Messages from the Chairman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Ive always read your posts jimmy, youve just ranted at me about how deluded i am when im not at all, as just said above the only reason i didnt go on about tony and the mistakes hes made which have been horrendous is cos its been done to death, but i just knew someone would take it the wrong way & pull me on it asif im cool with him spunking 300 million, just glad hes not fokked off and sold what we`ve got which admittedly before wasnt alot, but hes still here and hopefully learnt his lessons. As for saying our managers a spent force thats youre opinion, hes certainly not doing too bad getting the players to play abit now and we`ll only get better hopefully!
    Fair enough pinks. An honest and fair post. I think your wording got a few of us biting but I appreciate the detailed reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      You actually said he's also a top Chairman mate. And if you honestly believe that, then I reckon you are one of very few QPR fans that are of that opinion. But it's your opinion, and we could argue who's right til the cows come home, couldn't we?
      I meant as a person tarbie & should of said but he simply hasnt been good at the chairman role but had his pants pulled down by so called experts! But like i said before we were all enjoying the signings etc and managers he got at the time & was with all good intentions be it naive!
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

You actually said he's also a top Chairman mate. And if you honestly believe that, then I reckon you are one of very few QPR fans that are of that opinion. But it's your opinion, and we could argue who's right til the cows come home, couldn't we?
        Think ive said topman there tarboe that i can see as on my phone!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
          Fair enough pinks. An honest and fair post. I think your wording got a few of us biting but I appreciate the detailed reply.
          Nice one jimmy and yes sorry mate realised i hadnt worded it the best mate, i blame my age and needing my eyes testing

Comment

Think ive said topman there tarboe that i can see as on my phone!
            You definitely said top chairman mate. But I ain't gonna argue with you. As I say, commend your unrelenting optimism. Even if I don't agree with a lot of your opinions.

Comment

for me hes a top man and owner, its good to have people in charge who genuinely care.
              Is that he said, just to clear that one up :-)

Comment

What is this myth of having his pants pulled down? Fernandes was heavily involved in most if not all the transfers during the 18 months of madness. He is not nearly as daft or gullible as most think or believe him to be. The wreckless spending was down to him as our chairman and not Phil Baird as people think as Baird was an employee of his.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                  What is this myth of having his pants pulled down? Fernandes was heavily involved in most if not all the transfers during the 18 months of madness. He is not nearly as daft or gullible as most think or believe him to be. The wreckless spending was down to him as our chairman and not Phil Baird as people think as Baird was an employee of his.
                  Beard was empowered to deal with the contracts, Hughes was empowered to select the players and Fernandes presided over it all. One is as guilty of negligence as the next in my opinion, but as Chairman and owner, the buck stops with Feranandes.

Comment

What is this myth of having his pants pulled down?
                    It's not a myth at all. By his own public admission he was naive and made mistakes (aside from Redknapp revealing it to the world's press). Let's not rewrite history now.

Fernandes was heavily involved in most if not all the transfers during the 18 months of madness.
                    I don't think that's true either. Much of the time he was on the other side of the planet. He would have had the final say on the transfers though, but mostly via skype, phone etc.

Comment

His biggest mistake since the takeover was allowing Hughes to almost interview him for the managers job at the time. Stanley. He was very very involved in the early days along with Baird with transfers and deals.

Comment

I'd rather have the 250m he's spent, spread evenly over 5 seasons with investments made on infrastructure, facilities, youth set-up and young players with a resale value myself. As opposed to pi$$ing it up the wall on salaries for players who didn't give a $hit, and a new gaff in Sandbanks for Harry Redknapp.

Hindsight is 20/20 though I guess!
                        Agreed, but in all honesty it isn't about hindsight though, it is more about good accounting- you can't pay a load of players £60,000 pw on 18,000 gates. One or two like Barton you can get away with,but almost a whole matchday squad on between 50-70k is just total madness.

Comment

It's your money too mate. Unless somebody else buys your overpriced match ticket every week!
                          It wasn't just their money though, it was the Sky TV money and as you say, the money of those of us stupid enough to pay £40-60 for a ticket.

Comment

It's your money too mate. Unless somebody else buys your overpriced match ticket every week!
                            Pretty sure Samba is our club record signing at 12.5m and we sold him straight back to the same club for 12m 6 months later.

Maybe we made a profit on Remy, I don't remember. What did Chelsea pay us for him?
                            There was a small profit on him I think they paid £11m, but when you take into account the losses on Diakite, Park, Mbia, Granero, Ferdinand , SWP, Traore, Cisse, Zamora etc the list of signings makes sad reading.

Comment

Stanis, We paid 7.5 million up front for Samba rising to 12.5 over the duration of his contract and sold him back for the same. 100% accurate that fee. We made nothing on any of the big time charlies we bought. And the reason I question him having his pants pulled down is what other team the size of ours pays 2 goalkeepers 142k a week between them? No matter naive you pretend to be anyone can see that is totally stupid.

Comment

Stanis, We paid 7.5 million up front for Samba rising to 12.5 over the duration of his contract and sold him back for the same. 100% accurate that fee. We made nothing on any of the big time charlies we bought. And the reason I question him having his pants pulled down is what other team the size of ours pays 2 goalkeepers 142k a week between them? No matter naive you pretend to be anyone can see that is totally stupid.
                                I should have been clearer that I was referring to Remy

Comment

Working...
                                X