Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Oaklands update

Default Oaklands update

Work gets underway at Oaklands site

QPR co-chairmen Tony Fernandes and Ruben Gnanalingam last week welcomed Deputy Mayor for Housing James Murray to the Oaklands regeneration site on Old Oak Common Lane, where work has begun on 600 new homes in a joint venture between QPR and Genesis Housing Association.

Full article: https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...s-at-oaklands/

2. Default

Excellent news.

Originally Posted by FurtiveFox
    Excellent news.

Excellent news.
    For who?
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

At first I read it as "Orkneys"
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Excellent news.
    Why?

Originally Posted by Hitman34
    For who?
    #TheAssetStripper

The regeneration – the first major development in the Old Oak area – is part of a plan to secure QPR’s long term future by finding a sustainable new home for the club.

Fernandes told www.qpr.co.uk: “We are delighted to be working with Genesis to develop the Oaklands site.

The fact that we are creating 600 homes for Londoners, including many affordable homes, ten years in advance of HS2 shows that there is plenty that can be achieved at Old Oak well before the new high speed line is finished.

All this development will help to alleviate London’s housing crisis, as well help us achieve our ultimate goal, which is to secure the future of QPR in west London through the construction of a new stadium with sporting, community and educational facilities that are used all year round.”

Residential development to fund stadium construction has been used successfully by football clubs to create stadiums

Fernandes also confirmed that the club is still looking at possible new stadium sites. Residential development to fund stadium construction has been used successfully by other football clubs to create stadiums that can be used all year round for a variety of commercial and community uses, generating extra revenue for the club.

Loftus Road is currently the third smallest ground in the Championship, and lies virtually empty much of the year as it is not suitable for significant non-matchday use.

For who?
    I'd say it one out of several things to get the possibility to build a stadium. Almost everything today is based on repurchases, I can't see this being different. And if it is the affordable homes it is good for everyone..

10. Default

Good news story connected to club why are people moaning

Plus it actually step and access in new new OOC were first ones doing things which in my view helps in event linford stadium don’t come off. More irons in the fire the better #options

11. Default

Excellent news for QPR FC.

Originally Posted by West Acton
    Good news story connected to club why are people moaning

Plus it actually step and access in new new OOC were first ones doing things which in my view helps in event linford stadium don’t come off. More irons in the fire the better #options
    Because they canít help themselves

For who?
    How predictable
    Didn't think it would take you long hits

#anotherchancetomoan

14. Default

before Pinkie gets here I will say this would never have been possible without Ollie.

Blog Entries

before Pinkie gets here I will say this would never have been possible without Ollie.
    Made me laugh that. Will raise a few smiles