What's with the 'lazy' Sylla talk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Olly View Post
    The 'lazy' tag applies more to people who jump on bandwagons and call him that because everyone else is doing it, and don't think for themselves. He's a striker who gets in the right places at the right times. He's not an Ollie roadrunner who burns himself out running around in the wrong places at the wrong times. He's where the goals are, that's his style, Ollie seems to have a problem with that, because it interferes with his total team pressing obsession. Sylla should be allowed to prioritise what he does best, scoring goals. Give the man respect. If Ollie's not careful, we'll lose him and see him shine somewhere else.

P orn for Hitman..... Enjoy, fella

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      Like Sylla and think he puts himself about just needs to stop hitting the deck. Best finisher we have so a run in the side is a must.
      Agree does love a lie down during play

Comment

We are a better, more hustling, more midfield controlling team than we've been in years. But once the ball gets up top, we've come to expect little to nothing. Mackie with the ball? Not gonna score. Connor? Nope. Petrasso? Gotta be kidding. What we need to do in the short term is obvious: start Sylla and Wheeler. Use Smith as a sub for the final 25 minutes in every game. Then pray that by the end of January we either have recruited a striking dynamo, or that Eze continues to improve and is ready for first team ball. Can you imagine if we had a McGeady on QPR? Can u say playoffs?
        Last edited by Qprtanpa1; 15-10-2017, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
          Like Sylla and think he puts himself about just needs to stop hitting the deck. Best finisher we have so a run in the side is a must.

this, it's the only annoying thing about him. Always looking for a foul, needs to try and stay on his feet a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
            Not being English doesn't help him when it comes to fan opinions. Washington seems to get away with a lot despite so many poor performances.
            Oh daamnnn, the bomb has been dropped here. almost two years in the making, but this comment holds true to this day. English and British players tend to get an extra bit of support, Washington as the biggest advocate of this theory. Btw, another shot straight at the keeper yesterday.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Oh daamnnn, the bomb has been dropped here. almost two years in the making, but this comment holds true to this day. English and British players tend to get an extra bit of support, Washington as the biggest advocate of this theory. Btw, another shot straight at the keeper yesterday.
              Unfair perception that African players are a bit lazy sometimes I think but absolutely fed up with Washington...all muscle, zero skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                Unfair perception that African players are a bit lazy sometimes I think but absolutely fed up with Washington...all muscle, zero skill.
                I'll give him one thing. Solid first touch, truly a very nice first touch. Every touch after that is useless though
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

sylla our best option for goals , needs to stop falling over and trying to get fouls . when he loses the ball i'd like to see him try and get it back instead of whining to the the ref

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    P orn for Hitman..... Enjoy, fella
                    😃😃😃😃
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Wonder why hes never tried sylla and smith?
                      Trust our midfield to do the running about i reckon.

Comment

English and British players tend to get an extra bit of support.
                        Crikey, tell that to Ben Gladwin....

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Crikey, tell that to Ben Gladwin....
                          Innit.

Comment

I agree.

Neither Washington or Mackie should be stating as centre forwards for QPR ahead of the likes of Sylla, Wheeler or Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Perhaps because he wants his forwards to run around harassing the defenders until they are too tired to get into the box and finish off the chances the midfield create.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                Yeah I'll agree with that. I'm a believer that Sylla does more coming off the bench but at the same time im sick to the back teeth of Mackie and Washington. Both the same player, can't fault their effort and can't ever say they don't try hard, but strikers are supposed to score goals.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2