• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it have a running track around it?

Comment

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...51231.html?amp

Comment

How is this of benefit to QPR, the club, exactly? Is it because of the goodwill this generates? Surely this is purely an investment by Reuben and Tony in order to make themselves money? Or is it some kind of trust, whereby any profit accrues to the club itself? Plus is it a kind of positive PR move, in order to ingratiate QPR with the various powers that be, so that it makes it more likely permission to build the stadium will be granted? Obviously, on a basic level, affordable housing is an excellent thing, just not clear on how this works for the benefit of the club, other than in the ways I've suggested. Or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          How is this of benefit to QPR, the club, exactly? Is it because of the goodwill this generates? Surely this is purely an investment by Reuben and Tony in order to make themselves money? Or is it some kind of trust, whereby any profit accrues to the club itself? Plus is it a kind of positive PR move, in order to ingratiate QPR with the various powers that be, so that it makes it more likely permission to build the stadium will be granted? Obviously, on a basic level, affordable housing is an excellent thing, just not clear on how this works for the benefit of the club, other than in the ways I've suggested. Or am I missing something?
          Not really (at this stage), other than my speculations a few posts above.

Comment

The way it looks to me is that OOC the golden goose they were after hasn't materialised so they are looking at the next best thing, property investment.

As mentioned above cannot see any benefit to QPR itself other than the owners will make a shed load of cash.

I wait like everyone else for further developments.

Comment

I don't think property investment was ever far from the agenda. Cash & Tango? The Mittals? What was their agenda? Word was Tango had no idea what QPR are was.

And Tony? I am sure he had QPR's interests at heart, but as I say above "I don't think property investment was ever far from the agenda". He was/is a partner with the Mittals.

Comment

Is a stadium more profitable than a load of houses?

Comment

Wonder how many flats QPR are gonna actually own ? Rent em out to the academy lads ?

Comment

Kevin. I would say that a stadium with the naming rights will help get the owners their 250-300 million wastage. Briatore and Bernie did ok out of their time as they paid around 2-3 million then sold for 65. They also negotiated the largest shirt sponsor ever outside the premier league with Gulf Air.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                      well ASSUMING that tony and co aren't just using qpr to get their own foot in the door to move into real estate then lots of positives. lets just say for arguments sake that each property is worth 500k on average thats 300 million we could could raise from sales, or we could simply rent them out and get a consistent cash flow each month, heck, even more than what ticket sales would generate. loads of clubs in all sports do the same thing now, brighton, reading and harlequins all own properties near their grounds to generate more cash.
                      yes it probably is a PR move too and makes sense for that too, london is crying out for housing and i imagine this will be very positive for us in the short and long term.

if tony and co do take a slice of the pie then so what at the end of the day, they've been the ones working to bud us into a profitable business at the end of the day and what more could we ask for than being a profitable club?

Comment

Cant honestly believe people are still discussing the name of the new stadium , it really isn`t going to happen , not with this lot in charge anyway .
                        Tony has screwed up the Old Oak Common Nandos an Frankie and Bennys Stadium sponsored by Air Asia Stadium /Leisure complex , so he`s building flats on the land he ( we , QPR ,the Mittals ,whoever ) actually own .
                        Its not the comeback on readies that could have been made ( if he hadn`t been so arrogant as to try to bully Tony Mendes ). But there`s still money to be made in real estate in Inner West London , and trust me with the money he`s s punked up the wall on Rangers he ( naturally )wants some sort of return .

The new ground aint never going to happen , this is damage limitation for the people that have wasted their money mismanaging our club.
                        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Good post Vespa and will be very interesting to see if Mr Fernandes is still so passionate once he has trousered his money from the development. He lost out in East London pre Olympic Games due to the David's not wanting to trade with him so now he has West London. I would suggest that he will hang around till he gets a return and we as a club will limp on under him until a sale takes place as no one does in excess off a quarter of a billion in cold blood with looking to regain some if not all back.

Comment

If the owners are going to be sticking my around for the foreseeable future, surely better that they’re making money in their other business ventures. Some of it may just end up being spent on the club.
                            Let’s face it, if they ain’t making money elsewhere, there definitely wouldn’t be any chance of that.
                            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                            Will Danaher

Comment

I really dont know this, but what has Uncles stake in qpr have to do with the house building hes doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                I really dont know this, but what has Uncles stake in qpr have to do with the house building hes doing?
                                Well the QPR name is thrown in at every opportunity by him when discussing it so you'd have to ask him I'd say

Comment

Working...
                                X