No announcement yet.

Book recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did any of you buy Tony's book, any good?

Comment

• Confederates (Thomas Keneally)
      You will die in Singapore (a true life account of a soldiers escape from the Japanese army)
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by MYU View Post
        Did any of you buy Tony's book, any good?
        It's on my Christmas list

On latest read's I've just re-read Vernon God Little by DBC Pierre. A witty satire
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Originally posted by MYU View Post
          Did any of you buy Tony's book, any good?
          Could this site donate a copy as a chrimbo prezzie to hitman.
          For all his well thought through, impartial analysis when when comes to all things ‘uncle’
          “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
          Will Danaher

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
            It's on my Christmas list

On latest read's I've just re-read Vernon God Little by DBC Pierre. A witty satire
            That's on my bookshelf Blue. Great book

Comment

• I have bought the book, Red Notice by Bill Browder. I look forward to reading it.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

• James and the giant peach is a must read
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                  Read Blood Meridian a few years ago. The only book I've ready by Cormac McCarthy I just couldn't get on with. I found it totally over the top.

Currently I'm reading Submission by Michel Houllebecq. Very clever, really nicely written - super current - set in the near future about what happens when a Muslim party wins the election in France. Think a lot of people on here might enjoy.
                  I have "Submission" on my Bookshelf and might give it a go although I`m very tired of it`s theme at the moment. On to The Blood Meridian, I did eventually manage to finish it . But like you imply; It was an extremly emotionally hard book to read. Far too violent.. I`m not sure how his other novels are, but The Road and No Country For Old Men are extremly highly rated so maybe I should give one of them a try.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    I have "Submission" on my Bookshelf and might give it a go although I`m very tired of it`s theme at the moment. On to The Blood Meridian, I did eventually manage to finish it . But like you imply; It was an extremly emotionally hard book to read. Far too violent.. I`m not sure how his other novels are, but The Road and No Country For Old Men are extremly highly rated so maybe I should give one of them a try.
                    That's also violent. It's a great film too, directed by Coen Brothers with and Javier Barden superb as the villain. It swept the Oscars that year.

Comment

• "Rude" by Katie Hopkins.
                      Was laughing out loud on the train and in the C&S the other night reading chapter 2.

*Note*
                      Probably best avoided if you are a lefty liberal snowflake, easily offended, or have no sense of humour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        That's also violent. It's a great film too, directed by Coen Brothers with and Javier Barden superb as the villain. It swept the Oscars that year.
                        That`s true, I would have a look at it. A Coen Brothers film usually bodes well. Thanks for your recommendation.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Working...
                        X