Grego Cox grabs a hat trick for Ireland u21s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    So you don't think 4 matches is enough for someone to show what they can do & seize their chance when it's presented to them??

Agree with you jimmy we should give him a chance if he gets one like any other player, if our strikers arent scoring we should to add competition to them, as a youngster hes going to be gunning for it so hopefully hungry, i know i would
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

So you don't think 4 matches is enough for someone to show what they can do & seize their chance when it's presented to them??

Nope. I'd be inclined to say it would probably take 3-4 games to form an understanding with the rest of the team / adapt to the pace of the game at a level above what you are used to.

If you can hit a goal or two straight off then that's fantastic but to bring what you can do at your current level to a level above would take more than 4 games IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Nope. I'd be inclined to say it would probably take 3-4 games to form an understanding with the rest of the team / adapt to the pace of the game at a level above what you are used to.

If you can hit a goal or two straight off then that's fantastic but to bring what you can do at your current level to a level above would take more than 4 games IMO.
        He trains every day with these players. You do realise that don't you?

Like Sir Alex Ferguson used to say 'games are won on the training ground'

As a young player if you can't make an impression after 4 full games then you may as well pack the game in.

No one is expecting him to score. What I do expect is a good strong performance or two, tenacity, guile, effort and good decision making. If he can show some or all of that he will have proved he can be a player we can call on.

It's really not rocket science.

Comment

That should be more than enough, after all, Washington started 7 games after his opening day brace where he misfired in each one...RGC can't do any worse.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            That should be more than enough, after all, Washington started 7 games after his opening day brace where he misfired in each one...RGC can't do any worse.
            Agree Stan.

If someone can’t see after 4 whole games if a player can offer the team something or not give up watching football.

Comment

Agree Stan.

If someone can’t see after 4 whole games if a player can offer the team something or not give up watching football.
              True.

Going back to previous young strikers' early games for QPR, you could see the likes of Clive & Bradley Allen, Dichio, Gallen and more recently, Jones who all managed to score and give something to the team.

So yes, 4 games should be enough to get a decent idea if he has the quality to be a 1st team striker, especially if the team is performing reasonably well and creating chances for him.

Comment

Although I'm always hearing how he's scored in the reserves and for Ireland, I can't help thinking this lad will never be a first team fixture for us.
                We have mackie and washington! !

Comment

He trains every day with these players. You do realise that don't you? .
                  I do, yep. I've also seen a load of mis-communication between players on a matchday.....

Comment

I've also seen a load of mis-communication between players on a matchday.....
                    And RGC has played in how many of those matchdays?

Comment

Working...
                    X