football I've ever had to endure and I've seen some tripe over the years!

Comment

And good old Green on 55k a week. And everyone wonders why we are skint. 105k a week on those two clowns sums up the club.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                          And good old Green on 55k a week. And everyone wonders why we are skint. 105k a week on those two clowns sums up the club.
                          Green & casaer however its spelt, that was the most ridiculas thing having two goalies on massive wages! but was exciting at the time buying these players, but has cost us big time or the owners.
                          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Green was so bad towards the end too!

Comment

145k a week between them. All sanctioned by Fernandes whose face was at every signing during that pre season.

Comment

i remember when ned rolled up at the club , he was looking for a 5 bed gaff in barnes how many kids do u have we asked he didn't have any . he was looking to buy but went somewhere else , thought at the time we must be paying him bundles as he wanted to move to the old harrods furniture warehouse sight over looking the thames

Comment

Working...
                                X