Sunderland 1 QPR 1 **Match Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
    The manager has the options of choosing from young Bright, Wheeler, Lua Lua etc., but continues to pick those two that slow everything down. Had plenty of opportunity and time today to make the right changes when we were in front which would have caused them different problems. Instead he did nothing, resulting in them getting back into it from nowhere.

Overall, there's no doubt that we outplayed them for most of the match. But that's not good enough when up against such a poor side. Sorry mate, but we can all think of at least 3 games where we should have comfortably picked up 3 points but dropped at least 2. Had we not have done, we would be on 20 points and in the play off places. I appreciate that there's still a long way to go in a long season, but we are starting to lose touch which is becoming harder and harder to take each time, particularly when you look at the poor sides we have been up against.

It's getting to the point whereby there's almost no other possibility other than finising between 12th to 18th. It simply isn't good enough with the squad we have. You can't possibly be thinking that the likes of Sheffield Utd or Preston have better players to choose from than us, can you?
    Good post.

Bolton next week what’s a good/bad result

Comment

• I thought Sylla had a decent game today and presents the other side with lots of potential headaches. The prob is neither Mackie or Washington know how to play off of him, and even when they do have no touch or shot in the box. Would bench both; use Wheeler and Bright. Matt Smith is a solid 20-25 minute sub in the second half, and should be consistently used that way, but IMHO is not a starter. Short of scoring a scorer in the transfer window, would advance Shodipo and Eze and Greco-Cox into the first time come January. Crime of this is that our midfield looks solid, our defense despite huge injury problems is holding relatively firm, and Smithies is awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
        I thought Sylla had a decent game today and presents the other side with lots of potential headaches.
        Crappie, washingshyte, same old same old.

Nothing to add to what has been said before.

#utterturd
        Last edited by Stanley; 14-10-2017, 06:19 PM. Reason: Fixed quotes
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Still got to play the decent sides yet if we can't beat sides like Sunderland and Burton God help us.

Comment

• Wasting chances has been our problem all season. And for more seasons than I can remember. Should have brought smith on to give them something to think about. Let’s not beat around the bush Sunderland have not won a single league game at home in nearly 300 days. Glad we didn’t do the normal rangers thing and gift it to them but we can’t just keep saying we’ve got to take our chances. If the players at that end of the field were good enough we’d be taking them already. Don’t expect things to improve in front of goal until we sign someone to put the ball in the net. Footballs a simple game but we’ve got no one(Sylla aside when he fancies it) that scores consistently. And that’s that. Sad but true

Comment

• Thanks for tidying up my post Stan
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Good post.

Bolton next week what’s a good/bad result
                A draw

Comment

• Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                  A draw
                  I think we got win. Away form is abysmal if we can’t put Sunderland and Bolton away we’re in trouble just relying on home form

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    I think we got win. Away form is abysmal if we can’t put Sunderland and Bolton away we’re in trouble just relying on home form
                    I thought we had to win today myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger
                      Our finishing was a joke today. Sunderland were woeful and there for the taking.

Holloway said:

"If we had got that second goal, that might have killed them stone dead. We bossed it. For the away team, we played really well.

"The biggest difference was the substitutions that Simon has the capacity to make. Sometimes, that can make a big difference in this division.

"We lost Jack Robinson in the week and that was a big blow because he has been excellent for us. Last year, our goalkeeper had to make save after save in a lot of games for us."

However, far surpassing this is the utter tripe spouted by Simon Grayson:

"It was a great goal from Aiden, and we looked like the only team that were going to win it once we got back into it. But of course you're disappointed because you want to be picking up three points at home."

God only knows what game he was watching.

Comment

• We had the capability to bring on Matt Smith but didn't. We all know how good he is in the air and the problems he can cause a tired defence when coming on as sub. A bit like Zamora used to. But Ollie didn't take that chance. We also have Wheeler on the bench who really hasn't been given a chance to prove himself. Yet we continue to stick with the lacklustre Mackie and Washington from the bench. Ollie really must see something different than 95% of the fanbase is seeing.

Comment

• Oh and Sandro got sent off today for Antalyaspor with two yellow cards in the 26th and 28th min. Lololololol.

Comment

• Ollie's persistence with failed strategies should tell everyone what many suspected from the moment he was hired. He is not making the most of the limited resources available.

Watford have got the right idea. If the incumbent is not up to the job get rid sooner rather than later. That sounds harsh, but it is the simple reality these days for many clubs. There just isn't the time to hang around hoping someone will finally get it. We've done that before..... Clearly, our board are satisfied with the current status quo.

I remember when Silva was top of my wanted list as posted on here. At that time there was not a queue of EPL clubs after him. We appointed JFH. I don't think any young manager with potential would come here these days, our limited ambitions are there for all to see. The fact that we should be winning these games is good, but the fact that we can't make the necessary adjustments to take three points when they're bent over in front of us is poor.
                            Last edited by hal9thou; 14-10-2017, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• I think we're just waiting out FFP and the remit is 'don't get relegated." Doesn't matter who the manager is as long as we finish 21st or above.

Comment

• 4 points out of the last 18 should be f#cked off out of it with the rest of the backroom staff.

Comment

Working...
                                X