No announcement yet.

What's with the 'lazy' Sylla talk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More articles today linking him with both Swansea and Wolves. Really hope he doesn't leave.
    "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

Find it really strange that a premiership club would want one of our substitutes who cant get a start in the team that are the massive favourites for relegation to division three.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorM1882 View Post
        More articles today linking him with both Swansea and Wolves. Really hope he doesn't leave.
        They recognise value and a genuine goalscorer.

Penrice must have missed him.

Comment

hull set up really defensive , smith made the difference . dawson had won everything in the air , smith got amongst them , unsettled them and should have scored from 2 headers '

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Find it really strange that a premiership club would want one of our substitutes who cant get a start in the team that are the massive favourites for relegation to division three.
            Agree kev. Can't see it myself

Comment

We best not sell sylla, what would be the point unless we got the right price for him, but we need to keep him as hes our most valuable asset plus will bag goals for fun, could be the difference to us even getting nearly into the play offs!
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                We best not sell sylla, what would be the point unless we got the right price for him, but we need to keep him as hes our most valuable asset plus will bag goals for fun, could be the difference to us even getting nearly into the play offs!
                Agree intention has to be keep but what price is the tipping point where club would say got take that

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Agree intention has to be keep but what price is the tipping point where club would say got take that
                  Apparently looking at spending 2m on an Iranian that plays in Sweden. Surely we don't massively need to sell
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                    Personally think Smith changed then game more than Sylla did. His aerial presence caused them untold problems today.
                    Spot on. Dawson was having an easy day until Smith came on.

Personally would swap Washington for Sylla. Just think Sylla has got that bit about him in the box that Washington doesn't.

Thing I liked about Sylla is that he was encouraging the team while he was warming up on the touchline. Spirit in the squad is immense.
                    Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 20-08-2017, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Wonder if it's anything to do with work permits etc? Just doesn't make sense from a footballing perspective

Comment

What's with the 'lazy' Sylla talk?

The 'lazy' tag applies more to people who jump on bandwagons and call him that because everyone else is doing it, and don't think for themselves. He's a striker who gets in the right places at the right times. He's not an Ollie roadrunner who burns himself out running around in the wrong places at the wrong times. He's where the goals are, that's his style, Ollie seems to have a problem with that, because it interferes with his total team pressing obsession. Sylla should be allowed to prioritise what he does best, scoring goals. Give the man respect. If Ollie's not careful, we'll lose him and see him shine somewhere else.

Last edited by Olly; 15-10-2017, 12:02 PM.

Comment

played well yesterday. put himself about a bit, put in a shift, was a menace - really encouraging to see. i'm not one of the 'lazy' mob, but to be fair, he doesn't always do that.

Comment

I don’t actually think he is lazy. When your playing up top alone and your closing down and CB pass around you it makes you look lazy and that applies to everyone not just Sylla

Our dumbo manager however choose to focus comments and views on players publicly and we got some fans who hang on his every word and regurgitate it like it’s fact

Comment

Not being English doesn't help him when it comes to fan opinions. Washington seems to get away with a lot despite so many poor performances.

Comment

Like Sylla and think he puts himself about just needs to stop hitting the deck. Best finisher we have so a run in the side is a must.

Comment

Working...
                                X