Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11 games in...

Here's what we've learned:
    • Despite massive injuries, no RB or Grant Hall, and now Onouha- and Perch-less, our defense has been half decent -- Furlong not progressing fast enough; badly need to find RB in January window
    • Our midfield maestros (Luongo, Freeman and Scown) are growing better by the game, and controlling more games than ever -- Luongo on verge of becoming a scorer, Freeman already there
    • Washington and Mackie are admirable for their hustle but abominable for their punch -- play Wheeler next to Sylla, use Smith for 2nd half heroics, promote Eze (when back) & Greco-Cox (when ready)
    • Platoon Manning and (when fit) Shodipo and (a thus far disappointing) Pawel
    • FORGET N'gbakoto (no confidence), Cousins (a bust thus far) and Lua Lua (not the same player as last year); trade Petrasso;
    • Ollie's spirit is awesome, but his selections and game tactics questionable -- time for him to know that even in a rebuilding phase he's not safe if we skid into lower table mediocrity

Good summary.

Comment

We are 12 games in.... P12 W3 D5 L4

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
        • FORGET N'gbakoto (no confidence), Cousins (a bust thus far) and Lua Lua (not the same player as last year);
        Agree with everything except these two bullets Tanpa. All those players you mentioned have either been incorrectly or under utilised by Ollie or are returning from injury - so either way it's far too early to 'platoon' or 'forget' after only 12 games.

Comment

I agree with you Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush
            Isn't Wheeler a winger not a striker? Heard someone else say put him up front with Sylla.

If anything, play Sylla and Smith up front and swap Pav for Wheeler.
            He is a winger but did score a lot of goals for Exeter. V impressive stats for them.

Comment

The big suprise is Holloway always picking Mackie? Anyone could see we would struggle for goals so not sure how that was not addressed before the season started.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                Here's what we've learned:
                • Despite massive injuries, no RB or Grant Hall, and now Onouha- and Perch-less, our defense has been half decent -- Furlong not progressing fast enough; badly need to find RB in January window
                • Our midfield maestros (Luongo, Freeman and Scown) are growing better by the game, and controlling more games than ever -- Luongo on verge of becoming a scorer, Freeman already there
                • Washington and Mackie are admirable for their hustle but abominable for their punch -- play Wheeler next to Sylla, use Smith for 2nd half heroics, promote Eze (when back) & Greco-Cox (when ready)
                • FORGET N'gbakoto (no confidence), Cousins (a bust thus far) and Lua Lua (not the same player as last year); trade Petrasso;
                • Ollie's spirit is awesome, but his selections and game tactics questionable -- time for him to know that even in a rebuilding phase he's not safe if we skid into lower table mediocrity
                i agree with most of that

Comment

I agree with that and also Stanley's and comments and 1973 Rangers' too

I think Wheeler played some games as a centre forward last season for Exeter, hence why I also suggested him alongside Wheeler in another thread. He can't do any worse than Mackie or Washington in that position.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    I agree with that and also Stanley's and comments and 1973 Rangers' too

I think Wheeler played some games as a centre forward last season for Exeter, hence why I also suggested him alongside Wheeler in another thread. He can't do any worse than Mackie or Washington in that position.
                    Totally agree with this. Mackie and Washington are hustlers without a hunch for how to score. We won't progress if we harbor hopes of scoring no better than one goal a game. Wheeler is enticing, Eze is as well when back, and after all what do we have to lose given our offensive anemia?

Comment

A good summary...

Does anyone else think we have no speed in the team? Also, should give the youth a chance...much cheaper than bringing in players, plus sends a good message to any kid thinking of coming here, will show there's a path to the first team.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                        A good summary...

Does anyone else think we have no speed in the team? Also, should give the youth a chance...much cheaper than bringing in players, plus sends a good message to any kid thinking of coming here, will show there's a path to the first team.
                        Yes, and yes. Speed up front, and at the corner backs could exhaust the other team by game's end there way we now play.

Comment

Working...
                        X