No announcement yet.

Players released.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“The likes of DJ Campbell, Dyer, Ben Haim, Nelson, Hulse, Krancjar, Chevanton, Jenas, Benayoun and Bothroyd.”

Man, what a collection of complete and utter dross.

Comment

Whats that former England centre half that we signed up to nowadays? What was his name.......... Caulker or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
        “The likes of DJ Campbell, Dyer, Ben Haim, Nelson, Hulse, Krancjar, Chevanton, Jenas, Benayoun and Bothroyd.”

To be fair though, most fans recognised all of those signings as dross at the time. It's the ones like SWP, Hoilett, Bosingwa, Cesar, Diakite, Samba, Park, Granero, Caulker etc. that grate on me. Players that came with huge fanfare and should really have been good, but all turned out to be an utter waste of money!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          Samba Diakite.......wonder what he's up to now?

Probably living like a king somewhere off the millions of quid we paid him for keeping the bench warm for 4 years!
          Picturing him acting as some tribal chief in a remote village in Mali something like this....

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Except Nelson..

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              To be fair though, most fans recognised all of those signings as dross at the time. It's the ones like SWP, Hoilett, Bosingwa, Cesar, Diakite, Samba, Park, Granero, Caulker etc. that grate on me. Players that came with huge fanfare and should really have been good, but all turned out to be an utter waste of money!
              i remember running into swp and bothroyd outside the club shop had my photo done with them , both of them really friendly . shaun said to me " i can't hit a barn door at the moment" we've noticed i replied . nice to see u on your feet i said to jay and he laughed

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                Except Nelson..
                Ryan Nelsen was a great player for those few months he was here to be fair. One of very few signed in that period who actually exceeded expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                  That's the one. But can recall a long list of other players that either retired or ended in oblivion. The likes of DJ Campbell, Dyer, Ben Haim, Nelson, Hulse, Krancjar, Chevanton, Jenas, Benayoun and Bothroyd. Jesus....no wonder we ended in such a financial mess!
                  Even then, we signed Helguson before we got to the Premier League. He helped won us the Championship.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                    Except Nelson..
                    Benayoun did alright in the Championship for us. Scored a few important goals. As did Kranjcar.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      Benayoun did alright in the Championship for us. Scored a few important goals. As did Kranjcar.
                      Actually thought Jenas wasn't that bad either....when he wasn't injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Actually thought Jenas wasn't that bad either....when he wasn't injured.
                        We must stop agreeing like this!

Comment

Not Nelsen. He was brilliant for us. Remember a home game when we all sang that 'he plays on his own'. Other all dross, however. Lots more too. Mutch; Caulker; etc etc.....

Comment

Nico had good and bad times with us.

Majority of those players looked good on paper when we signed them. Easy to criticise with hindsight.

We just seemed to have the perfect storm of wrong people at wrong time being managed by the managerial equivalents. Pretty depressing times.

At least most now gone and we have a good bunch of lads showing some pride in the shirt. Ollie has worked wonders since his return.

Comment

Our playoff winning team under HR were actually ok. Fair few older players who could never make the step up to the Prem but many came in and did a decent job for us. That was the start of the club continually pushing the #rightsort and younger players route. We turned down signing Joleon Lescott at the time. Still ended up signing Rio though

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                                Our playoff winning team under HR were actually ok. Fair few older players who could never make the step up to the Prem but many came in and did a decent job for us. That was the start of the club continually pushing the #rightsort and younger players route. We turned down signing Joleon Lescott at the time. Still ended up signing Rio though
                                Phuck, I’d forgot all about Rio ‘I’m a boxer now’ Ferdinand. What were they thinking with that signing? Insanity.

Comment

Working...
                                X