Book recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
    oh well may as well get a copy as well as young master 'flick to kick' is down to his last 5 mill!
    I do like the young bit Facto......! On Thursday I will be exactly three years off getting old g I t concession at the cinema. Already been eligible for Saga products for nearly eight years! Never touched them though!
    As for the 5mill........lets just say...and....I WISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Historic fiction I.e. Leon Uris.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

I read a lot of non fiction, best this year has been 'hell's prisoner' by Christopher parnell. About a guy banged up in Indonesia. Sickening and hilarious. Would recommend it highly. Currently reading 'ooh ah stantona' by footballer Phil stant who after serving in the Falklands war went on to become a fairly successful lower league player in the 80's and 90's.
        Nothing to prove

Comment

Novels written by John Hart. He is a good storyteller.
          A very important book to read is the one about the Swedish fireman who did almost lose 100 percent of his skin in job-accident. His name is Robert Gustavson.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Novels written by John Hart. He is a good storyteller. Makes then real.
            A very important book to read is the one about the Swedish fireman who did almost lose 100 percent of his skin in job-accident. His name is Lasse Gustavson. Edit: he has written a several books on the subject of how to cope with losing your "parts" of you identity.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              Novels written by John Hart. He is a good storyteller. Makes then real.
              A very important book to read is the one about the Swedish fireman who did almost lose 100 percent of his skin in job-accident. His name is Lasse Gustavson. Edit: he has written a several books on the subject of how to cope with losing your "parts" of you identity.
              What brought that on Shania ? dont exactly sound a laugh a minute
              Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Ive just read " Dear Boy" the biography of Keith Moon , found it very interesting

Comment

Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/review...rsor=1&sort=rd

Have a look @ this one ..........

I've heard it's a belter
                  Originally posted by twranger View Post
                  Well thank you NW .....the cheque is the post!
                  tbh I decided to steer well clear of the blatant self publicity plug myself on this thread, so left it well alone!
                  Hoped someone would do it for me....cheers!
                  Now Now Now TW .............................. being in the building trade, I'd prefer 'bangers & mash' !
                  "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                  For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Just bought meself Sir Alan Sugar's autobio - anybody read that?
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      Just bought meself Sir Alan Sugar's autobio - anybody read that?
                      Lord Sugar ,Matty . You know he gets all grumpy if you only call him sir, with regret your fired

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
                        Lord Sugar ,Matty . You know he gets all grumpy if you only call him sir, with regret your fired

Oops - will slap myself on the wrist for my sins!

He's a funny old character ain't he (LORD Sugar) - I know he's come under fire before now for "bullying" but I quite like him, got alotfo admiration for his self made success.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

Oops - will slap myself on the wrist for my sins!

He's a funny old character ain't he (LORD Sugar) - I know he's come under fire before now for "bullying" but I quite like him, got alotfo admiration for his self made success.

And he`s face that looks like old roast beef ,which is always a plus

Comment

• Holiday Books

Can anyone suggest a couple of good reads please.

Thanks in advance...

Comment

• Lucky Johnny by Johnny Sherwood. Or rifleman by Rick Stroud.have a good trip.
                              "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                              London Pride is a flower that's free.
                              London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                              And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

• The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists got quite a good review in our last book club thread.

Reading some Richard Dawkins @ the moment myself
                                "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                                For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Working...
                                X