Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oaklands update

Work gets underway at Oaklands site

QPR co-chairmen Tony Fernandes and Ruben Gnanalingam last week welcomed Deputy Mayor for Housing James Murray to the Oaklands regeneration site on Old Oak Common Lane, where work has begun on 600 new homes in a joint venture between QPR and Genesis Housing Association.

Full article: https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...s-at-oaklands/

Excellent news.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      Excellent news.
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Excellent news.
        For who?
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

At first I read it as "Orkneys"
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Excellent news.
            Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
              For who?
              #TheAssetStripper

Comment

The regeneration – the first major development in the Old Oak area – is part of a plan to secure QPR’s long term future by finding a sustainable new home for the club.

Fernandes told www.qpr.co.uk: “We are delighted to be working with Genesis to develop the Oaklands site.

The fact that we are creating 600 homes for Londoners, including many affordable homes, ten years in advance of HS2 shows that there is plenty that can be achieved at Old Oak well before the new high speed line is finished.

All this development will help to alleviate London’s housing crisis, as well help us achieve our ultimate goal, which is to secure the future of QPR in west London through the construction of a new stadium with sporting, community and educational facilities that are used all year round.”

Residential development to fund stadium construction has been used successfully by football clubs to create stadiums

Fernandes also confirmed that the club is still looking at possible new stadium sites. Residential development to fund stadium construction has been used successfully by other football clubs to create stadiums that can be used all year round for a variety of commercial and community uses, generating extra revenue for the club.

Loftus Road is currently the third smallest ground in the Championship, and lies virtually empty much of the year as it is not suitable for significant non-matchday use.

Comment

For who?
                  I'd say it one out of several things to get the possibility to build a stadium. Almost everything today is based on repurchases, I can't see this being different. And if it is the affordable homes it is good for everyone..

Comment

Good news story connected to club why are people moaning

Plus it actually step and access in new new OOC were first ones doing things which in my view helps in event linford stadium don’t come off. More irons in the fire the better #options

Comment

Excellent news for QPR FC.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Good news story connected to club why are people moaning

Plus it actually step and access in new new OOC were first ones doing things which in my view helps in event linford stadium don’t come off. More irons in the fire the better #options
                        Because they can’t help themselves

Comment

For who?
                          How predictable
                          Didn't think it would take you long hits

#anotherchancetomoan

Comment

before Pinkie gets here I will say this would never have been possible without Ollie.

Comment

before Pinkie gets here I will say this would never have been possible without Ollie.
                              Made me laugh that. Will raise a few smiles

Comment

Working...
                              X